Author Topic: Why does the FSW ask for a $25 donation to join?  (Read 16753 times)

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Why does the FSW ask for a $25 donation to join?
« on: January 22, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »
Primarily for two reasons:

1) Membership in the FSW has value, as many people have volunteered their time and energy in creating an organization to showcase Wyoming and assist like-minded folks to relocate there.  (If we're not worth the $25, then why even bother joining the FSW?)  As libertarians, we believe in an exchange of values.  (We also believe that the one-time $25 donation is a bargain!)  And even though none of us is salaried, the FSW does have its basic expenses to cover, and the $25 helps to "keep the lights on."

2) Anybody can merely fill out a form and lick a stamp.  The FSW, however, is seeking those who will do just a bit more than that.  We want you to perceive value in us, and, conversely, we want to perceive value in you.  $25 is not much money, but it is enough to weed out 95% of the tire-kickers and time-wasters out there.  It's a "cover charge" to keep the quality of our membership high.  FSW Members put their money where their mouth is!

Boston T. Party

_______________21 October 2007 UPDATE:

The $25 fee has been abolished. 
Also, FSW membership is now done only online.
Please read the below for more details.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=5283.msg38992#msg38992

Boston

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:05:15 PM by Boston »

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
Re: Why does the FSW ask for a $25 donation to join?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:49:14 AM »
This is what the FSP should have done.  It would have solved 90% of the inactive "paper members", who are unreachable, unknown, and didn't vote in the state vote.

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:13:32 PM »
This is what the FSP should have done.  It would have solved 90% of the inactive "paper members", who are unreachable, unknown, and didn't vote in the state vote.
What are you, a mind reader?   ;)

Offline Blaineus

• FSW Associate
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »
Out of curiousity -

If I become an Associate member now, and later have the means to become a full member in Wyoming in the correct time frame, will the one unsigned document count?  OR would I just send in a new, signed one, with the fee being tranferred?  Or what?   ;)

~Blaine
I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cleave to me.  Perverseness of heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
~Psalm 101

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 11:42:30 PM »
Blaineus, good question.
I think I also answered it elsewhere, but should
reiterate such here, too.

The $25 fee as Associate would also work for anybody
upgrading to Member with a signed SofI.  No second fee necessary!

We're not in this for the dough, and the $25 is more of a formality
than anything else.

Boston

Offline Blaineus

• FSW Associate
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:30:17 AM »
Ah good good.  The (as for now un)signed SOI for me along with the fee is in the mail.  Looks like I'm an associate now.
I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is base. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cleave to me.  Perverseness of heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
~Psalm 101

Offline Vince

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
Boston

Is there an email address I can use to Paypal FSW the $25?

Vince
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:58:49 AM by Vince »
Wear guns or wear chains!

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »
Vince,
If I'm not mistaken, the payment to FSW has to be CASH, and CASH only.
I think Federal Reserve Notes are acceptable, or even silver or gold, but I doubt electronic transfers are accepted.
Boston may be jammed up with the Jam for now.

Just my $0.02.
Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline lunghd

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • What? You've lost your liberty? *doh!*
    • Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »
What is the time frame from submission of my SofI to becoming a member?

(I'm not sure but gather it's something that is done when time is available, Just thought it might be worthy info to add to this thread.)
If it ain't broke; DON'T fix it. This includes Wyoming.

535    thieves in Congress each stealing 1FRN from you.
   1    thief promises to "bring home" 60% of your 1FRN.
----   -- ---------------------
534.4 FRN in their pocket - .60 in yours. Explain how that's a good deal again.

Offline Vince

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
Hmmm....first, let me thank ManfromNevada for his input, I sometimes feel overwhelmed weighing in here.

I have been looking around for an address to mail the cash to but can't find it (that doesn't mean it isn't there, mind you, just that I can't find it).

My bride and I are currently in Laramie on vacation, scouting various places to land when the time comes so this is important to me.

Boston, or whomever, is there a PO box I can mail the $25 to or anyone in the Laramie area I can hand it to personally?

BTW, we like it here; it was a derriere numbing ride out and promises to be so going back east but worth it.

Thanks again Nevada dude and congrats on your move out; bless you and your wife and best of everything while you are settling in (and beyond)

Vince

Offline lunghd

• What? You've lost your liberty? *doh!*
    • Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »
Poke around at http://www.freestatewyoming.org/index.html & you'll find it all! :)
If it ain't broke; DON'T fix it. This includes Wyoming.

535    thieves in Congress each stealing 1FRN from you.
   1    thief promises to "bring home" 60% of your 1FRN.
----   -- ---------------------
534.4 FRN in their pocket - .60 in yours. Explain how that's a good deal again.

Offline Erik

• Hold Fast.
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 09:44:52 AM »
http://www.freestatewyoming.org/images/fsw_soi.pdf

The address is at the bottom of the Statement of Intent.  ;)
Erik. 
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
-2 Corinthians, 4:8-9

Offline Vince

• FSW Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 12:02:55 PM »
Lunghd and Eric, thank you both!

I have just returned from a two week trip to Wyoming (Laramie area) and my wife and I both loved it.  The headaches from the 7200 plus altitude bothered me quite a bit but I began to acclimate by the end of the trip.  We have not checked the Crook County area yet but that is definitely ON for the next trip (plus I understand it is only about 4100 or 4200 feet above msl there).

Quite a few questions pop into mind after the trip which don't belong here (availability of water, access to internet, etc.) which I will post in (hopefully) the right place.  It seems my fellow freedom lovers are thoroughly knowledgeable and this forum is a perfect place to exchange information and experiences.

A seven year time frame seems more than fair as listed in the statement, yet I will not sign and declare until I tie up a few loose ends here.

If it is ok with Boston (and whomever) I will send the $25 minus the declaration (for now) since, even though seven years is MORE than enough time and I am certain I want to move I have no wish to be even remotely misleading when I sign a statement.  I take my word very seriously and never give it until I am certain I can keep it.

My thanks to all who maintain this site and to all with whom I have communicated thus far (even those with whom I disagree  :) ).

Vince

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »
The $25 fee has been abolished. 
Also, FSW membership is now done only online.
Please read the below for more details.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=5283.msg38992#msg38992

Boston