Author Topic: Greetings to all.  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Evil One

• Reader
  • Manster
    • My blog.
Greetings to all.
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »
My name is Jim and I am a 39 tear old telecom power tech.
I currently reside in Virginia but have lived in Colorado, Georgia, and Missouri.
As I get older I become more aware of the world around me and the constant downward spiral.
My wife and I made the decision to move where we would best survive when the inevitable collapse of our country happens.
Our families think we are nuts and quite frankly, we are OK with that.
I think that society views most people who dont march in lock step with the majority as nuts.
We are now looking into Wy, I was given the link to this forum by a board member at another place I post at.
Wy, Mt, and Ak were on our list, but the Free State movement here has shot Wy to the top of the list.
If I am alive when the collapse comes, being near people of a like mind will come in handy.
I have started looking for property, away from the main populace.
A small cabin or land for a travel trailer would be perfect.
I am a telecom tech, and get home to my wife once or twice a month... hoping to change that in the future to be able to take a couple of weeks off here and there for time with her and hunting.
I do believe that I will find this forum and its residents to be a valuable resource, and hopefully will be able to make a small contribution in return.
Thanks for the seat at the table.

Jim

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Greetings to all.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:52:43 AM »
Welcome! Please explore the whole forum and read a lot of it because you can get a very good idea about many of us that way, as well as lots of good information about Wyoming and all the variations in climate, etc. Then plan to come visit us in June (9 - 12) for our Jamboree, so you and your wife can meet a large number of us in a relaxed and joyful environment.

And please encourage your wife to look at the forum as well. Many of the women don't post much here, but many would be happy to talk with her in email or private messages. I'm always available and happy to help in any way possible. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Wyomingite4Freedom

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »
Welcome - to you and your wife! :)
In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned.  When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. ~ Mark Twain

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
Jim,
I spent my whole career as an engineer in the telecom field. I retired 9 years ago from Silicon Valley. It was a great career.

I've been in WY now 3+ years and love it here. It has lots of good things going for it, especially the people, both those with FSW and those who share our values but have yet to discover us! My neighbor is a state senator and shares most of my views on taxes, nanny statism, and the 2A.

Good luck on your search for freedom and happiness. I've found my piece of heaven.

Mac (Crook County)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline leeanndavis

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
Welcome to you and your wife!   :)  We were going to move to Alaska, but things changed and we came to Wyoming.  Now I am really glad that we did.  Alaska is very controlling and doesn't trust people who aren't from there.  Wyoming is a much better fit for us.  Anywho, welcome again.

Offline Evil One

• Reader
  • Manster
    • My blog.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »
Many thanks for the warm welcome.
I am sure my wife will find her way here, she has already told me that she wishes to attend the 2011 Jam.
After a bit of reading there is no doubt that Wy is on the top of my list.
You fine people believe and stand for the same things that I do, and thats a rare situation in todays world.

Jim

Offline SafetyFactor

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
Hey Jim,

Welcome!  What's with the user name?  Seems a bit off-putting, albeit unique. I tend to avoid evil where possible.

David
Todays headlines and other distractions brought to you by the makers of the New World Order- Creators of problems and their solutions since 1913. - SafetyFactor

Offline Evil One

• Reader
  • Manster
    • My blog.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 07:29:46 AM »
No matter what a person does in their life, they will be viewed as evil and wrong by someone.
I accept that my thoughts and beliefs are not accepted by general society and by going against the status quo I will be see as evil and unamerican by the masses... when nothing could be farther from the truth.
Its partly tongue in cheek and also as acceptance that people like me will never be embraced by society at large.

Jim