Author Topic: Howdy, just joined today  (Read 8813 times)

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
Howdy, just joined today
« on: November 17, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »
I've lived in Montana for almost 40 years, recently I pretty much moved my "stuff" to the family homestead ( so to speak) in East Texas, where I spend the winter months helping out. But for right now my residency is in Montana still.. mostly because , well habit I guess.. and I like to hunt ( poor reasons I guess) I've been looking at and thinking Wyo for several years..

After reading some of the posts and the thoughts behind them as best I can figure , I would be a good fit, But while I'm one who has screamed for years about getting the Gov off our backs I must now admit that my income is from SSI and DAV ( USMC) , both Government handouts, oh sure I paid for both in one way or the other but I feel kinda hypocritical calling down the Gov while cashing my checks every month.. but I'm sure as hell gonna do so as long as they come in the mail.

So where does that leave somebody like me? sure I can stop taking the money, but what does one do at 68 years old ? go to W-M and be a people greeter?..

I have all my freedoms simply because I live my life as I wish, it's kinda like the 10 commandments , you can live a good happy life full of friends and family and never break more then one or two... and never go to church.. that's how I feel about my freedoms.. the Gov can take my money or just not send it to me, I will survive  , I'll find a way.. do I want to? hell no.. I like my life..

my issues with Gov is when they try to abolish my rights to appease somebody I don't even know.. such as the 2A.. I own a lot of guns.. none of them have ever sneaked out at night and stole a car, held up a 711 or shot up a "hood"... so... they leave me the hell alone and I'll leave them alone.. if Sarah Brady don't like guns then don't go to a range, don't hang out in bad parts of town... don't like a movie with nudity? don't watch it.. that's what I mean about my freedoms..

I figure one day my checks won't come in , when that happens nobody Else's will either so we will all be in the same boat.. some will have a nicer boat but that's fine.. I mostly just want to be left alone , not in the sense of having no friends etc..

I just don't want to have some Fed Timber Nazi ( USFS) jumping me because the tire on my truck went off the road a bit.. no driving off roads is fine I guess, but it should be the state not the Fed Gov , As I understand it the lands within a state belong to the state except National parks..

I don't want to get stopped for a broken tail light and have some junior gestapo type make his first question "Do you have any firearms in your vehicle"...  when I say yes I don't want to be asked to submit to a search of my person and my vehicle , then be relieved of my legal weapon... this is wrong.. tell me to fix my tail light or give me a ticket.. and leave me alone..

I've been a LEO and never asked anybody that question.. nor did I ever have cause to. Our local Law Enforcement agency's have been turned into something I don't understand ( thru the advent of "Gov" money) when I went to work I believed I was the sheep dog keeping the varmints away from my flock.. I also know for a fact that most young people coming out of the current  LEO Academy's have an "US against Them" attitude... Us meaning anybody who is not a cop... I remember when all the LEO cars had "To protect and serve" in big letters on the side... where is it today?

Well for a first post this was pretty heavy, I don't care what anybody does in their home as long as it don't harm a child... smoking pot in front of your kids is harmful to them... I don't care if your Gay, just leave me out of it... I hope you home school, if not that's ok too.. your choice. If you drive drunk I'll help drag you to jail... drink at home! that's what I do when I want a drink.

Hell maybe I won't be a good fit.... or maybe I will.. but I'm all for the idea of the free state!... I can live 7 or 8 months any place I want to.. but I will winter with the Family...

I'll spend some time in Wyo this summer.( I know I 90 like the back of my hand). If the get together is in June I will be in Idaho the second week shooting the MGM Iron Man 3 gun.. other wise I'll try to be there..

Hope I didn't put anybody off.. maybe another time I can explain me better.. after I grow up and figger out what I wanna be...

Offline laramierancher

• Social Type
Re: Howdy, just joined today
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
Welcome on board.  Sounds like you'll fit right in.

Offline HardwareHank

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »
I've never gotten used to someone being a "LEO".
I grew up when they were "Peace Officers".

"If'n George Washington was alive today... he'd buy two things... a rifle and a roadmap to Washington DC"

Offline HardwareHank

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »
I got no issue with a Peace Officer stopping a feller whose had a beer or two too many. Taking his keys and driving him home. that's how things were done once upon a time in America. Many was the time my Old Man came home in the back seat of a Deputy Sheriff's car.

Having said that... There's something terribly amiss when a feller can't drive the back forty after a hard days work... a cold beer between his knees without worrying about being arrested for something called "open container".

Somewhere along the line... we forgot about personal responsibility.

"If'n George Washington was alive today... he'd buy two things... a rifle and a roadmap to Washington DC"

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
I've never gotten used to someone being a "LEO".
I grew up when they were "Peace Officers".

Welcome to 2010 Hank.. I agree but then I'm old and lazy, it's easier to type LEO then "Peace Officer"... And ..uh.. I said "DRUNK" driving.. I've taken the keys and Lic from many a person and went back later to wake them up so they could get home, also I've driven a lot home.. it's fun to knock on the door at 0245 and when the little lady answers the door you smile and say "Good evening Mrs ..........., here's your DH, this one is on me, next time it's on him...lol the ass kicking starts seconds after the door slams..

But, I've peeled body's off the road because of drunk drivers, and had to knock on the door to tell a family who ain't won't be there for breakfast... I've had to get 6 kids out of class at school to tell them mommy won't be home tonight due to... you got it..

I guess that there is a world of difference in driving along with"A" cold beer and driving along with a 6 pack in the gut..until a couple of years ago Montana didn't have any law against having an open container.. now it does..

So there are freedoms and there are abuses of freedoms... I guess each person has to decide which is what... I know the difference..

Offline TexasGirl

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »
Welcome!  

Make yourself at home, there's no eggshells to worry about walking on here.  

~TG
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 07:09:18 AM »
Welcome!  

Make yourself at home, there's no eggshells to worry about walking on here.  

~TG

Thanks TG, I never worry about egg shells..they make wonderful sounds when you crush em!...as the saying goes if ya ain't shooting ya best be reloading!.

My winter home is near Tyler.. that sounds kinda snobby, my winter home is a small prefabbed cabin just big enough for me and Molly the dog.. but we don't need more then that..

Have yawl been to Wyo to look around?..
TW

Offline Stratispho

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Google Voluntaryism
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »
Can you back up your claim that smoking pot in front of kids is harmful to them?
I pledge allegiance to liberty and justice for all, and pledge perpetual opposition to the Republic of the United States, and to the control and tyranny for which it stands.

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 09:34:24 AM »
Can you back up your claim that smoking pot in front of kids is harmful to them?

Health wise? no.. But whether or not you care what the public thinks the existing laws are such that the courts can and do and will remove kids from what "THEY" ( not me) see as a harmful environment, If you think having ones kids tossed into the States hands is not harmful then I guess we will never agree on "Harmful"...

But until the laws are changed or the public opinion changes then you risk that . I don't think owning an "unregistered Machine Gun is harmful to anybody , but the Laws of the land as they exist at this time say otherwise..

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers but there it is.. there is always some harm involving dope... dodge the issue, argue all you want but it is a fact.. all dope? no .. I think Pot should be legal just as booze is.. do I think Crack or Meth should be?... NO... the point of freedom is freedom of thought, I think those things are bad maybe others don't... no big deal.. that's just me stating my" free" opinion on a subject..

If I lived in a state where it came up for a vote, I'd vote for pot and against Crack and Meth.. if they became legal so be it.. I still won't use either.. others can if they wish... Freedom!! works both ways..

Joe schmo wants to smoke pot.. I wanna own a machine gun with no paper hassles.. lets all vote on it...

Sad to say but until things change there are way too many things that are deemed harmful or against some law and we have to live with it or around it..
I personally believe in asking for forgiveness rather then permission.. by most rules of decency and the law that makes me an Outlaw.. like this is new!!

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »
Welcome, tripwire! I do hope you'll come to the 2011 Jam here in NE Wyoming. Probably June 9 - 12. http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=10091.0

I suspect we'll have a lot of good things to discuss around the campfire. But if you can't come then, there are always plenty of us to talk to here. Just come when you get the chance. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 10:40:59 AM »
Welcome, tripwire! I do hope you'll come to the 2011 Jam here in NE Wyoming. Probably June 9 - 12. http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=10091.0

I suspect we'll have a lot of good things to discuss around the campfire. But if you can't come then, there are always plenty of us to talk to here. Just come when you get the chance. :)

Thank you ML , I'm always up for a good campfire chat, the Jam hit right on the same weekend I'll be in Idaho..unless me and my new knee are still not getting along.. hard to move well and kneel down on.. so if I can't shoot I may be there..

But I'd really like to come, never been in that part of Wyo.. was in about the same area in ND a long time ago.. crossed the border at botino or some such... that pot hole prairie  country was kinda pretty...

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »
We do plenty of shooting around here too, so if your knee won't cooperate with that class you won't be out a whole lot by coming here instead. Looking forward to meeting you. :)

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
We do plenty of shooting around here too, so if your knee won't cooperate with that class you won't be out a whole lot by coming here instead. Looking forward to meeting you. :)

That's a deal.... the Iron man isn't a shooting class so to speak.. altho I get several lessons every time I go.. it's the hardest, baddest , toughest match one can shoot.. picture one stage of fire that uses your rifle , shotgun and hand gun , with maybe 100 to 150 rounds of fire.. IF you don't miss.. then picture having all your loaded mags on your body.. shot shells on a belt or in a dump bag.. then when the timer beeps you start running ( hobbling in my case) shooting on the run.. some of the courses of fire have a 10 minute time limit.. most people take almost all of it.. some time out before they are done ( ME ME ME !!)...

Now.. do that 11 times thru 2 1/2 days...first light to last... it's rough.. and for me it's even rougher... coz I'm an old fart and gimpy.. I'm adding a you tube video of the IM, it shows of course the top shooters.. I'm at the end of the line!! lol... I add this any time I can because Mike Gibson , the Owner of MGM Targets and founder of the Iron Man match  and his family are true Patriots and just super people.. I hope it's OK to post it... and it's a first come first serve match.. if ya wanna shoot in it then just sign up and show up.. A buddy and I went 2 years in a row and each year since more and more of our shooting buddy's from MT shooters showed up, now there is almost 2 squads of MT folks there... any questions please ask and I'll help all I can.. I've made it thru 4 years in a row then missed the last 2 because of knee problems and  new knee.... this year I'm going if i have to crawl!....

One last plug... the Zip line... is the easiest thing there in the match, the rest is a real ass kicker.. Yawl Come!!

Watch it and enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qUhGppES4&feature=player_embedded

HB

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 04:17:49 PM »
I have heard of it, but it's way out of my league. Some of that stuff is really wild!! Thanks for showing it to us.

Offline Tripwire

• Rather Interested
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »
I have heard of it, but it's way out of my league. Some of that stuff is really wild!! Thanks for showing it to us.

Hell ML it's out of my league too...lol..but I enjoy it...there is one stage where you shoot your 3 guns plus 2 sub MG's ( they furnish the guns and the ammo).. it's a hoot!!