Author Topic: Hey y'all  (Read 4221 times)

Offline ConfederateCatholic

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • For Southern Rights Hurrah!
Hey y'all
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hi and introduce myself. I'm not very good at this. I didn't take the time to develop my social skills that well since I moved around so much as a kid. Please forgive me if this reads awkward.

I'm just a Southern boy from Georgia and a Southern Nationalist. I'm a traditional Roman Catholic (I really don't like Vatican II). Two strikes against me already, I know. I was born in GA, but I was raised all over the place thanks to being an Air Force brat. I also lived a good bit of time in NJ after my parents divorced. I moved back to GA when I was 14 after my dad got custody of my sister and I. We've been down here ever since. I used to have that smug Yankee attitude. Thankfully enough I've since dropped it and embraced my Southern Heritage (the politically-incorrect, true stuff. Contrary to politically-correct belief, Southrons are not the eeeeevil, backwards, ignorant, inbred, racist slavers we're demonized as being). I'm 30, single, poor as dirt, and subjugated to the Amerikan Regime.

I found y'all after lurking on a minarchist/anarchist site that was linked to on one of the Southern Nationalist sites I frequent. A post there had a link to FSW.org and was talking about a Free Dixie movement like what y'all have going for Wyoming. I decided to check y'all out because I also remember seeing Wyoming on James W. Rawles' American Redoubt post on his website.

The FSW appeals to me greatly because it is almost a mirror image of traditional (politically-incorrect) old Southern culture. Unfortunately my "awakening" has been rather slow to say the least. I've been lurking here the past few days on my nights off. Suffice it to say that if I had the money I'd be moving to Wyoming tonight. While my heart will always be in Dixie, there just isn't anything I can really do down here right now. Carpetbagger migration to continue the 140 year, never ending "reconstruction" of the "backwards" South just continues to flush things down the hole. While it seems more people are waking up to the truth of their heritage, too many laws are in place to keep us down. At least for now. I pray for secession and a once again free and independent Southern homeland.

Anyways, back to FSW and the dream of moving to Wyoming. After lurking here for the past week (roughly), I do believe I'm sold! A culture that mirrors the traditional South, four (4) distinct seasons (I miss that a lot), I can get out in the spring, summer and autumn w/o having to worry about heat stroke, low cost of living, no State income tax, less bugs, and low population has me looking to find anyway that I can get out there as soon as possible. I'm going to be talking to my mother and sister about advice on what to do since they are more experienced at moving than I am. I'm also going to do my best to see if I can't talk them into at least considering the move themselves eventually (hopefully sooner than too late).

I hope that I'm not forgetting anything. Again, I just wanted to drop a line and say hi y'all.
~Deo Vindice~ God will Vindicate

"Even when those who move you may be Kings, or men of power your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus," or that Virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." Kingdom of Heaven

Offline Brandy

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Submissive in totality to one only.
Re: Hey y'all
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »
Keep reading and ask questions!

Welcome

Brandy ~W~
Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes!

Offline Seniortech

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
Hey Johnny,
Welcome to the forum.  Ah'm a southrun boy (old man now) mahsef.
Been in Wyoming for four years, love it, best move I ever made, ain't going back.
Glad to have you here.

John
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
A. Einstein

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »
CC,
That's an interesting intro!
Welcome here!
We've got several good Southerners here and nobody thinks they are evil, backward, ignorant, or  . . . .

I've always been a believer in the right to secede from the union. Just doesn't make any sense that a voluntary entry into a federation should be met with death, destruction, pillage, rape, and carnage when situations change and it's time to leave.

Can you imagine France, Germany, and the rest of the EU sending troops to Greece and destroying their cities if they were to withdraw from the EU? That would be crazy, yet most Americans are taught (in government schools) that the Union was perfectly justified in the War of Northern Aggression.

Well, that's about all I have on the topic.
Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »

We've got several good Southerners here and nobody thinks they are evil, backward, ignorant, or  . . . .

Well, perhaps some don't think too highly of us Southern California escapees.  >:D Do we count as Southerners? LOL
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Terrible Claw

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
Well, perhaps some don't think too highly of us Southern California escapees.  >:D Do we count as Southerners? LOL

Few people look upon Californians as positive around here, Mama. You're an exception. Californians are to Wyoming as Yankees are to the South. Never call a Southerner a Yankee unless you're spoilin' for a fight.

ConfederateCatholic, I was a Texan before I moved here in 2006. You're spot on describing how similar old Southern Culture is to Wyoming Culture. I found out about FSW in 2004 when I was looking for some good books to read and happened upon a guy who called himself, "Boston T. Party." Took me a little bit before I bought his Gun Bible, but it caused me to find this organization and the great people that make it up. I was formerly so poor I couldn't afford dirt but by God's grace, I have found a better life here in Wyoming. When I told my family of my plans to move in 2005, I sparked an interest that ended with the migration of my mother and three of my five siblings to Wyoming. 

Hope to see you here, ConCath!
You're free to PM me with any questions. I enjoy being of service to others.
"It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible-reading people." - Horace Greeley, 1852

Offline ConfederateCatholic

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • For Southern Rights Hurrah!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:33:30 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all. :)

Never call a Southerner a Yankee unless you're spoilin' for a fight.
So true indeed, lol!  :D

I was formerly so poor I couldn't afford dirt

This is where I am right now. I can't afford much of anything. I have to rent a room out of my dad's place and I still owe him around $2k from when I used up a credit card a few years ago when I had my own apartment. I don't really have any big bills sucking up my money, just small pay checks. I'm seriously thinking about spending no more than what I have to on my cell phone bill (which is going bye bye in a few months after my contract expires), and vehicle insurance. This way all that extra can go to my dad to get him payed off so I can start trying to save what ever I can after that. I'd absolutely love to be able to move out there around this time next year. That's my goal.

I'm also hoping to talk my sister and brother-in-law into packing up their 3 youngins and my mom, and moving to Wyoming sometime soon as well. I have my ex-bro-in-law (my sister is divorced and remarried) convinced to move to Wyoming already. He loves the idea of wide open spaces. He's also gonna help try and convince my sister.

She still has 2 more years of school left before she'll even consider moving though. I can't blame her for wanting to finish that up. In the mean time she wants me to find out how good the gooberment indoctrination centers... er, public schools are (I wish I could convince her to try and homeschool). She wants to know how they rank in "national" test scores, and the average number of kids per class.

She also wants to know what kind of jobs are available and how easy it is to get a job. (I'm single so I'd be perfectly happy if I was able to find some basic ranch work that simply paid me in knowledge of how to farm/ranch. I'm tired of white collar desk jobs. I want to get out of the city [sm/med/lrg].) Also, what is the cost of living up there? Avg gas prices? Any help on where to find this kind of info would be much appreciated. She doesn't have internet access at home, and all the moving I ever really did was when I was still a kid so I never really had to look for this stuff before.

Even though my heart will always be in Dixie, I look forward to the time that I'll be able to make the move to Wyoming. If for no other reason other than because it's just too darn HOT and HUMID down here.  :P
~Deo Vindice~ God will Vindicate

"Even when those who move you may be Kings, or men of power your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus," or that Virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." Kingdom of Heaven

Offline archy

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
    • FReeper profile at Free Republic.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »

I'm just a Southern boy from Georgia and a Southern Nationalist. I'm a traditional Roman Catholic (I really don't like Vatican II). Two strikes against me already, I know. I was born in GA, but I was raised all over the place thanks to being an Air Force brat.
 . ... .

I decided to check y'all out because I also remember seeing Wyoming on James W. Rawles' American Redoubt post on his website.

I spent a good bit of time working around Atlanta out by Brunswick NAS after I got out of the Army, and spent the tail end of the '90s and first couple of years of the New Century in the Memphis area, so I do know and love the South, to include Texas, which is really a whole seperate category in itself. But I really liked Georgia, and might have stayed, had I not seen the probable future outcome of the local governmental corruption and hypocrisy, worsening crime and economic decline. The same things can also be said of my own former home area in the Midwestern states of Illinois and Indiana. There, the downward spiral is slower, more a case of one step forward, two steps back, but anyone who's had their eyes open can see what's coming.

So it's Wyoming for me, too. That's not to say that I'll forget or reject the ways and customs of either my former home or previous adopted ones, because they were, I hope, qualities that I both admire and hope have rubbed off a few of my own rough edges. But yep, I understand well where you're coming from, and just want you to know that wherever you are in the Cowboy State, you'll have a neighbor where I am.

Religion? Yeah I was not brought up as a Roman Catholic but discovered and accepted it around age ten, and was baptised and confirmed a few years later as my own decision. As you say, Vatican II left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I set that faith aside for a while, came back looking for it, and couldn't find that for which I was looking. I continued my search, found Russian Orthodoxy, and explored that, though discovering that one of that faith's previous Patriarchs was a KGB plant troubled me more than just a bit. But on a slightly different channel, I discovered Serbian Orthodoxy, and found that fit like an old warm glove when bitter winds chill unprotected flesh. I found the Easter Vaskrs Velikden/Pascha celebrations to be beautiful and fulfilling, and the sausage dinners aren't bad either. Yeah, I'm still having trouble with the language. Big deal, they're beautiful in English, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHfM0QwdgGw&feature=related. And Christmas celebrations have their own traditions as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CimKkt4sle0&feature=fvsr

I reckon you'll get on right well in Wyoming, and there are even a few USAF bluesuiter bases to be found in the state. Just try real hard not to snicker at the new blue tiger stripe camo fatigues.

Hope to see you in Wyoming soon.

-archy-/-
I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. After I realized he had no use for his shoes, I took them, and then I felt much better about myself.

Offline FDNYLiberty

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »
WELCOME  ~W~