Free State Wyoming (FSW) Promotional > Making the Case for Moving Toward Freedom (and Wyoming!)

Wyoming, a state of "little platoons"

(1/3) > >>

Paul Bonneau:
The neocon line one usually runs into these days has become as mindless and dogmatic as anything the left "liberals" ever came up with, so it is quite a treat to find a more traditional and thoughtful conservative exposition:

Defending the "Little Platoons"; Communitarianism in American Conservatism

Thomas Woods here even manages to connect communitarianism (usually thought of as leftist) with conservative thought. It appears the conservatives got there first.

The interesting thing about this is that it has a connection to Wyoming, in that Wyoming is essentially a state of "little platoons", a small town state where the small-scale community connections still exist. I am continually amazed at all the little groups one runs into in Cody, for example, promoting this or that aspect of culture, and they seem to have a parade or two every month.

Athanasius:

--- Quote ---Broadly speaking, traditionalists believed in prescription over rash innovation, emphasized the
importance of private property and social distinctions, and denied the perfectibility
of man. They viewed man and his condition in the concrete, and not with
reference to an imaginary state of nature or under a Rawlsian veil of ignorance.
--- End quote ---

This is so me. I've never been a classical libertarian, though I've agreed with them strongly on several things. I might have to pick up some Russell Kirk.

Thanks for the great find Paul Bonneau!

archy:

--- Quote from: Paul Bonneau on March 30, 2011, 10:04:22 AM ---
The interesting thing about this is that it has a connection to Wyoming, in that Wyoming is essentially a state of "little platoons", a small town state where the small-scale community connections still exist. I am continually amazed at all the little groups one runs into in Cody, for example, promoting this or that aspect of culture, and they seem to have a parade or two every month.

--- End quote ---

Are you familiar with the term LGOPs? I'll see if I can track down the exact quote and definition for you.

Crappiewy:
You mean Paratroopers? That I know.

Crappiewy:
I dont know the quote but it is what happens when a battle plan goes to hell and you got a bunch of young kids armed to the theeth with nothing else to do. And no one watching them. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version