Author Topic: Ok so here is a question why would folks want to move to Wyoming?  (Read 33620 times)

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
Re: Ok so here is a question why would folks want to move to Wyoming?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »
read it

That is not much of a reply.  Do you mean it in the past tense or the present imperative?  You see, two words do not provide a lot of communication here. 

There are the two obvious choices I just mentioned, and some implied messages.  One is that you returned and read the replies to your thread.  Another is that you decided to post a cryptic reply -- for reasons maybe only you understand.  Maybe your message is a challenge, a puzzle that we might contemplate and perhaps a few may discern the correct solution.  (But why should we bother?  Think about that.)

I have been looking at this free land offer for moving to the west.  States like Nebraska, Wyoming, and many others offer free land for me to move in since I have two kids under 5

If you are JUST looking for free land, please leave now.  NOW!  That is not what we are about.

If you are really freedom oriented, then please state your case.  If you are genuine, this will be easy.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline bluewaterMI

• Casual Observer
  • just listening to ideas
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »
mmm in the last election I voted for a Libertarian for Governor here in Michigan

I have run as a state Representative and for a trustee position opposing the two major parties

I want to be off the grid to be free from all the laws so an earthship seems dead on.

I like the idea of an area controlled by an independent Party and having enough folks to win that election.

I seem to be excited that Ron Paul is running for President in 2012. However in 2008 I did not know enough and am a new convert I suppose
What other questions do you guys have if I am allowed here?
I support Ron Paul & Donald Trump in 2012

Offline bluewaterMI

• Casual Observer
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »
I also like silver now (and am a new convert to that since the dollar is falling)

What kind of healthcare does the state of wyoming offer it's citizens if they where just moving in? (you know until you can get your own and find a job)

Does anybody know how much free land it is? or would it be better to buy a few acres?

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »
I have run as a state Representative and for a trustee position opposing the two major parties
I want to be off the grid to be free from all the laws so an earthship seems dead on.
I like the idea of an area controlled by an independent Party and having enough folks to win that election.
That is a good start, I suppose.  :)

What kind of healthcare does the state of wyoming offer it's citizens if they where just moving in? (you know until you can get your own and find a job)  Does anybody know how much free land it is? or would it be better to buy a few acres?

And you have to spoil your good start with this crap.  Sigh.

Please search and read the forum archives, and if you feel that you belong here, keep posting so that we can get to know you.  I highly suggest that you tell what quotes from Ayn Rand or Harry Browne you find insightful.  Or Ron Paul.  Or whoever floats your boat.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline MichaelNotMike

• FSW Associate
  • FSW friend. In Wyoming.
    • Freedom Feens!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 11:38:25 PM »

What kind of healthcare does the state of wyoming offer it's citizens if they where just moving in? (you know until you can get your own and find a job)

I think anyone asking for free health care does not "get" what we're about.

And the answer is "less than almost any other state."

Anti-war, pro-gun.

Offline Dennis Wilson

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Sovereign Individual - Free Yourself
    • http://DennisLeeWilson.com
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »
The "Free" in "Free State Wyoming" refers to being politically free, as in

1.   The condition of being free from control or restrictions.
2.   The condition of being free from imprisonment, slavery or forced labour.
3.   The condition of being free to act, believe or express oneself as one chooses.
4.   Freedom from excess government control.

It does NOT refer to being financially free or free of personal responsibility, as in

1. Free food.
2. Free beer.
3. Free housing (and health care).
4. Free TV, movies and entertainment--all provided by "someone" else, of course, invariably a productive taxpayer.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:02:12 AM by Dennis Wilson »

Offline Jackpot

• Social Type
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »

Does anybody know how much free land it is? or would it be better to buy a few acres?

Wow, I just cant help but say, "You sir need to wash your mouth out....with a shotgun."  Maybe your screwin with us, I certainly hope so.  If not then I can offer you this advice.  Do not move here, do not look in my direction, do not associate with my state in any way, your ilk ruined other states of former glory.  I sincerely hope this all just a very funny joke that is meant to ensure like minded individuals are present.  ???
"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." -Edward Abbey

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 08:25:32 AM »

Wow, I just cant help but say, "You sir need to wash your mouth out....with a shotgun."  Maybe your screwin with us, I certainly hope so.  If not then I can offer you this advice.  Do not move here, do not look in my direction, do not associate with my state in any way, your ilk ruined other states of former glory.  I sincerely hope this all just a very funny joke that is meant to ensure like minded individuals are present.  ???

:D

Well, there IS a lot of "free" land. Mainly in places you dont want to live like Chugwater. It takes a very special type of person to live in some of these places. There are of course conditions like you have to stay for a certain amount of time and in some cases bring a business.

Offline Wyobob

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »
Free Land and Free healthcare? Wow you don't want much do you?  If you are for real you should know there isn't anything like that here.  So did you have insurance when you had kids or did the the state pay for them?  

I moved here labor day weekend 1993, with a new baby, wife and 1966 motorhome, and $300.  I worked two full time jobs to make enough for a security deposit on an apartment before we froze. It's been a long road since then but I never forgot how hard I had to work to get where I sit today.  

My point is that all of us had to work for it.  NEVER would I have thought to ask for a hand out.  If hand outs are what you think the dream is about then you need to stay where you are. If you are looking for a place to live try asking the question a different way.  Try something like "Is there anyone know of a job that offers housing as part of the package". Maybe something like a cook at a lodge or a hand at one of the ranches. Just don't start off with "somebody needs to do something for me" since nothing pisses us off worse than a free loader.
Support search and rescue "GET LOST"

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 08:39:30 AM »
read it
Well, at least he's reading.
Mac
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:44:58 AM by manfromnevada »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline FDNYLiberty

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »
While I am now retired, I am making my way out to WY --- and NOT for any "free" handouts like free land or healthcare. While I may not actively be "employed", I WILL offer my labor to my neighbors and community FREE. Maybe I wil get involvoled with the local first aid/fire department or the local animal shelter. I will also be there for any FSW person or my neighbors who need an extra set of hands. In turn, all I expect in return is to help me learn new skills (like hunting, fishing, marksmanship, homesteading crafts) that will help me to be be more self-sufficient, and not to be a burden to anyone. No free rides.

I agree with some of those who commented here that if you are looking for a "free ride", then just do us all a favor and stay where you are. 

I am coming (first-time) to the JAM in June with my wife to check things out, and I suspect that the FSW folks will also be checking ME out more so than I am of them. Maybe you should consider doing the same. In the meantime, do your own homework about the benefits of living in WY.

Wyoming has a harsh climate. I could move to TN, NE, GA or anywhere else where I could grow food easier. But I choose LIBERTY & FREEDOM above all. Without being able to exercise that, it is not worth living -- anywhere!
It is my wife and my decision to live - or die - with like minded FSW folks in WY.

FDNYLiberty

Offline bluewaterMI

• Casual Observer
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
mmm I am not on state healthcare and me and my wife nor kids have never been on it.
I have insurance with my current job.

But when you move somewhere I assume you may have to be on for the children 90-120 days until your new employers insurance kicks in

that is what your taxes help pay for
(not for a free ride mentality)

Free Land is not free it appears that there is a cost to it. Follow the rules to be able to get it

I am not to familir with rand but Ron Paul is making alot of sense to me
I don't like too quote other people. I like to think for myself

Offline Rich

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Cowboy Up, Or Go Sit in the Truck!
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
mmm I am not on state healthcare and me and my wife nor kids have never been on it.
I have insurance with my current job.

Fine.

But when you move somewhere I assume you may have to be on for the children 90-120 days until your new employers insurance kicks in

That's the problem you ASSUME things that don't and should not exist... That is not a freedom mindset.

that is what your taxes help pay for
(not for a free ride mentality)

EXCUSE ME? What! 1st, Exactly What Taxes are you referring to?? The state Sales tax? The Vehicular lic tax? The Property Tax?
Exactly What 'Tax' is supposed to pay for your children's health care just cause you decided to move here?

Free Land is not free it appears that there is a cost to it. Follow the rules to be able to get it   

If you buy land you're not beholden to those 'rules'

Semper Fi.
"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."  "Sec Def Rumsfeldt"

Offline Wyobob

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 12:39:28 PM »
Well then,  we seem to be on a rant for no reason then.  Medicaid in Wyoming doesn't cover much except for pregnancy related care and that's to assure healthy babies.  If you have a job then you would be expected to pay for Cobra on your prior insurance. Your children might qualify for Kidcare it's subsided from the state.  http://www.health.wyo.gov/healthcarefin/chip/index.html

And the quote about that's what our taxes pay for. It makes us a little buggy that you assume we have a tax that will pay for X.  The reason we live here is because we refuse to support a tax that will pay for X much less Y and Z taxes.  Most elected officials are elected on the platform of no new taxes.   
Support search and rescue "GET LOST"

Offline bluewaterMI

• Casual Observer
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »
In the state of Michigan we pay alot of taxes.
to name a few sales tax property Tax, state income Tax etc etc etc, and employers pay alot of taxes too. This is to help us out.

If we get laid off we get state unemployment checks. Also if you don't make enough money the state gives aid for the children or those adults who have hit hard times (There is alot of folks who have hit hard times here)

There is folks who also abuse the system and that's just downright wrong however it also helps support those who cannot support themselves with extra services needed. (such as the blind, deaf and other citizens such as this)

Many folks don't know what freedom is. They still are slaves still to the system. We must use and leverage the system within the laws and use options and benefits that can set us not only more free from government control but also economic freedom and leverage states and cities to do that. Because in the long run it will benefit the states and cities.

Today my employer was so happy with me I got a FREE gift card for my lunch and at the end of the week i will get a FREE dress shirt ;D