Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 7524 times)

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
Hey everyone
« on: August 11, 2011, 01:47:08 AM »
Hey everyone I am a 17 year old agorist/anarcho-capitalist who is planning on moving to Wyoming once I turn 18, preferably Crook County...but I do have a couple questions. I've been looking at some properties in Crook county and I was wondering what sort of wildlife is there in that county/region of Wyoming? I know that there are deer, elk, and turkey, and based on what I've read a few mountain lions as well but I'm wondering are there any black bears? Also are there any rattlesnakes? I doubt there are rattlesnakes since it's probably too cold for them but I thought it'd be a good idea to at least ask...and either way it won't affect my decision to move there, I'm just asking so I can be prepared. Also aside from the bears, snakes, and mountain lions I mentioned, are there any problematic species of animals in that area of Wyoming? Thanks and have a great day.
"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Here is my gpg key as of 05/27/2012

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9CB41A3E101B1CD3

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:33:31 AM »
Welcome! I've never heard of bears here, for whatever that's worth. We do have rattlesnakes... they just tend to move more slowly in cold weather.  >:D  The most problematic animal so far for me are the damned-deer. (Many of us consider the word "deer" to be incomplete.)

Best way to prepare is to learn to be very aware of your surroundings (a good idea anywhere) and wear the appropriate clothing, boots, etc. Having a serious sidearm and rifle can also be very helpful. Lots of good training and advice available here if you are not already proficient there.

Anyway, I hope you will visit and let us get to know you better! We sure do need liberty minded young people. :) Please plan to come visit Mama in Newcastle.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:42:54 AM »
Okay thanks for the information. And okay I will make sure to visit when I can. :)

Offline Mjolnir

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • The Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:59:49 AM »
Well the Black Hills does have a migrant bear population.  Black bears, and even moose, will occasionally find themselves in the Black Hills as they move from one place to another.  The sightings are pretty rare though.  But we also have antelope. They're usually good eating because they spend their entire life seasoning themselves (eating sage). 
”Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”<br />~George Washington

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »
Good to hear from you, AgoristTeen. Interesting timing, as we've been having some friendly discussions of anarchy vs minarchy/constitutionalism elsewhere on the boards. You might be interested in the link in my sig, though you may have come across it before.

How long till you think you may be moving up?  I'm not there yet myself, but working on it.  Mama's right, a visit before moving is a good thing, especially if moving is still a ways off, it's a refreshing and invigorating experience. 

seasoning themselves (eating sage)

Haha. Nice of them to do that, save a step in cooking. 
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 09:16:04 AM »
Okay I'll make sure to check out those discussions on anarchy vs. minarchy. And at the very least it'll be a year from now since I won't turn 18 until this upcoming April and I have to finish my last year in my gov't Youth Indoctrination camp...a.k.a. Public High School. So at least a year...but I'll try and visit when I can...probably sometime in the winter to make sure I can handle the cold, which I will probably be able too.

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 09:16:57 AM »
I live in Crook.
Live in the "Bear Lodge Mountains".

Never seen a black bear, but 2 years ago found droppings from one over a two day period. Never again.

And yes, we have rattlers. I came upon one just 2 weeks ago while attempting to put out a small lightening caused forest fire.

And how would you "prepare" for such critters?

In four years time I've seen two mountain lions, one bobcat, a few skunks, thousands of deer, hundreds of turkeys, squirrels, chipmunks, and thousands of bikers that descend upon this area for a few days during the annual Sturgis biker rally. All are "wild life"!

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »
thousands of bikers that descend upon this area for a few days during the annual Sturgis biker rally. All are "wild life"!

Hey! They are not really "wild!" Just sort of uninhibited. I like them! :)

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »
They are not really "wild!" Just sort of uninhibited. I like them!

Yeah, there's certain aspects of that "uninhibited" that I particularly appreciate. 

Wasn't it "Neither Predator Nor Prey" that started out with some of those Sturgis bikers not taking to kindly to a highway check point?  Or am I mixing it up with another novel of the same genre?
Carpe Libertas!
An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses: http://www.humanadvancement.net/blog/index.php?itemid=247/

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »

Welcome, AgoristTeen,

How did you come to realize you were an Agorist?  Do any particular books, websites
or experiences stand out?

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »

Welcome, AgoristTeen,

How did you come to realize you were an Agorist?  Do any particular books, websites
or experiences stand out?

Terence

I came to realize I was an anarchist during Christmas Break of my Junior year at my local high school, when I did a lot of thinking....so about just after last Christmas. I didn't find a name for the specific type of anarchist I was reading about anarchism on Wikipedia and came across the term for the first time. I read the Wikipedia article on agorism and then I read  the book "Agorist Primer" by Samuel Edward Konkin III. Speaking of that, do you know of any good books aside from those by SEK3 about Agorism? I've most of Rothbard's work as well as Lysander Spooner, Benjamin Tucker, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon and Samuel Edward Konkin III...so aside from those authors any suggestions?

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
There aren't really any books on agorism, its a niche within a niche within a faction within a minority.  "Alongside Night" by J Neil Schulman is a decent novel about agorism amid an economic collapse.  Schulman was sort of a co-founder of agorism with SEKIII.

David D Friedman (Milton's son) has written several non-fiction books on anarcho capitalism, but they are somewhat centered on an older "competing governments" model that is not really compatible with agorism/voluntaryism. They still have good analysis and insight.
Carpe Libertas!

Offline AgoristTeen1994

• Rather Interested
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:34 PM »
Okay thanks for that bit of info...looks like I'll have to write something myself, for other new agorists of the future. :)

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
Okay thanks for that bit of info...looks like I'll have to write something myself, for other new agorists of the future. :)

Wonderful! It's so terrific to see young people thinking and creating like this. Gives me goose bumps. :)

Offline kylben

• Needs To Get Out More
    • Human Advancement
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
Seconded.
Carpe Libertas!