Author Topic: Finally Back in Wyoming  (Read 8143 times)

Offline HCM2B

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Finally Back in Wyoming
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:47:26 AM »
Hey Folks,

I wanted to write a quick intro so everyone knows some basics about me.  First, I was born and raised in Wyoming.  I've lived in MT, OR, NV, and now, finally, WY for good.  I have worked in law enforcement for the gestapo, both local and federal.  I found it did not agree with my sense of freedom or equality.  I am now a professional firearms instructor.  I live in Wheatland, and travel around the country and the world training people in tactical handgun, tactical rifle, tactical shotgun, and submachine gun techniques.

As I get more familiar with you all, I will share more about my background and current activities.  Until then, I will describe my "why" with regard to Wyoming.

Of all the states I've visited and lived in, Wyoming is the most consistently free.  It has its quirks, to be sure, but compared to the majority of other states, it allows the greatest degree of personal freedom.  It is also home.  Coupled with my yearning for home and "relative" freedom, I firmly believe that we, as a nation, are in for hard times.  For this reason, my wife and I have paid off all but a smattering of debts, saved some money, and are in the process of buying some land to live on.  We will be doing the gulch method...building a house debt free, growing our own food as much as possible, and preparing for the fights, both violent and legislative, that are sure to come. 

The FSW project has always captured my attention.  It, along with the other FS projects, represent some of the most sincere freedom loving people I have ever met.  The goals of the FSW are in line with my own, the problems facing you all are shared by me, and the organization allows the free sharing of knowledge, ideas, and dreams.  In a nutshell, it is what freedom in this country should be.

So I will end here, and get to know you all over the coming months.  I will try to be a productive member.  Please feel free to contact me regarding any topic at any time.

Thanks,
T
Solus Optimus Satis Est.

Σιωπή! Σκοτώνω του!

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
Re: Finally Back in Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »
Of all the states I've visited and lived in, Wyoming is the most consistently free.  It has its quirks, to be sure, but compared to the majority of other states, it allows the greatest degree of personal freedom.  It is also home.
Welcome home!  I know I am a couple hundred miles away, but I hope it is close enough.

Coupled with my yearning for home and "relative" freedom, I firmly believe that we, as a nation, are in for hard times.  For this reason, my wife and I have paid off all but a smattering of debts, saved some money, and are in the process of buying some land to live on.
Yes, indeed.  And agreed.  I wish your family all the best.

I have been working on my own garage/office project for a few years, and would be glad to share (my experience) with anyone who asks.

Edit: Fixed incomplete sentence.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:15:27 AM by rhodges »
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline Mjolnir

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • The Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 03:39:02 AM »
Welcome home!  I know I am a couple hundred miles away, but I hope it is close enough.
...This is Wyoming.  It seems that most everything is a couple hundred miles away  :D
”Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”<br />~George Washington

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 05:30:32 AM »
Welcome, HCM2B! Hope you and your wife will be active here. We most definitely want and need good neighbors.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

Welcome back and home, HCM.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »
Welcome!  Be sure to let us know if you come to the Newcastle area.

Kelly
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline HCM2B

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »
We have actually not settled on living in the Wheatland area.  Other areas we are looking at property near are Newcastle and Lusk.  If anyone has any suggestions regarding land, please let me know.
Solus Optimus Satis Est.

Σιωπή! Σκοτώνω του!

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 01:31:28 PM »
Lusk  :o

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
If anyone has any suggestions regarding land, please let me know.

I look at real estate sites all the time.  Let me know what you are looking for/price range and I'll send along anything that matches.

As you probably know, anything with trees runs about $4K per acre around here.

Best of luck, all around!
Kelly
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline JeffM

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 07:24:04 AM »
Welcome, quite a few of us are always interested in firearms.
Looking forward to reading more of your introductions.

Offline HCM2B

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
Let me know what you are looking for/price range and I'll send along anything that matches.

We are searching for 20+ acres, preferably with some live water source, variety of topography, some trees, lots of grass, secluded but with reasonable access to a town, all for less than $80k.  You know, that "perfect" piece of cheap property that doesn't exist.  :D  We don't really even care where it is.  We have the luxury of being able to live anywhere as long as I have reasonable access to year-round air travel.  Wheatland fits the bill now, letting me access Casper and Denver.  Newcastle would give me Rapid City, Sheridan would give me Billings.  The middle of the state is harder to justify for that reason - Casper is a second tier choice for air travel.

What we are finding here in Wheatland is about 40 acres of flat or hilly grassland, decent water, some live water, for $40,000 - $60,000.  It's doable, but winter access is problematic, and the wind is atrocious.  Ditto with Casper. 
Solus Optimus Satis Est.

Σιωπή! Σκοτώνω του!

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 08:31:09 AM »
"Live water" will be difficult to find. Not impossible, but very difficult.
I don't know of any FSW member that has live water on their property (besides me).
If there is, speak up!

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline clemmac

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »
"Live water" will be difficult to find. Not impossible, but very difficult.
I don't know of any FSW member that has live water on their property (besides me).
If there is, speak up!

Mac

Does a spring that delivers 1/3 of a gallon a minute, summer and winter, into a large stock tank count as "live water" ?   Every gallon produced by the spring that the cattle don't consume flows away down "stream" (running water)  ;D

Do we qualify ?

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »
Do we qualify ?

I would think so, but Mac's "live water" was one heck of a lot more powerful this spring.  >:D
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline clemmac

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 11:19:14 AM »
Do we qualify ?

I would think so, but Mac's "live water" was one heck of a lot more powerful this spring.  >:D

Yup, but so was ours, the "live water" was as high in our drainage as we've seen in 20 years and that powerful live water washed out both of our crossings.  The repairs to the crossings took lots of tractor work and plenty time too.