Author Topic: Alt-market.com "Safe Haven States Project"  (Read 12488 times)

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Emmigrated To And Now Living In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
Re: Alt-market.com "Safe Haven States Project"
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »
There are a lot of different ways to promote something. Not all are equal. I have no idea if this one is good or not.

You are correct.  However, I DO know the ones that are more effective. ;)
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline Don Wills

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
What project might that be?

The Free State Project in Wyoming. 

There is no Free State Project in Wyoming.  The Free State Wyoming group was formed by Ken Royce in response to the choice of NH by the FSP.  It does not have any connection to the FSP.  It is simply a bunch of folks who have individual objectives and strategies for self-preservation that are quite different than the objectives and strategies of the FSP.

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
What project might that be?

The Free State Project in Wyoming. 

There is no Free State Project in Wyoming.  The Free State Wyoming group was formed by Ken Royce in response to the choice of NH by the FSP.  It does not have any connection to the FSP.  It is simply a bunch of folks who have individual objectives and strategies for self-preservation that are quite different than the objectives and strategies of the FSP.

Let's fix that.
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Let's fix that.

The usual response to that is: if you want to do something different, then do it. Those who believe as you do will probably follow you. Many of us don't consider that the FSW needs any "fixing." We don't think it's broken. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
Let's fix that.

The usual response to that is: if you want to do something different, then do it. Those who believe as you do will probably follow you. Many of us don't consider that the FSW needs any "fixing." We don't think it's broken. :)

So you are saying that increasing the number of FSW folks moving to Wyoming does not sit well with you? 

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 06:42:18 AM »

So you are saying that increasing the number of FSW folks moving to Wyoming does not sit well with you? 

Not the same thing at all. FSW is not a political entity, and making it so will not "fix" it. How others promote FSW to encourage people to join us in Wyoming is pretty wide open, and none of my business what others do anyway. But to misrepresent FSW as some political outfit and as an answer to the political problems here or anywhere is not correct or honest. That I have real problems with. Not saying you are advocating that, but some do.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline KTKEWW

• FSW Associate
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »
That video was great; it made me feel much better about FSW. I like how they were saying something like “every time a group of people move in together and try to change it all it fails”. That is so true, and as I understand from all my scrounging around on this site, any of the members who had made the move already, want to do no such changing; they just want to join the community that is already in place. Where ever you all have landed fits your individual plans, you just happen to also have this connection to likeminded people on the internet also. From all of my reading I have not felt persuaded one way or another by force. People just put things out there for me to take in or reject as I feel fit.

As for the original topic; I always get irked when we do not use FRN’s as a medium or exchange and the gv feel’s that they should get their piece of the pie too.  I like to think of it this way…

If I was physically able, I could have pulled out my shovel and moved a pile of dirt from one side of my yard to the other. I’m not, so I had my buddy come down and do it for me. He likes to drink so I give him a case of beer for the labor. Being a good buddy, he splits the case with me that night. Here’s the rub, my liberal, hand out taking neighbor called the tax collector. The next morning the assessor shows up and explains that the payment I gave should be reported and the payment my buddy received should also be reported, and taxes would be due. We ask how much would be due, he said it could be anywhere between 10-29%. I looked at my pal and saw that he was as disgusted with the situation as I was. My buddy surprises me by telling the assessor he would like to pay his percentage right now, and proceeds to vomit about a third of what he drank the night before all over the man’s face!

Ok, I just made that up, but it makes me feel better… ;D
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -- Tom Paine, 1776

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

"Knowledge is the pathway from slavery to freedom" -- Frederick Douglass

Offline Crappiewy

• FSW Associate
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
That is pretty much the way we feel. We are just a group of like minded people. Not a political entity. However it dosent mean that we wont whole-heartly support a like minded politician.

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »

Not the same thing at all. FSW is not a political entity, and making it so will not "fix" it. How others promote FSW to encourage people to join us in Wyoming is pretty wide open, and none of my business what others do anyway. But to misrepresent FSW as some political outfit and as an answer to the political problems here or anywhere is not correct or honest. That I have real problems with. Not saying you are advocating that, but some do.

I never said to make it political.  I suggested making it an effective organization to recruit liberty minded immigrants to Wyoming, which benefits us all. Currently, there seems no real effort to market FSW as such.  It would be more effective if it were.  If Boston isn't interested, that is fine.  However, it seems like a waste. 

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
That video was great; it made me feel much better about FSW. I like how they were saying something like “every time a group of people move in together and try to change it all it fails”. That is so true, and as I understand from all my scrounging around on this site, any of the members who had made the move already, want to do no such changing; they just want to join the community that is already in place. Where ever you all have landed fits your individual plans, you just happen to also have this connection to likeminded people on the internet also. From all of my reading I have not felt persuaded one way or another by force. People just put things out there for me to take in or reject as I feel fit.

Bingo. . . .good people are the soil for the right seeds to sprout.

As Boston has pointed out: The liberal invasion of Colorado was slow, unstoppable and with no
banner or formal organization to even make reference to.

Terence

Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline kingskid

• Mover and Shaker
  • Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us."
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:09 AM »
Very interesting video.  I was wondering why the ultra-rich were pushing for higher taxation...the vid sure gives a lot to think about!

KK
Two lessons I've learned in life:
1.  Never check the oil when your generator is running.
2.  Never, ever work on your garage door spring!