Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Greg,on the way

• Reader
Hi all!
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:08 PM »
Hi everyone.
Been lurking for awhile...about 4 years..trying desparately to figure out a way to get to Wyoming...finally got it down!
I recieved a job offer in Gillette and we're so looking forward to getting up there. I've spent some time there with my current company and just really like the area..low rolling hills, mountain...seasons...no crack, meth or an abundance of welfare leeches who won't get a job in the best place in the country to GET a job.
We currently live in Midland, TX and I'm pretty active on preparedness and firearms forums.

I'm interested in reading some more about the area...my better half likes the area around Newcastle, and Buffalo for the trees...I like Moorcroft for the open space. Though..since so many likeminded folks are in the Newcastle area....I just might have to re-think my position.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself and get to reading.

Thanks

Greg

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
Thanks for posting Greg. We're not that far apart. I live near Devil's Tower. Perhaps we'll see each other some time soon.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Mjolnir

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • The Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 06:16:10 AM »
Well I wouldn't say there was NO meth/crack, it is Gillette you're speaking of  :P

But that being said, it is sure a lot better than a lot of other places.  I like the Newcastle area a bit better too.  It is just a stone's throw (depending where you're at in Newcastle and how strong your arm is) from the Black Hills and all it has to offer.

If you ever drop by, do may a big deal of it.  One of us will probably try to host a potluck or something  ;D
”Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”<br />~George Washington

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
When you come to Newcastle, stop in and see Mama. Always glad to visit with new folks... and the old ones, of course. :) And we're happy for any excuse to get together as well.

Gillette has it's problems, but if you can find a place well out of town, you'll probably be ok. If that's were your job is, it's sort of a long commute from Newcastle... especially in February.  >:D
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Greg,on the way

• Reader
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »
Thanks for posting Greg. We're not that far apart. I live near Devil's Tower. Perhaps we'll see each other some time soon.

Mac
b
Most assuredly.
At some of the online realty sites I saw some nice property that I'll have to check out before we buy...maybe lunch?

Offline Greg,on the way

• Reader
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
Well I wouldn't say there was NO meth/crack, it is Gillette you're speaking of  :P

But that being said, it is sure a lot better than a lot of other places.  I like the Newcastle area a bit better too.  It is just a stone's throw (depending where you're at in Newcastle and how strong your arm is) from the Black Hills and all it has to offer.

If you ever drop by, do may a big deal of it.  One of us will probably try to host a potluck or something  ;D

That would be pretty great...I'll get sick of cooking for 1 in a motel kitchenette. :(

Offline Greg,on the way

• Reader
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
When you come to Newcastle, stop in and see Mama. Always glad to visit with new folks... and the old ones, of course. :) And we're happy for any excuse to get together as well.

Gillette has it's problems, but if you can find a place well out of town, you'll probably be ok. If that's were your job is, it's sort of a long commute from Newcastle... especially in February.  >:D

I understand you're the First Lady of the FSW project...so be assured that WE will be talking.

Why Feb?? Lots of wind and snow then?

Offline pedro wyomiing

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

Lots of wind and snow? 

check the link and you decide.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWYNEWCA3&day=21&year=2011&month=11&graphspan=year

pW

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 10:18:48 AM »
I understand you're the First Lady of the FSW project...so be assured that WE will be talking.

Awww.... gosh... I'm just the old lady. :)

Anyway, yes... Feb. is our big bad boy month, the coldest and usually the snowiest.  We like folks to come in better weather so they don't get frightened off and think it snows here all the time. LOL

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »
However, Californians are encouraged to visit in February.  ;)
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline MamaLiberty

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
However, Californians are encouraged to visit in February.  ;)

Only the statist sort... and they can come from anywhere. :)