Author Topic: Potential new FSW member with a twist  (Read 14369 times)

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
Re: Potential new FSW member with a twist
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:53 PM »
B-Line, while you may be a little cynical, this is in all probability a pipe dream. Still a good idea though. Also, I believe the KoolAid guy was in fact a member of the Jim Jones cult.

Yeah, that's definitely where the 'drinking the koolaid' thing came from.

There's a new 'reality' show called Navajo Cops out.  You definitely have to hold your nose
and screen heavily for BS on these shows, but, there might be some insight to Indian Reservations
on this one, we'll see.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Old Ironsights

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Malum Prohibitum, Malum Habenae Regum est
    • מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
B-Line, while you may be a little cynical, this is in all probability a pipe dream. Still a good idea though. Also, I believe the KoolAid guy was in fact a member of the Jim Jones cult.

Pet Peeve time...

Jim Jones (Guyana Cult Death) fed his "followers" a GENERIC PRODUCT CALLED "FLAVOR ADE"... NOT the Brand Name Product "KoolAid".

This is a damaging misuse of an unaffiliated Property. (trade name).

No, I am not affiliated with whomever owns the Trade Name/Trademark "KoolAid", any more than I am affiliated with the Property/Tradename/Trademark "Xerox" - which is often/horribly misused as a generic term for "photocopying".

We are (mostly) libertarians here, and should be cognizant of the Property Rights inherent in a Tradename/Trademark.  PLEASE don't misuse them.
Anarchy ungodly? See 1 Sam. 8

The desire to control the life of others is more evil than the desire to simply kill them.
The desire to control the life of others by proxy, through “voting”, is just as evil… but more cowardly.

מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין

Offline Terence

• McGillespie.com
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »

Pet Peeve time...

Jim Jones (Guyana Cult Death) fed his "followers" a GENERIC PRODUCT CALLED "FLAVOR ADE"... NOT the Brand Name Product "KoolAid".

This is a damaging misuse of an unaffiliated Property. (trade name).

No, I am not affiliated with whomever owns the Trade Name/Trademark "KoolAid", any more than I am affiliated with the Property/Tradename/Trademark "Xerox" - which is often/horribly misused as a generic term for "photocopying".

We are (mostly) libertarians here, and should be cognizant of the Property Rights inherent in a Tradename/Trademark.  PLEASE don't misuse them.

Wow,  "Flavor Ade" really dodged the media perception bullet on that one!

Now that you mention it, OI, I wonder if the 'koolaid' brand suffered or benefitted from the error?

Not that it changes the principle of your argument.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »

And we have a winner!  ;D
Give them your teeth, not your belly.