Author Topic: HB 85  (Read 3924 times)

Offline kennybob63

HB 85
« on: February 27, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »
OK, I have been reading about Wyoming HB 85 and wondering if enough Free Stater's are in place to start influencing policy. If this reflects general Wyoming populous I should really be out there. If it is part of the movement I am sorry I haven't been part. This has made me take a real hard look at WY. North Carolina can't imagine being without the Federal Government.

If so, I am sorry I have missed the boat but do plan on swimming that way.

Would love to meet with some of the pioneers of this project to see what kind of contribution I can make.

Anyone near Rock Springs or Rawlins? I will be in Steamboat Springs in the next couple weeks and will make the trip to come up and talk.
Don't know how I would get rid of the house back east but I am very employable in medical facilities.

Offline Don Wills

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: HB 85
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
Hello kb,

FSW forum dwellers have been discussing HB85 in a couple of other threads, for example this one: http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=12442.0.

FYI, the Free State Wyoming folks (that is folks who inhabit this forum, several of whom get together a couple of times per year) generally have disdain for politics.  Most are anarchists who want nothing to do with government.  The FSW is not a western version of the Free State Project.

There are others in Wyoming working to secure liberty for citizens, including organized groups and small groups of folks.  The Ron Paul movement is active.  The Wyoming Liberty Group is well-funded and active.  Wyoming Gun Owners is the only gun rights group in Wyoming actively working to increase gun rights.  Wyoming Watchdogs, WyWatch, several Tea Party groups and others are trying to advance liberty here.  This is one of the few places in the country where the forces of progressivism are in retreat.

The bottom line is that Wyoming is a great place to live if you don't mind a severe sparsity of human beings and you don't mind below zero temperatures with the wind blowing at 50mph for days on end.  If you're in the medical field, I suggest you take a look at Cheyenne - it's a regional medical center with lots of facilities that might be able to provide you with a job.

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
The bottom line is that Wyoming is a great place to live if you don't mind a severe sparsity of human beings...
I think that is relative.  For instance, I live just a couple miles from a very large town of more than four hundred people.

On the other hand, there are vast areas of wasteland where nobody lives.  Just drive highway 80 and look at the scenery.

... and you don't mind below zero temperatures with the wind blowing at 50mph for days on end.
A lot of Wyoming is windy.  I noticed a lot of wind between Douglas and Lusk, especially.  And there is very little in my area (Crook County).  There are a few days a year with really impressive winds, but otherwise the winds are gentle or still.  Just like any other place in the world.

As for "below zero temperatures", well so what?!  Yes!  In Winter we have many days where the air temperature is below freezing.  So what?!  Again, for emphasis, SO WHAT!?  If someone cares about low temps, maybe this person should move to Central America.  Or Africa.  Or Indonesia.  Or anywhere else you value material comfort.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline FDNYLiberty

• Needs To Get Out More
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:49:55 PM »
  This is one of the few places in the country where the forces of progressivism are in retreat.

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
I think that is relative.  For instance, I live just a couple miles from a very large town of more than four hundred people.

Or come visit a much larger town! There are supposedly about 3500 people in the one nearest me, though I never see more than a dozen of them at a time except maybe at the fairgrounds. :) Instead of hanging around the bars or malls (we don't have any of the latter), they mostly WORK. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Wyomingite4Freedom

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
There are a few of us in SW Wyoming - the 8 months we've been here have proven to be a rather mild winter.  Will try our luck at gardening here in the high desert this year.  We have plenty of health care field related jobs here, a community college, etc.  There is quite a pocket of Ron Paul supporters down here, as well.  There are the fair share of statists as well...but that's the same just about anywhere... :P  It's all what you make of it. :)
In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned.  When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. ~ Mark Twain

Offline Beulahtrash

• Wolverine
  • Needs To Get Out More
  • I enchant the easily entertained
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
NE Wyoming has a strong Ron Paul movement. Plus we would LOVE to have someone in the medical field up here. PM me if you are heading this way.
"May your enemies be on full-auto" -Col. Jeff Cooper
"& may their side arms be modern 1911's." -Beulahtrash

III

Offline kennybob63

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
"Free State Wyoming folks (that is folks who inhabit this forum, several of whom get together a couple of times per year) generally have disdain for politics."

Really??? I looked up this site after reading Molon Labe'. Though this might not be the group I would affiliate with as much, sounds like the general politics of Wyoming are right up my alley. If they get this legislation passed, it might be the last actual state left in tact if there is a real financial collapse.

I work in Physical Therapy and have worked with a "micro clinic" which was just a PT and myself. We would charge clients then allow them to submit to their insurance for reimbursement. We charged at rates similar to Massage therapists so many clients were glad to pick up the cost if their insurance didn't.

I need to spend some time out there and see if I can find a PT who would work like that.

For now I'll keep on the blogs and see what is happening

Offline Don Wills

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
kb - Yep, the FSW has nothing in common with Molon Labe.  As I tell all tire kickers who post here, this is not Molon Labe land.  And as reported in the other thread, HB-85 was killed today in the Wyoming House.