Author Topic: Looking for employment  (Read 3147 times)

Offline FinnenMacRaugh

Looking for employment
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
Hello all I created this because I did not see one already done.  I am a married father of 5 children that needs a job to go to before we can move.  I have tried for 3 years unfortunately almost everyone in Wyoming seems to believe that if I don't already live there, that that I'm a risk because the remoteness and weather will make me leave quickly  >:(.  I have done everything from janitor and maintenance thru project/program and executive level management.  I'm not really picky but do need to make enough to live on, and as for area I would like to eventually get a small homestead going so being within driving distance to usable land would be a big plus.  Any ideas or help with this would me very much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Looking for employment
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
Welcome! We'd love to have you visit. You will need to scout out the land and job opportunities with boots on the ground here. We're long on advice, but only you can do that part. :) There are still jobs available in the oil fields and coal mines, local truck driving and related things.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Terence

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
  • FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
    • McGillespie.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »

Take the risk of the cost of one strategic trip, Finnen.  'Living here' is the
same thing as showing up, on any particular day.

Terence
Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Offline Brandy

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Submissive in totality to one only.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:17:48 AM »

Since you can't access the thread I copied what I posted.

Are you sure!?  Cameco(aka Power Resources the insitu uranium mine) about 50 miles east of Casper does a pretty bang up job for salary and benefits.

1) Three weeks paid vacation the first year you work.
2)  $1,000 in stocks each year
3)  $225.00 remote location pay each month
4)  Lowest paid employee makes $16.00/hr
5) Sick time w/short term and them long term disability
6)  BlueCross BlueShield of Wyoming Insurance with rates of $100/month for single non-smoker.
7)  401K/Retirement
  Other perks--many company functions, bonuses, Christmas parties
9)  11 paid holidays
10)  4 tens and 3 day weekends

What you won't get.

1)  The pleasure of riding a bus for up to 4 hours a day to get to work.
2)  Cancer from exposure to uranium--it is in situ(check it out not the same as open pit or underground)
3)  To work for an unstable company.  This company is the largest uranium producer in the world.
4)  The ability to work all the time for a crappy company.

Just my 2 cents on the situation.  Of course I am biased as my husband works there.  It gives him time to be home with the family, ample hunting time, time to go to an Appleseed shoot or and EIC oh the list goes on.

But if this isn't what you want in a job I understand and wish you the best in what you do want.

Brandy

Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes!