Author Topic: Got a broker, MLS listing, and attorney - now need buyer  (Read 4113 times)

Offline kingskid

• Mover and Shaker
  • Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us."
Got a broker, MLS listing, and attorney - now need buyer
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:54:28 AM »
I have not signed a SOI because being a literalist, I am willing, but not able to move until my place is sold.  I've done my part, God will have to do the rest.

Kingskid
Two lessons I've learned in life:
1.  Never check the oil when your generator is running.
2.  Never, ever work on your garage door spring!

Offline Foundit

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Emmigrated To And Now Living In Wyoming
    • Flooring Help
Re: Got a broker, MLS listing, and attorney - now need buyer
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:14 AM »
I have not signed a SOI because being a literalist, I am willing, but not able to move until my place is sold.  I've done my part, God will have to do the rest.

Kingskid

Or your broker maybe?
"If I cared for my life, I would have lost it long ago, trying to lose it, I find I cannot throw it away." -Bloody Bill Anderson

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:00:14 AM »
If people go by your place and see your "For Sale" sign, I suggest giving them all the information.

When I was selling my house, I printed two pages of information, the first with house and land details and the asking price and the second with disclosures of ALL known defects. Both pages went into a ziploc baggie and I usually kept about a dozen baggies hanging from the sign. People would sometimes stop, see the baggies, get out of the car, and leave with my two pages of info. I think this was VERY helpful. (And I knew the buyer could never come back and claim I hid any defects.)

I think it is helpful to be respectful to prospective buyers. It seems so many agents have the attitude that they want (demand) the buyers to call them before giving up any information, like the asking price. So many times I see a "for sale" sign with just a phone number; no price, and I think, "You asshole! Are you ashamed of your asking price?"

It may also be helpful to put your information and pictures on a web site and throw in some commentary. The idea is that the keywords would get indexed so that someone who might be interested in moving there could stumble on your information. If nothing else, it could be an alternate (and better) web site than what your agent has.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
So many times I see a "for sale" sign with just a phone number; no price, and I think, "You asshole! Are you ashamed of your asking price?"

They're just being coy.  :)

But yeah, I can't take such people seriously. I prefer dealing with people who want to deal.
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline kingskid

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:17 AM »
Thanks, Rhodes.  Great advice.  It's priced to sell and that is front and center.  The ad is below.  You can see where I currently hang out.  I planted every tree, bush and flower with just a shovel and a lot of hard work.  In the pic with the moon, those windbreak trees were the only ones put in professionally.

http://www.brokerdirectco.com/CO-El%20Paso/view_listings.php?listingid=114997

Should put pics in of the chickens!

Kingskid

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:50:35 AM »
Wow! When I first went to that listing I saw the mansion in the upper left corner of the screen! I thought maybe you had won the lottery or something.

Exposure, exposure, exposure. The more avenues for reaching people the better. Craigslist?
But remember too that lots of people are not Internet savvy so sometimes a tear off tag on the laundromat cork board can even work.

Good luck.

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline kingskid

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
Thanks, Mac.  Good advice.  My MLS listing site offers the opportunity to print out brochures so will be putting some professional printouts up in various places.  Not getting my knickers in a twist, however; if it sells okay, if not, it's still okay. ;D  Whatever happens in my life, as long as I am in the center of God's will, that's where my peace is.

Kingskid