Author Topic: I'm mentally committed.  (Read 9547 times)

Offline BAR BAR 2

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Horse Trader
Re: I'm mentally committed.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »
Speaking from experience, rodeo, beer and girls are not good courses of study. Avoid the first two and you will do better at the third.

If you want a job with an already eatablished company in Wyoming, anything energy related will be of benefit as far as college degrees go. That is not to say though that you should follow the same heavily traveled path. Do what you want and blaze your own trail.

One thing to think on....
An energy related degree would help immensely in landing a well-paying job in Wyoming. This good paying job could be the catalyst that propels you on to the next and better stage of your life. Keep in mind that most people dont land their dream job right out of school. They get a job that provides stability and then work on their dreams.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

Tex
My Wyoming has an east infection.

=2

Offline pedro wyomiing

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:13:30 AM »
...An energy related degree would help immensely in landing a well-paying job in Wyoming. This good paying job could be the catalyst that propels you on to the next and better stage of your life. Keep in mind that most people dont land their dream job right out of school. They get a job that provides stability and then work on their dreams.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

Tex
Tex hit the nail right on the head.  it is a summary of how i spent the last ten years getting where i an now.

pW

Offline Truman

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »
 ~W~ Just got back from an Appleseed yesterday; and boy, do I have a LOT to practice! The only time I ever shot a rifle was just emptying a mag for fun. Now I realize it's quite an art. Thanks Boston, that "thick green book" was an enormous influence. I liked "Molon Labe," too. What's the publication date on Modules for Manhood?
Give me liberty or prepare for death!

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »
Congrats on your first Appleseed.

MFM is scheduled for a Thanksgiving (or so) release, in time for Christmas.
I'm back now to working hard on it.  Just one final push . . .

Boston

Offline Docfather

• Reader
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
I am in the Virginia Guard and you might find that there are more people in the Guard then you would think that are fairly libertarian. At least that has been my experience in my State Guard. Yes you might be sent overseas but most of those deployments are really winding down, but you don't do that for any government. When it is all said and done you do it for the guy to the right and left of you. You will form bonds tighter then family with the guys you meet in the military. I know I have. You can also pick up a lot of useful skills in the military, for me I am a Combat Medic and that is standing me in pretty good stead in my quest for Paramedic on the outside. I would recommend MOS's that will teach you something you can use on the outside, even if you end up as infantry, take to heart that training as I forsee a time when it is going to be necessary. Just my 2 cents though.

Thanks, Paul. And KTKEWW, what you talked about is really scary. Being a de facto militiaman for your country is one thing, but being federalized and sent to unjust foreign wars is a real possibility in the Guard, especially with an EIGHT year commitment. I guess I thought that the most recent wars were winding down with troops leaving, but Mitt's a tricky one, I can tell. Just seeing some of those trigger happy Republicans like Gingrich debating a few months ago really has me worried that we'll be pulled into a war with Iran. By the way, how have libertarian politics been shaping up at the local level up there?