Author Topic: Hello from Kansas  (Read 4450 times)

Offline WheatState_Dad

Hello from Kansas
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
Greetings all those who love liberty and truth,

After reading and learning about the FSP and FSW proper in the past year, I decided to register and voice my support for all those who have 'voted with their feet' and made the move to a Redoubt area and Wyomingites here in particular.  Wyomingites I salute you.

I am a Christian, the son of an Air Force pilot, gun nut, political junkie and armchair philosopher. That's just scratching the at the dermis, but we know how folks have layers. I had the privilege of marrying a wonderful woman 17 years ago who I met while in graduate school and I'm a proud husband and father two wonderful, home-schooled children here in Northwest Kansas, in the south suburbs of Kansas City.

After the election in 2008, we were deeply distressed at the outcome and watched with great anxiety with what politicians in Washington D.C. and the current Administration and Occupier of the Oval Office were doing throughout 2009 and into 2010. We prayerfully sought guidance from trusted friends and family and most importantly from God, Our Father. It's very difficult to listen in this day and age, but we honestly decided to make a move back toward my beloved's family here in Kansas as many of them are freedom loving people. My wife's aunt and uncle have land 60 miles south of the city with a modest retreat property.  With both my parents gone home to the Father, her family IS our family now so we made the decision to uproot ourselves from the heart of St. Louis, Missouri and "come home" to Kansas in March of 2010.

It wasn't until last year that I began searching about how far we seemed to have departed from the intents of the Founding Fathers ever since the famous Tea Party in Boston Harbor, and of course all that followed.  My eyes began to open even further this year as I stumbled across a little book with a funny Greek title in my Amazon search to find a few new post-apocalyptic novels and books on survival  since my son had joined Boy Scouts.

Molon Labe...hmmm...funny who would choose to title a book after a little known phrase from ancient Greek legend/history. This conjured up images of some fun and fascinating things from my favorite college content from 25 years prior had studied and read about ancient history while studying economics and mathematics preparing for a real job.  Looks interesting....CLICK.

That was a little less than a year ago I orderd Molon Labe. Molon Labe led me to read a couple of dozen other books most of which are probably sitting on your own shelves as I write this, such as Bracken's books on Foreign and Domestic Enemies, Joe Nobody's books on preparing for tyranny, a dozen more fiction in the genre and of course Hologram of Liberty and the Gun Bible.  I recently located a pdf of Unintended Consequences and have been pouring through it. 

Reading these works has changed me in a meaningful way, particularly Boston's writings.  It's been a refreshing renaissance for someone who has been largely a corporate drone living in various urban hives for over the past 17 years and the uncomfortable product of the academe for the 10 years prior to that. 

While I may not be with you all physically in Wyoming, I feel like I am there mentally and spritiually.  We have it so much better in Kansas than so many people, and while Rawles or Skousen may not 'rank' Kansas particularly high, I feel much better here than the big cities we lived in early in my career.  We are thinking of making a trip to visit Yellowstone in the summer of 2013, and look forward to see Wyoming up close and personal.   While we don't have plans to move given our family and my work situation here, we're always open to God's direction and we've learned to never say never, when it comes to community, family and service where we may be needed.

Until then, I wish everyone here best wishes and fond greetings and hope everyone knows that they have a friendly face in Kansas who is praying for the U.S.A. to return to the principles of liberty our great nation began with.

Cheers,

WS_Dad

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Hello from Kansas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Welcome! While "Yellowstone" may well be the least relevant area of Wyoming for your freedom, it's at least a reason to come visit...

I urge you to come see us here in the NE corner... and find out what the real Wyoming is all about...
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story, WS.  I can think of worse places to live than Kansas. I've always thought highly of the farmer mindset and ethic. Being surrounded by those kind of people is certainly preferable to city people who don't have much of any values (IMNSHO).

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline WheatState_Dad

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
Welcome! While "Yellowstone" may well be the least relevant area of Wyoming for your freedom, it's at least a reason to come visit...

I urge you to come see us here in the NE corner... and find out what the real Wyoming is all about...

Thanks for the well wishes.

We had thought about making it a week long "bus tour" of the whole state with maybe 2 days in Yellowstone proper and a couple of days in the east part of the state as be go over and see Mt. Rushmore.

If anyone could outline kind of a recommended places to see in 7-8 days, that would be great. I'm taking it as a kind of sight-seeing tour with an eye toward what life 'could' look like if ever an opportunity presented itself which made a move there possible down the road. If the worst case scenario were to happen, I think we would want to be near family.

My extended family is from the western high plains states and have been outdoors people and farmers, so I have an affinity for the country.   Wife and I have talked about having a small farm for years. Just life and job pulls and pokes at that.  After reading Molon Labe and seeing the path that the country has gone down the past 20 years, I'm beginning to think that it's not just a fantastical intellectual exercise in freedom.  I love this country but I'm nearly being forced to conclude that secession may be the only way to really preserve these fundamental liberties and protect them from statists and a growing, intrusive global agenda.

I'm not ruling out a move and Wyoming would be my preferred landing spot, followed by southern Idaho perhaps. At any rate, we would like to see it up close for many reasons.  I may even bring home a hat!

Regards,

WS

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
WS,  Might this help?

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=1929.0
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline WheatState_Dad

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »
WS,  Might this help?

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=1929.0

Miles,

A very hearty thank you very much. That's a wonderful resource thread. I'm pretty new to the site, so I should have done a better job with the search function.

Thanks a bunch,

WS