Author Topic: New friend to the Forum, old friend intellectually  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Lysander

• Reader
New friend to the Forum, old friend intellectually
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
Hello all!

I am happy to finally find some people who share some of my philosophies! My wife and I currently live in Oak Creek, Colorado, and are expecting our first child (a boy). I am a black blooded coal miner from colorado (20 mile, longwall shear operator). I was introduced to the concepts of liberty by ayn rand during high school despite the public education system's best attempts to fill my mind with sludge. My continuing curiosity (guided by a profound economics professor from France with strong ties to the Austrian School) led me to discover Mises, Rothbard, Bastiat, etc., which led me to Boston's novels and non-fiction, for which I am ever grateful! My wife and I are very excited to homeschool our boy in the libertarian tradition. We just started hunting, reloading and becoming dedicated firearms enthusiasts over the last year, and have found what I hope to become a lifelong passion. We are also entrepreneurs, having started, built, and sold one business, with another one on the fire! I am excited to get to know you folks and am looking forward to building a homestead in Wyoming in the very near future!

Happy New Year

Alexander Dunn

Offline BAR BAR 2

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Horse Trader
Re: New friend to the Forum, old friend intellectually
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
Welcome.
There alot of good people here with alot of different viewpoints and ideas. I'm sure you will find alot of useful information as well.

Tex
My Wyoming has an east infection.

=2

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »
Welcome.

I can't believe I got to welcome someone before MamaLiberty, she must be busy tonight!  ;D
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline manfromnevada

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:55 PM »
Indeed, welcome. It will be a most interesting year.
Lots of coal operations in Wyoming you know. Near Gillette. The largest mine in the country I believe.

Mac, from Crook County
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:35:20 PM »
Welcome aboard Alexander. You sound just like our sort of folks.  :)
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:39:32 AM »
Welcome.

I can't believe I got to welcome someone before MamaLiberty, she must be busy tonight!  ;D

Humpfff! I do sleep occasionally. :)  >:D

And welcome indeed, Lysander. You've taken the name of one of my favorites in history, I believe. Old Spooner is a great inspiration.
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.