Author Topic: So what's happening to YOUR health insurance in Wyoming?  (Read 13163 times)

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: So what's happening to YOUR health insurance in Wyoming?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
Check out the Surgery Center of Oklahoma: http://www.surgerycenterok.com/about/
It is no secret to anyone that the pricing of surgical services is at the top of the list of problems in our dysfunctional healthcare system. Bureaucracy at the insurance and hospital levels, cost shifting and the absence of free market principles are among the culprits for what has caused surgical care in the United States to be cost prohibitive. As more and more patients find themselves paying more and more out of pocket, it is clear that something must change. We believe that a very different approach is necessary, one involving transparent and direct pricing.

Transparent, direct, package pricing means the patient knows exactly what the cost of the service will be upfront.

And visit Dr. Smith's blog here: http://surgerycenterofoklahoma.tumblr.com/

He tells it like it is. And they don't take "Medicare."
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »
Bureaucracy at the insurance and hospital levels, cost shifting and the absence of free market principles are among the culprits for what has caused surgical care in the United States to be cost prohibitive. ... We believe that a very different approach is necessary, one involving transparent and direct pricing.

Transparent, direct, package pricing means the patient knows exactly what the cost of the service will be upfront.

No kidding. I have had various tests and procedures recommended, and when I ask, "How much is that going to cost." All I get is blank stares, and, "try calling this number" where I get the same blank "I dunno." I guess, just like the health care bill they passed,  you just can't find out what is in it until you get the bill.
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Old Ironsights

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Malum Prohibitum, Malum Habenae Regum est
    • מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »
If you have to pass it to find out what's in it...

You have just defined a Stool Sample.

Apt description of any fedgov prescription...
Anarchy ungodly? See 1 Sam. 8

The desire to control the life of others is more evil than the desire to simply kill them.
The desire to control the life of others by proxy, through “voting”, is just as evil… but more cowardly.

מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין