Author Topic: Looking to learn about the great state of WY  (Read 5599 times)

Offline patriotmuso

Looking to learn about the great state of WY
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »
Hi all,

New guy here. I've known Bar Bar 2 for a while from different forums so he kinda pointed my wife to the forum. We are very seriously considering moving to WY for numerous reasons. The biggest being freedom that WY offers and the beautiful wide open spaces (the sparse amount of people is a plus too lol). Jobs where we're at are drying up and frankly I'm about fed up living in NY. We love liberty and love our country, but dislike very much the state of our republic. I hope to learn all I can about WY before making a fairly scary decision as I( have a large family and I really don't want to put them in jeopardy by moving without knowledge. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you..  :)
Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT.

Offline BAR BAR 2

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • Horse Trader
Re: Looking to learn about the great state of WY
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
Welcome to the board, Patriot. This is a pretty good place to come and find out about Wyoming and what all it has to offer. There are people spread out all over the state, so you can ask your questions and someone should have some knowledge about what you want to know.

Tex
My Wyoming has an east infection.

=2

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:06:11 AM »
Welcome! We have a number of NY refugees in our bunch. :) 

I'm up in the NE corner of Wyoming (California refugee), and think my area is the best, but you'll have to make up your own mind. I suggest you, and hopefully your wife, come out for a visit. There are so many possibilities here, and several different climates. Over the years, we've found most people find what they need best by actually being here, at least for a little while.

Either way, if you come anywhere near Newcastle, I do hope you'll stop in and visit a while. :)
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline EHBIV

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:40:43 AM »
I am looking for a member who either lives in, or who is familiar with, Meeteetse.

I've spent time in Casper, Guernsey and Cody and they all have their pluses but next week (August 5-6) I'll be in Meeteetse and I'd love to link up with someone who has first hand knowledge of the area and get all the pros and cons of the area if possible.

Our timeframe for re-location is any time from January 2015 forward and as I said, we'll be in the area next week so any timely reply would be greatly appreciated!

:-\

Offline Kelly

• FSW Member, in Wyoming
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:22:49 PM »
Welcome Patriotmuso!  Check out the real estate board for links to places I thought were worthwhile.  I haven't updated it in a while but my guess is that many are still on the market; things don't move fast around here.

Let us know when you venture out here; glad to show you around my neck of the woods if Bar Bar 2 vouches for ya.  ;-)

Kelly
The guy banging on the door said,"Alcohol, tobacco, firearms." I thought he was bringing more supplies.

Offline patriotmuso

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
Thanks all!! I will definitely be looking at the RE board Kelly thanks!! Hmm, usually people get scared when =2 vouches for anyone lol.... ;)

Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT.