Author Topic: Liking everything  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
Liking everything
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »
Dude performs an experiment on facebook:

This is a problem much bigger than Facebook. It reminded me of what can go wrong in society, and why we now often talk at each other instead of to each other. We set up our political and social filter bubbles and they reinforce themselves—the things we read and watch have become hyper-niche and cater to our specific interests. We go down rabbit holes of special interests until we’re lost in the queen’s garden, cursing everyone above ground.... By liking everything, I turned Facebook into a place where there was nothing I liked.
http://www.wired.com/2014/08/i-liked-everything-i-saw-on-facebook-for-two-days-heres-what-it-did-to-me/
http://www.wired.com/2014/08/i-liked-everything-i-saw-on-facebook-for-two-days-heres-what-it-did-to-me/
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
Re: Liking everything
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
Many years ago I saw a cartoon that really stood out to me. It was of a blank-eyed family sitting in front of a TV and tubes from the TV were going into their veins. 
Change that TV into the  internet....
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:52:35 AM »
Just one more reason I avoid Facebook whenever possible.
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline colonial shooter

• FSW Rifleman
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • RWVA Senior Instructor, NRA Life, 4H instructor
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
Facebook? What is that?
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana