Free State Wyoming (FSW) Promotional > Marketing and Media Coverage of Free State Wyoming (FSW)

Wyoming get's slammed!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mark Davis:
I used to see tshirts and bumperstickers that said "Montana sucks, go home and tell your friends"

Flight-ER-Doc:

--- Quote from: Mark Davis on April 19, 2015, 06:34:15 PM ---I used to see tshirts and bumperstickers that said "Montana sucks, go home and tell your friends"

--- End quote ---

Damned right it does!

Boston:
I've read his book, and it's about as quirky as its author.
There's a lot we'd all agree with, but he has some odd asides (end-game suicidal thoughts, for one).

While Wyoming hasn't a plethora of hottie Colorado-type chicks, at least our ladies usually haven't Denver-type issues.  He wants to ballroom dance, hence his frustration in Casper . . .

I heard he's now in Minneapolis. 

Boston

Terence:

He's got some of the right idea embedded in his title. Having just read
the description on amazon I suspect it's one of those books that
delivers 90% of its value in the title and the rest of the book is
fluff many of the people on this site could write, themselves.

Is that too pessimistic or accurate?

Cyclonesteve:

--- Quote from: Terence on April 23, 2015, 08:55:33 AM ---
He's got some of the right idea embedded in his title. Having just read
the description on amazon I suspect it's one of those books that
delivers 90% of its value in the title and the rest of the book is
fluff many of the people on this site could write, themselves.

Is that too pessimistic or accurate?

--- End quote ---

I didn't think it was too bad. His biggest point it (IMHO) is to determine the truth, no matter how painful or distressing it is and change to meet this truth.

For example, he suggests that 50 years ago a degree was a big deal but today, unless you are getting a science & math degree or going into medicine, you are taking a huge risk to borrow $80,000 for a degree in 18th Century French Lesbian Poetry. That you shouldn't "follow your bliss" unless you are prepared to work at a Starbucks & live in your parents basement when your non-dischargeable in bankruptcy student loan comes due.

That feminism has "destroyed the quality of women" in America. If I remember correctly, he said he's dated over 500 women and he would only consider three of them "marriage" material.

He has a lot of wild ideas that I think are important to at least think about. (even if they might be wrong in the end)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version