Author Topic: Amateur Radio (HAM) Testing Session - Gillette, Wyoming December 6, 2014  (Read 4565 times)

Offline clemmac

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
What:   Testing session for amateur radio (HAM) license.
Where:  Campbell County Public Library, Gillette, Wyoming  Pioneer Room Two (2)
When:   December 6, 2014 at 1000 (AM) to 1300 (PM) MST
Who:     Contact Dwayne Allen  extra@WY7FD.com

Why:     All levels, written testing session, written testing for Technician, General and Amateur Extra HAM license levels.

This is NOT a "walk-in" testing session, please contact Dwayne extra@WY7FD.com
 at least a week before the session with questions and to make arrangements for your attendance. I may be wrong, but I believe the testing fee is $15.00 for 1, 2 or all three tests, $15.00 total fees. "I may be wrong", so ask Dwayne  :o

clemmac, spouse and youngest son will be there as examinees testing at three different levels.  I believe that there are several other folks signed up also.

~W~

Offline SunDog

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Re: Amateur Radio (HAM) Testing Session - Gillette, Wyoming December 6, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:29:33 PM »
That sounds right. You pay for testing, and start at the lowest level (that you haven't already passed). Then you can keep testing without paying again until you fail one. But be sure to make your intentions known when you register, to ensure enough copies of the exam at each level are available.

Good luck, Clem!

Offline clemmac

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Amateur Radio (HAM) Testing Session - Gillette, Wyoming December 6, 2014
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:19:34 PM »
That sounds right. You pay for testing, and start at the lowest level (that you haven't already passed). Then you can keep testing without paying again until you fail one. But be sure to make your intentions known when you register, to ensure enough copies of the exam at each level are available.

Good luck, Clem!

All good advice for potential examinees. 

Thanks for the "good luck" wishes, at present I feel I may need some luck  ;D  :o