Discussions Not Related To Free State Wyoming (FSW) > Radio and Communications

Firefox causing lockup in MacBookPro

(1/3) > >>

Vince:
For about a year I've been getting the whirling, multi-colored beachball on my MacBook.  This only happens when I am using Firefox.  If I use Safari, the browser which came with the machine I can get through my session with no problems.

I have updated Firefox constantly throughout the entire time.  All of my bookmarks and preferences are synced in Firefox with my older PC machines.  When I fire up one of my older PC laptops, Firefox functions flawlessly.  The lockup only happens in Mac.  The rainbow globe goes on forever and I have to shut the computer down by holding the power button down until it shuts.

I bought something called "Mac Keeper Pro" which supposedly cleans a Mac but it does not help with Firefox.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Paul Bonneau:
Nope.

Solution: get rid of the Mac.   ;)

Don Wills:
Solution:  get rid of Firefox.  Mozilla is a bunch of intolerant lefties not worthy of your support.  :)

Flight-ER-Doc:

--- Quote from: Don Wills on May 24, 2015, 09:40:52 PM ---Solution:  get rid of Firefox.  Mozilla is a bunch of intolerant lefties to worthy of your support.  :)

--- End quote ---

Got that right.  Is there a Chrome version for MAC's?

Don Wills:

--- Quote from: Flight-ER-Doc on May 25, 2015, 04:04:02 AM ---Got that right.  Is there a Chrome version for MAC's?
--- End quote ---

Yep.  Safari is my primary browser.  Chrome is my backup if Safari has issues, which isn't much of a problem any more.  Earlier versions of Safari did not work on some web sites, but version 8 pretty much always works.  And AdBlock works great with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version