Author Topic: Amateur Radio (HAM Radio) Training Class and Testing Session - Gillette, Wyoming  (Read 4675 times)

Offline clemmac

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
For those folks interested and close enough to Gillette, Wyoming to take advantage of these training classes. 

Notice the fee for the training sessions is FREE, no cost, but (you knew there would be a "but" ;)) there is a cost for an excellent ARRL textbook and a fee for the testing session that will be held at the last classroom session.  The testing session at the February 23rd, 2016 class is a test session for not only the FCC "Technician" class license, but also for those who wish to test for the FCC "General" class and "Amateur Extra" class license. 

For you crusty old coots who remember that there was a past Morse code requirement for a HAM license, that requirement is no longer in effect.  No Morse code requirement !  That fact of no Morse code requirement encouraged lazy me to test for and acquire the General class license last year.

With questions, call my youngest son Lorn (FCC Amateur Extra class) at (307) 696-7926 or Email him at KF7ZQM@GMAIL.COM

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
I wish is lived closer.  :'(
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline clemmac

I learned yesterday afternoon (via HAM radio :o) that youngest son will have a co-instructor at the training classes who is a twenty year plus US Navy veteran and who served in the Navy as a radioman.  This fellow is a very enthusiastic HAM and an experimentalist, with all sorts of radio gadgets that he'll probably be willing to bring to class for show-and-tell.  To describe the depth of this fellow's enthusiasm, he has a a home "radio shack" that he powers with solar cells and a bank of auto batteries, mostly home built and mostly from scrounged stuff.

Offline clemmac

FYI:
This series of HAM Radio classes will take place, son Lorn has had a good response and has a half dozen folks (or more ?) committed to the series.