Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties > Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties

Wyoming Tour

<< < (3/3)

Boston:
Rich, this sounds like a fun trip, and do keep us posted.
Perhaps our paths may intersect!

Boston

Freedog:
When I lived on the east coast and first had thoughts of moving out west, I drove to and around Wyoming. I visited Cheyenne, Casper, Thermopolis, Worland, Ten Sleep, Buffalo, Cody and Sheridan. I really liked Buffalo, where I met some nice people. Ten Sleep was an interesting little town, and the drive from there to Buffalo was beautiful. The Big Horn mountains provide a nice ride.

On my second trip I visited Newcastle, Sundance, and Hulett. I liked the scenery in the NE.

I have since relocated to Wyoming and have spent a lot of time in the southern part of the state, which is not much to look at, except Flaming Gorge, which is breathtaking. Evanston is not worth the time. Green River is a bedroom community with only a few restaurants, but has some nice outdoor areas in and around town. There is not much between Rock Springs and Laramie, and be sure to hold your car door when you open it in Laramie so it does not blow off the hinges.

I prefer the scenery in the NE part of the state and in the Jackson area. Jackson has a lot of nice restaurants, local art shops and some great outdoor scenery, but it is very expensive. Still, the mountains and parks are gorgeous and worth seeing. The Tetons are awesome.

Cyclonesteve:
I've made two trips so far.

The first to Sundance, , Gillette and Newcastle. All nice.

The second to the Green River Intergalactic Space Port  ::), Laramie, Cheyenne, Torrington, Lusk, Douglas and Casper (I REALLY liked Five Guys, but I like fatty foods.)

I've got at least 4 years on my golden handcuffs before I need to make a decision.

Rich-in-MD:
Thanks again everyone for your kind words and advice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version