Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties > Prospective Free State Wyoming (FSW) Members and Interested Parties

Wyoming Tour

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mark Davis:
Wyoming has quite a few nice towns. Though I have not been a Wyoming resident for 40 years I live just 60 miles from the state line in Montana. I drive across Wyoming often.
Many people around here feel some area are to expensive, you coming from Maryland might not have that impression.
My list of towns to see. Dubios, Powell, Cody, Sheridan, Buffalo, Tensleep, Sundance, Upton, Newcastle,
Hullet, Pinehaven, Gurnsey, Thermopolis, This does not include every nice town in the state, but ones that Look good to me.
If close access to good medical care is a top priority. Park your self near Denver Co, Casper,  Rapid City SD, Salt lake City Utah, or Billings MT.
The northeast corner of the state is the lowest altitude of the entire state, slightly longer growing season, but no promise of better weather.

MamaLiberty:
If you are easily bored, and want city attractions and amenities, you may not care for NE Wyoming. Outside of whatever is in Gillette, we don't have shopping centers, movie theaters (with the latest release), concerts, fancy night life places or much else city people seem to want. We have lots of open spaces, clean air and water, friendly folks in our small town stores. We have quiet neighborhoods and ranches with good people who will help if asked, but mostly mind their own business. We don't have much real "crime" and out sheriff (In Weston county) is an honest man who keeps a low profile, but gets the job done. The "police" in various towns are another story, but probably head and shoulders above whatever you are used to.

Welcome to Wyoming! Let me know if you come through Newcastle. I'd be glad to talk with you and introduce you to some of the good people here, including my favorite real estate lady. :)

Rich-in-MD:

--- Quote from: MamaLiberty on April 10, 2017, 04:29:59 AM ---If you are easily bored, and want city attractions and amenities, you may not care for NE Wyoming. Outside of whatever is in Gillette, we don't have shopping centers, movie theaters (with the latest release), concerts, fancy night life places or much else city people seem to want. We have lots of open spaces, clean air and water, friendly folks in our small town stores. We have quiet neighborhoods and ranches with good people who will help if asked, but mostly mind their own business. We don't have much real "crime" and out sheriff (In Weston county) is an honest man who keeps a low profile, but gets the job done. The "police" in various towns are another story, but probably head and shoulders above whatever you are used to.

Welcome to Wyoming! Let me know if you come through Newcastle. I'd be glad to talk with you and introduce you to some of the good people here, including my favorite real estate lady. :)

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your insight and kind words!  I will definitely let you know if I come through.

Rich-in-MD:
colonial shooter: If I do go through with this trip, I will most definitely be stopping by Cheyenne. I will certainly let you know.

--- Quote from: Mark Davis on April 09, 2017, 09:22:11 PM ---Wyoming has quite a few nice towns. Though I have not been a Wyoming resident for 40 years I live just 60 miles from the state line in Montana. I drive across Wyoming often.
Many people around here feel some area are to expensive, you coming from Maryland might not have that impression.
My list of towns to see. Dubios, Powell, Cody, Sheridan, Buffalo, Tensleep, Sundance, Upton, Newcastle,
Hullet, Pinehaven, Gurnsey, Thermopolis, This does not include every nice town in the state, but ones that Look good to me.
If close access to good medical care is a top priority. Park your self near Denver Co, Casper,  Rapid City SD, Salt lake City Utah, or Billings MT.
The northeast corner of the state is the lowest altitude of the entire state, slightly longer growing season, but no promise of better weather.

--- End quote ---

Some great suggestions!  Thanks, will definitely research those towns!

pedro wyomiing:
Greetings Rich,
It would be helpful if you provided what you intend to do here.  What is your craft or profession?  Do you want a rural or urban life? 
I live an hour out of Casper and could meetup if i had some notice.  Work schedule is ever changing for me and more notice would be better.

pW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version