Author Topic: Chernobyl on HBO  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Erik

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Hold Fast.
Chernobyl on HBO
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:18:34 AM »
Excellent.

Has anyone else watched this yet?

It far surpassed my expectations, and after the failed GOT finale, this one did not disappoint.
Erik. 
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
-2 Corinthians, 4:8-9

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
Re: Chernobyl on HBO
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:24:57 AM »
I have not seen it, but have read that it is pretty good. There were complaints about inaccuracies, such as a claim that radiation sickness is contagious. But that could be that the person depicted was wrong.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline sbeckman

• FSW Associate
  • FFL Type 01
    • L&M Precision
Re: Chernobyl on HBO
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 06:40:31 AM »
I watched all of this.  It really was well done.

I didn't see anywhere that they claimed that radiation sickness was contagious.  But they did depict through the action of the movie that a person who is heavily contaminated with radioactive material could transfer that to another person through physical contact with skin/clothes, etc. and could then be exposed to enough radiation to be harmed.
Whether the fireman still had that level of contamination to transfer  after he was really sick is certainly debatable. 

No, I'm not cynical. Oh No.
www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
FFL Type 01