Author Topic: Parody  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
Parody
« on: July 16, 2019, 05:21:29 PM »
I thought a parody (preferably original ones) thread would be fun.

Here is a little parody I wrote to the tune of "The Song that Doesn't End" (for those not familiar with this very annoying song it may not make sense. Here is a youtube short version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_47KVJV8DU Some psycho put up a 10 hour version...)

Trump's a racist sexist misogynist,
Trump's a racist sexist misogynist,
Some people started claiming it when he ran for office,
And now they'll keep it going to control the public mind.
Trump's a racist sexist misogynist....

(repeat ad nauseum and apply for a media job)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:29:08 PM by Scheherazade »
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
Re: Parody
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »
It sounds dreadful. Like a Go-Go's song.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »
It sounds dreadful. Like a Go-Go's song.

Wow, you thought up something worse than Sherry Lewis with her puppets Lamb Chop, Charlie Horse, and Hush Puppy (song's source). I didn't think that was possible. I came up with it when I saw part of a CNN report talking about racist Trump (one can't go anywhere without telescreens droning on everywhere). I thought, "This narrative just goes on and on..."

It would make a great parody video, I just don't have the means.
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:15:34 AM »
I thought of two more ideas that could be the subject of either memes, sarcastic vids, or political cartoons.
1. Doctor to very pregnant woman in exam room "You have pre-eclampsia and we HAVE to deliver immediately. Would you like an abortion or a cesarean."
2. A guy, with a hairy and muscular chest,  in a '70s low cut men's hairy chest shirt, with the caption "What if men dressed for work with the same consideration women do."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:07:27 AM by Scheherazade »

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 05:49:59 AM »
If I could draw, I would make 3  political cartoons:

Greta Thunberg as Chicken Little screaming in terror, "The sky is falling," surrounded by three people labeled politician, education, and media; all dropping acorns on her head, smirking, and whispering, "The sky is falling" into her ears.

A picture of a masked criminal pointing a gun at a driver  next to a picture of AOC pointing a gun labeled "green new deal," with the caption "carjacking" referring to both.

A teacher, politician, and News reporter pointing to a thought bubble with Imaginary man-made global warming in it. With 10 terrified children arranged like bowling pins. The teacher would be clearly distracting them from a bowling ball heading their way with "national debt" written on it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:14:16 AM by Scheherazade »

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 06:36:06 AM »
Oh, and another one

Three people (a donkey, the media, and education) pointing at Trump and a car with 3 little smoke circles coming from the exhaust, screaming "man-made global warming" while trying to hide 5 volcanoes that are exploding and filling the whole top of the picture.  (The volcanoes would be labeled: Manam, Papua New Guinea; Ulawan, Papua New Guinea; Raikoke, Russia; Sinaburg, Sumatra; and Popocatepetl, Mexico; and their explosion dates (all 5 exploded during 2019).

https://coldclimatechange.com/hiding-volcanic-eruptions/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:37:57 AM by Scheherazade »

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 08:17:05 AM »
Definitions

Feminists: women who hate men but still want free access to their money.

MGTOW: men who hate women but still want free access to their bodies.

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 06:31:14 PM »
I like the political cartoon ideas. I think there is some good material there.

On feminists and "men who go their own way", I think "hate" is too strong. I think if they had a better understanding of their options, they could make good choices that make them happy and ignore bad choices that make them bitter. I guess this starts with discerning lies from truth.

To add to the quotes, here are some of mine:
"To a tyrant, attempting to disengage or protect yourself is seen as an act of aggression."
"I believe in karma. And looking at how my life as treated me, I must have been really bad in a previous life."
"A psychopath believes in karma. If he does something bad to you, you must have done something to deserve it."

Going back to emotions, I think that "hate" is a product of "fear" of some danger and a need to deal with that danger. We face dangers every day. Electricity and gasoline are obvious examples. But we are not afraid of them, we manage the risk. On the other hand, a rattlesnake is a danger that is harder to deal with. I don't exactly "hate" a rattlesnake, but I won't abide Mother Nature putting one in my living area.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 04:45:01 PM »
A politician, a reporter, and a school administrator walk into a bar...
Doesn't need a punchline, just look around.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
my first post of an original political cartoon.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »
another cartoon attempt

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 08:22:58 AM »
another cartoon attempt
I like it!  I like them both.

I would eliminate the whole left-most part about MAGA as it detracts from the point of the cartoon.  The last item should be the covid.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »
You know that's true. Stopping at Covid is a good point all on it's own.  I was kind of responding to the many cartoons I've seen painting maga hat wearers as ignorant backwoods stubble faced moronic hicks. But yeah it is a separate point. I really need to take an art class though.

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »
Does a rising tide lift all boats?

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 02:16:31 PM »
I had another snarky idea. I am going to knot up a blue t-shirt like for tie dye. Then I'm going to burn it  in spots (instead of dying it). Then I'm going to unfold it and slash it twice with a knife, then take it to the range and shoot it 3 times with a 22. Then I'm going to write on it: "I went to a democrat controlled city..." Then I'm going to wear it over a red shirt.