Author Topic: Claire Wolfe hangs it up  (Read 4467 times)

Offline SunDog

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
Claire Wolfe hangs it up
« on: January 02, 2020, 11:30:57 AM »
https://www.clairewolfe.com/blog/2019/12/17/im-done-2/

It was a fun blog to check in to from time to time - I guess new postings will be rare or never. Seems like she's done this before, then started a new blog. Time will tell.

No one ever said blogging would be a good way to make a living.

Offline Vince

• FSW Rifleman
Re: Claire Wolfe hangs it up
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 11:55:15 AM »
She should have taken this step twenty years ago.  While I respect her and her tenacity there comes a point where you have to look after your own self interest.  By her own words, she gave up a lucrative career to join the freedom movement.  I question taking a move like that, especially in light of seeing her live in borderline poverty these past years.

Anytime a move like the one Amazon made sets you on the path to being completely destitute it's a sure indication you haven't been taking care of yourself.

I understand she has taken a job which will allow her to comfortably pay her bills.  About time, and bravo Claire!
Wear guns or wear chains!

Offline Cyclonesteve

• FSW Associate
    • Short Lane
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 05:19:46 PM »
I just gave her $4.99 on SubscribeStar. Why not? It's only $5.  :)
Give them your teeth, not your belly.

Offline SunDog

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 10:45:14 AM »
Well, maybe not completely done. There's this: https://www.clairewolfe.com/blog/2020/02/05/from-the-wonders-not-ceasing-department/

Nice to see something in print from her again.

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »
She should have taken this step twenty years ago.  While I respect her and her tenacity there comes a point where you have to look after your own self interest.  By her own words, she gave up a lucrative career to join the freedom movement.  I question taking a move like that, especially in light of seeing her live in borderline poverty these past years.

We are each unique individuals with different gifts and potentials.

We ought to seek and to prize the metaphysical over the mundane and material, in my opinion.  That's what life is about.  Claire made the right choice.  She has been able to express her unique gifts and nature.  No one else could have done that but her.  In our current world one can choose to be a true artist and impoverished, or a fake artist and rich.

Thanks, Claire, for the help and inspiration.

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 02:52:04 PM »
Having been in since since 1989, and full time from 1992-2018, I can empathize with Claire.
26+ years was a long haul, especially adding in the FSW.  I've mixed feelings about it all in retrospect.
As did Claire, I also sacrificed a great deal of higher earnings in that time.

I, too, recently took a very nice consulting gig in a completely new field.  The folks I work with are Patriots and shooters, else I wouldn't be helping them. 

I haven't published any new books since 11/2017's final third volume of Modules for Manhood 3.  My non-MfM book sales are somewhat dependent upon the current level of concern with government encroachment.  My high-water mark was during Obama's first term.  I couldn't keep BGB in stock back then.  Amazon is now dicking with me and the MfM series, so I'll have to regain it some traction elsewhere.  I consider MfM1-3 my best and most important work.

I'm keen to write more books, and likely have at least one bestseller in me.  I'll begin this summer to write again.  But I'll never again let the Patriot Movement subsume my life.  I've "rowed my oar" there, and have the calluses to prove it. 

Wishing my friend and colleague Claire Wolfe the best,
Boston

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »
Having been in since since 1989, and full time from 1992-2018, I can empathize with Claire.
26+ years was a long haul, especially adding in the FSW.  I've mixed feelings about it all in retrospect.
As did Claire, I also sacrificed a great deal of higher earnings in that time.

I, too, recently took a very nice consulting gig in a completely new field.  The folks I work with are Patriots and shooters, else I wouldn't be helping them. 

I haven't published any new books since 11/2017's final third volume of Modules for Manhood 3.  My non-MfM book sales are somewhat dependent upon the current level of concern with government encroachment.  My high-water mark was during Obama's first term.  I couldn't keep BGB in stock back then.  Amazon is now dicking with me and the MfM series, so I'll have to regain it some traction elsewhere.  I consider MfM1-3 my best and most important work.

I'm keen to write more books, and likely have at least one bestseller in me.  I'll begin this summer to write again.  But I'll never again let the Patriot Movement subsume my life.  I've "rowed my oar" there, and have the calluses to prove it. 

Wishing my friend and colleague Claire Wolfe the best,
Boston

You've done a good job, Boston.  I thank you as well for your fine books.  They have brought light and joy to me, as I'm sure they have to many others.

Steve Jobs may have been a CIA spook actor who faked his own death, but he had some good advice, I think, when he said in that commencement address to trust that everything will come together in the end.  All the different experiences, the talents and skills picked up along the way, your unique "talent stack" as Scott Adams of Dilbert calls it, can all come together in a magnificent synergy in the end and enable you to do work truly outstanding and meaningful, that only you can do.

As we age our minds fall apart and ambition flags, though, so the clock is ticking.

You probably still have another decade at least of great productivity, Boston Kenneth now, I guess!  Make it an awesome one!  I wish you all the best of success!

Offline Scheherazade

• FSW Associate
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
You've done a good job, Boston.  I thank you as well for your fine books.  They have brought light and joy to me, as I'm sure they have to many others.
Yes, thank you especially for your books. My father-in-law (who has since passed on) handed me "Bulletproof Privacy" a long time ago. Then he handed me "You and the Police." That got me started down a different road than I had taken before. I had always been somewhat freedom-minded, but that helped me begin to really understand what that meant.
"For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Jesus Christ Luke 23:31

Offline Boston

• Board Moderator
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »
Thank you John and Scheherazade!
It's always encouraging to hear of good effects of my work.
Writing to help others is a joy for me.

Boston