Author Topic: Business tax study ranks California 40th, Wyoming No. 1  (Read 7468 times)

Offline Cat

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Business tax study ranks California 40th, Wyoming No. 1
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 05:07:58 PM »
By affordable, I mean that someone just starting out could qualify and make the payments.  Housing and land prices in the area have risen dramatically in the last two years.  That trend is going to continue for some time in the Newcastle area with Rockwell coming in, DME railroad to the south, the existing mines and oilfields, and the new electric plants under construction in the surrounding areas. 

People who have cashed out equity from their homes elsewhere and those working in the mines and oilfields can afford the high prices.  As I said, if you have money-no problem (except supply).  Those homes sell quickly and very recently there was a waiting list of qualified buyers.  Cheap (if you prefer that phrase to affordable) housing and land is extremely difficult to find right now. 

As to construction start up--I didn't say that someone would need 100 employees.  The reality is that finding even one or two can be very difficult and expensive.  It would be impractical (though not impossible and certainly doable for one's own home) to build single handedly as I am not sure many buyers would be willing to wait that long.

I am a total proponent of free markets and I understand economics, including the law of supply and demand.  Nowhere in either of my posts did I suggest that government could or would solve the problem.  The only mention that I made was that subdiving property needed the approval of the county planning commission (and city if within one mile) and that was neutral information--it is a fact not my opinion.

I was posting to help people make informed decisions to facilitate their planning, especially if they have limited funds.  Nothing more.  My sister, in another state,  is investing in this area by purchasing land and my sons have started their own construction company so I have more knowledge than most regarding these issues. 

I am not talking theory here but actualities.  This is the reason that I don't post very often.  I was trying to help and the implication is that I am somehow advocating governmental interference in the market place. 

Offline KesWindhunter

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 05:35:23 PM »
By affordable, I mean that someone just starting out could qualify and make the payments.? Housing and land prices in the area have risen dramatically in the last two years.? That trend is going to continue for some time in the Newcastle area with Rockwell coming in, DME railroad to the south, the existing mines and oilfields, and the new electric plants under construction in the surrounding areas.?

People who have cashed out equity from their homes elsewhere and those working in the mines and oilfields can afford the high prices.? As I said, if you have money-no problem (except supply).? Those homes sell quickly and very recently there was a waiting list of qualified buyers.? Cheap (if you prefer that phrase to affordable) housing and land is extremely difficult to find right now.?

As to construction start up--I didn't say that someone would need 100 employees.? The reality is that finding even one or two can be very difficult and expensive.? It would be impractical (though not impossible and certainly doable for one's own home) to build single handedly as I am not sure many buyers would be willing to wait that long.

I am a total proponent of free markets and I understand economics, including the law of supply and demand.? Nowhere in either of my posts did I suggest that government could or would solve the problem.? The only mention that I made was that subdiving property needed the approval of the county planning commission (and city if within one mile) and that was neutral information--it is a fact not my opinion.

I was posting to help people make informed decisions to facilitate their planning, especially if they have limited funds.? Nothing more.? My sister, in another state,? is investing in this area by purchasing land and my sons have started their own construction company so I have more knowledge than most regarding these issues.?

I am not talking theory here but actualities.? This is the reason that I don't post very often.? I was trying to help and the implication is that I am somehow advocating governmental interference in the market place.?

I STRONGLY AGREE
 ~W~ Tamara

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 06:13:25 PM »
Cat! I wasn't trying to argue with you, only discuss all of the implications.

Nothing was inteded personally or to criticize, and I'm very sorry if you took it that way. I wasn't speaking TO YOU, but trying to help those who might be reading who were considering what to do about housing. Not everyone understands the real free market, even some of those who read here.

Please don't take things so personally! Your comments and input are just as important as that of anyone else, so I hope you will understand. MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.