Author Topic: Wyoming Has More Gun Dealers Than Gas Stations  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Wyoming Has More Gun Dealers Than Gas Stations
« on: March 10, 2006, 07:40:48 PM »
America Once Had More Gun Dealers Than Gas Stations.
Now Only Five States Do:

Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Wyoming

I grin every time I think of that.

Offline Thomas

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Wyoming Has More Gun Dealers Than Gas Stations
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 01:36:47 PM »
Indeed.

But I'd love to see someone open up shop in Newcastle. Right now the only source is the hardware store (very limited selection) or heading to Gillette.
Speak your mind, but have a fast horse.

Hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »
Depends upon what your defiinition of "dealer" is.
I know several guys over there who are sellihg "private collection" :o ::) :D ;D
Again, legal a heck in WY.
Damm the feds 4473. ;)Hunter

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 01:45:13 AM »
ya, those private clubs were one of my favorite parts of Molon Labe.
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »
I'm glad to see Oregon made that list, along with all three states in what Ben Irvin calls the "Triad". I always thought that was the case. When you think Portland, think "liberals with guns"!   ;D

I was just visiting 3 of the 4 gun shops in Cody. It's always amazing to me, to think a town of 8000 people can support shops with more product diversity than the entire Portland metro area. Not too many places in Portland sell .475 Linebaugh brass, for example. And all three had that new-fangled IMR Trail Boss powder, and one had Rem 2 1/2 primers that I had been looking for (wanting to avoid those outrageous HAZMAT mail charges). Another had 'em, but they just happened to be out of stock on the 2 1/2's. None of these things are available in the Portland area.

But I'd love to see someone open up shop in Newcastle. Right now the only source is the hardware store (very limited selection) or heading to Gillette.

Ah, another business opportunity...

Boston, do you have a link for that information?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:38:48 PM by Paul Bonneau »
Laws turn men into slaves.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 10:57:43 PM »
Paul, which information?

The gun dealer/gas station #s came from www.vpc.org , of all places.
They were just this side of aghast about it, too.

Boston

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:49:01 AM »
Every time this thread pops up and I see the title it brings a chuckle and puts a huge smile on my face.   ;D

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline NorthGunner

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 09:45:37 PM »
Hi All!

Sounds great!!  ;D   Just one question....how do I convert my new Dodge Ram Hemi to run on .308 ammo?!? 

Yours In Liberty!
NorthGunner
(Currently in Az)
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline Nickle

• Rather Interested
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:34:17 AM »
OK, is it worthwhile for a dealer/ammo manufacturer to open up shop in Wyoming?

And Northgunner, did you know what the first Internal Combustion engine used for fuel?

Gunpowder. That would be Black Powder, since it was the late 1700 or early 1800's.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »
OK, is it worthwhile for a dealer/ammo manufacturer to open up shop in Wyoming?
No doubt!
There's no state income tax, and an abundance of cheap(er) energy.

Black Hills Ammo in SD operates there for similar reasons...

Boston

Offline Nickle

• Rather Interested
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 02:12:21 PM »
Black Hills is one of the vendors we get components from. They don't sell components to the general public, just FFL's and Type 06's.

Offline NorthGunner

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »
Hi Nickle,

Gunpowder...hmmm.. ???  Well, if it goes bang and keeps the wheels turning I'm all for it!!! ;D Wonder which 'grade' my truck would like more...IMR or Unique?  Vit might keep her happy too!

Yours In Liberty!
NorthGunner
(Currently in Az)
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »
I just watched the subcommittee hearings regarding BATFE abuses today where this b*tch from VPC was touting the "more dealers than gas stations" complaint. Luckily some congressman shot her down pretty good. He said that in the 50's and during WWII the same was true and we were certainly not on the brink of societal collapse! Also, he asked if VPC was for banning ALL guns in the US. No, she replied, only all handguns, all "assault weapons", and all .50s. They would "allow" shotguns and rifles for "sporting use". Bless their hearts.
Here's the link, courtesy of JPFO, for the subcommittee hearings. Actually, most of the witnesses were anti-BATFE!!!
http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=228
Hope I did this hyperlink thing correctly. If not, here's the text that you can cut and paste:
http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=228

Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline NorthGunner

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 08:30:14 PM »
Hi Mac,

I'm glad to see that there was 'someone awake' there to stand up a question her! 

It would have been even better if he'd asked, "okay, you want to take handguns, 'assault-weapons' and .50's away from law abiding individuals...what's your real agenda for pushing Victim Disarmerment?!?  Every foreign dictator and two-bit thug who's accomplished that then went on to murder, torture and enslave their own people!! Don't give me a cock 'n bull story that 'it can't happen here!' because it has, several times!!  Where people are armed there's Liberty! Where they have been disarmed there's a Police State. Go peddle your statist garbage to someone stupid enough to fall for it!" 

About the only person I can think of in Congress that would have had the guts let alone the independence of spirit to utter such is Ron Paul. The majority of the rest there and in the Senate are nothing but bloodsucking ticks on the Republics body.

Yours In Liberty!
NorthGunner
(Currently in Az)

Kurt Hofmann