Author Topic: Youngster in the bunch  (Read 3487 times)

Offline leonidas

Youngster in the bunch
« on: February 28, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »
Hi all!! Well I have found out about FSW through my kin, and here I am. I love what this represents and what everyone is doing in this effort. I am a like minded person with the rest of you, but am younger than most I would think. I am currently in the Coast Guard going to school. I am a former (not ex) Marine and yes I got to go to the Sandbox at the right time! I do have a few years of obligated time left in the CG but with my background in the Marines and what I will acquire in the CG, I hope to use where ever I may go.

I consider Arizona my home but it is filling up with all the wrong types, in my opinion. My father has looked into FSW as well as my brother. You just might find them on here... (= But the prospect of Wyoming sounds very inviting. Especially after my time is up and I need to look for greener pastures other than the CG.

I am in the process of reading Molon Labe that my father has lent me and I like it so far, but those sci fi books keep grabbing my attention! I think this is just so awesome that there are plenty of people out there that share views of freedom and the God given right to protect ourselves and our families and are doing something about it.

One more thing... I know you are all aware of the saying Molon labe (which I have affectionatly stickered my computer with the Greek version on my computer), and if you are interested in the whole history of it, check out the book Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. I am not sure if anyone else has posted it but it's a great read.

More later
Ryan

And for those who want them... just try!
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Re: Youngster in the bunch
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:11:12 PM »
Howdy, leonidas.  Quit calling yourself a "youngster" because it's
making me feel like an Olde Pharte!

Glad you're here, and I hope we/Wyoming can help you find a
freer life in America. 

Pressfield's book was tremendous, and I recommend it highly.
It's one of the best novels I've ever read, on any subject.

Boston

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:17:06 AM »
Welcome leonidas,

It is very comforting to know that the younger generation isn't blind and want a move toward freedom as well.  You will find many like-minded individuals here.  Any movement cannot be sucessful without you.  Us who are 35+ can accomplish much, but we need your help.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »
One would assume that Leonidas is the same name you use on TCF?

Offline toymeister

• Reader
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 07:41:25 AM »
One would assume that Leonidas is the same name you use on TCF?

One might assume as much .. one would be wrong. :D

I can't fault this guy for his choice in "Nom de Internet", though, as I fancy the name too.

This is the Leonidas from TCF. I came here directly to this post when the board told me the name Leonidas was already taken :P

Eh, *shrug*

-- toymeister

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 04:38:58 AM »
Toymeister, that's liable to cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we just call you Bruce?

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 07:32:07 AM »
Hence...

When registering here, I encourage you to use your actual name vs. a nym. This isn't merely a forum; it's our way of getting to know each other as real people who will soon share Wyoming as a home. You don't have to divulge an avalanche of information about yourself, as we respect your privacy, however, FSW Associates and Members using mere nyms such as "madre13" or "freedomlover" doesn't help the rest of us much, and it certainly confuses me.

;D
Thanks,
The Management

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »
I am using the name I will be using in at the Jamboree. And the one I use at the Claire Files. That good enough?

Offline Rifleman

• FSW Associate
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »
"Leonidas" is one of my sons!  I am proud of what he has acomplished!  I expect great things from him as he grows!
Check six!
Shannon
No Worries!

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »
Leonidas, never apologize for youth. It's not something you can fix except by living a bit longer! :)

I'm 60 years old and have been working for freedom most of my life. I know very well how vital it is for us to attract and welcome young people. Without you and many more like you, all of our efforts will have been in vain.

God bless and keep you. I wish you could join us now, but understand your present commitment. Just hope it isn't for too much longer. The times are working toward a crisis, and Wyoming is the place to be when it happens.

Please keep in touch, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Welcome to the family.

MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

laurel

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 11:43:18 PM »
Hey Leonidas,

My boyfriend and fellow FSW type, Mike (aka Mikeyali1776) is also a former Marine and probably right around your age. He's 25 and I'm 20. So nope, you're not the only youngster! :)

Also wanted to give two thumbs up to Gates of Fire - one of the best books I've ever read, hands-down. A favorite of Mike's as well.

See you in WY someday! :)

Laurel

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 03:57:01 PM »
Welcome Mr. Leonidas sir! You may have some benefits for education after you ets and I hope you'll consider Laramie for a home soon. The only 4 year university in the state is here as well as ample, uuh,  er,, scenery. You're in good company here as a lot of us are former military too. Let me know if there is anything I/we can do for ya. b (AKA Norm)