Author Topic: Howdy from Arizona!  (Read 3393 times)

Offline NorthGunner

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Howdy from Arizona!
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »
Howdy Folks!

My name is Steve Kristmann and I'm definitely a 'newbie' to the Forum. My girlfriend Renee and I are hoping to be at the upcoming Jam 'come hell or high water'!  We currently live in Arizona (I live in NW Phoenix and Renee lives in Apache Junction...so it's a little bit of a 'long distance' relationship...a 45min drive to see each other).

I currently work as a security guard for Securitas Security (foremerly Pinkerton Burns) and have been doing that for about a year. Before that I was employed with the Az Dept. of Corrections as a Corrections Officer (did that for 5 1/2 yrs until it got too dangerous).  I love firearms and anything that has to do with shooting (became a Personal Protection Instructor thru the NRA in '96).  I have experience with Cl III weapons (used to have a nice collection before the divorce in '99...uuuggg....makes me nauseous just to remember it....).  I have no children from my previous marriage.

My girlfriend Renee currently works as an independent realtor and enjoys sewing, quilting, embroidery and the possibility of learning how to handle herself with firearms (we haven't had a chance to go out to Ben Avery here for me to 'start her education' ).  If we can make it to the Jam I will happily step back and let Boston take her as one of his students there.  She comes from a family that 'didn't believe in firearms ownership' but she's had quite a 'philosophical conversion' since being with me.  She has two children from a previous marriage. Her daughter is Victoria (Tori) who's 14 and her son Sterling, who's 12.  She is helping me to look online for possible land purchases in Wyoming (we're thinking strongly of the Crook County area). 

If all goes well, we hope to camp at the Jam (I will be bringing a Enfield A2 .308 carbine and my MkVI Webley with me).  For the evenings I can bring a "10 Dobsonian telescope for stargazing if folks are interested.  We hope to meet with other folks who already live there to talk to about Wyoming.  Renee just asked me to ask if there is a site/participation fee for the Jam so we can budget that into the works.  We will be sending our copies of the S.of I. in as soon as we can along with the requisite 25 dollars each.

Looking forward to hearing from other people and meeting at the Jam!!

Yours In Liberty!
NorthGunner
(Currently in Az)

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Hunter

Arizona!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »
Welcome North Gunner & Gal!!!!

MarthaK

Re: Howdy from Arizona!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:15:30 PM »
Hey Welcome!

If you are able to make the jam would you be interested in a presentation of the stars to kids?  Hope to see you there.

MarthaK

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:51:10 PM »
Howdy to you both, and I hope to meet you all at the Jam!
Thanks for bring your telescope.  Will Saturn be visible then? 

Renee just asked me to ask if there is a site/participation fee for the Jam so we can budget that into the works.
It'll be between $25-40/adult.  (Children under 13 are free.)
Stay tuned to the other threads about the Jam for upcoming details shortly.

Boston[/color]

Offline NorthGunner

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:28 PM »
Hi MarthaK, Boston and Hunter/Pete!

Thank you for the welcome to the forum!  Renee and I will try to do all we can to get to the Jam this year.  It's no problem to bring my telescope out for other's to enjoy...just hope the time will be clear skies with 'good seeing' (thin high clouds won't stop us). 

Boston, thank you for letting us know what the site fees will be. Very reasonable to say the least!  If all works out there will be six of us in attendance (hopefully my father will come..will have to 'try to convince him'...although since he enjoys the outdoors it shouldn't be too tough.....).

Hunter/Pete, I'm looking forward to letting you and others see my MkVI Webley (it's been converted to use .45 on moon clips) along with the 2A .308 Enfield.

MarthaK, Renee says that she's looking forward to meeting you and having her children, Tori, Sterling, and Tori's friend Kat meet other kids there.  Also the two of you should enjoy talking embroidery, quilts and defensive issues.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome!

Yours In Liberty!
NorthGunner
(Currently In Arizona)
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 05:33:31 PM »
Hi Steve and Renee,  One of the things I love about Wyoming is the unbelievable night skies! A telescope would be great. It sounds like there will be a lot of kids at the JAM and I was wondering if some of the homeschooling "experts" might take the opportunity to use the JAM as a class room. Astronomy would be a great class. I was thinking about bringing some of my books on native american stories and culture and will have a TP for added effect.  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

appaloosablue

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 10:34:28 PM »
Hello Northgunner and Renee,

I don't think I will be able to meet you at the Jam. :-[? Hopefully I will be in the process of moving from New Mexico to WY.? Will, however, look forward to meeting you(collective) when you get to WY.?

It's always nice to meet a fellow quilter/sewer with similar values. Can't quilt right now :'(--I'm up to my ears? replacing jacket zipperss for just about everyone in the city. :D

Brandy

Offline Space Cowboy

• Social Type
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 01:46:21 PM »
It sounds like there will be a lot of kids at the JAM and I was wondering if some of the homeschooling "experts" might take the opportunity to use the JAM as a class room. Astronomy would be a great class.   Miles

I've been kicking around the idea of teaching Astronomy to homeschool kids for awhile now. I don't know how it work out, but I'd like to give it a try. I worked for NASA for 17 years and was on the Voyager Speakers Bureau. I've worked on Voyager, Magellan, Lunar Prospector, and Cassini to name a few. If anyone is interested we can talk at the Jam......
You shall judge a man by his foes as well as his friends
~J. Conrad

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »
Space cowboy, My brother and I will definitely be talking with you about space !  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785