Author Topic: Musings - 09/10/2006  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Crispin

• Rather Interested
Musings - 09/10/2006
« on: September 10, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »
Good Evening,

It has been a busy day. We took our son (and three of his friends) out to celebrate his 17th birthday. God, do I feel old! Actually, it a bit sobering, as well. I joined the Army, with parental consent at 17?I don?t know what I?d do if my son presented me with the same request.

Note of Thanks and Admiration of My Parents: June 1972, I asked my parents to sign for me to join the United States Army. They did. I did not appreciate for years what this must have cost them, emotionally. Especially, in view of the fact that I had already been accepted to various and sundry colleges?and the fact, or course, that there was a shooting war going on.

Prior to the birthday celebration?household chores and tasks?as usual.

I saw the announcement of the December 9th costume party. I would love to attend with my dear, sweet darling wife. Not sure what our costumes would be?perhaps something from our days of CW reenacting. That is, unless a CS uniform accompanied by a Lady in a hoop skirt is politically incorrect.

September 11th is tomorrow. Geesch, what memories that brings?.

The primaries in Maryland are next Tuesday?we will be voting, of course. Our son is looking forward to the day he can cast a vote.

There is a gun show in Howard County next weekend that we are planning to attend.

Regards,
Crispin

"Soli Deo Honeur et Gloria"

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Musings - 09/10/2006
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
Dear Crispin,
Just saw this and wanted you to know that I appreciate the little windows into your life there. I'll watch for them more carefully from now on. :)

We are about to get our first real cold weather this weekend. The night temps are supposed to drop into the 20s. This comes as a shock, since the daytime temps have been in the 80s all week! Looks like it's sweaters and rain ponchos for the gun class on Saturday in Sundance. I've got to find out if it is an outdoor or indoor range, so I know how to dress.

Still didn't get my holster, and I'm antsy as heck about it. Sure hope it can come before Saturday. Oh well. I've done without it for nearly 60 years, so a few more days can't really kill me.  ;)

Hang in there, dear. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline clemmac

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Musings - 09/10/2006
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »
The range at Sundance is very definitely out under the sky. 

There's an indoor range in the works, but it is not ready yet.