Author Topic: Membership...  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Crispin

• Rather Interested
Membership...
« on: September 15, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »
Good Evening,

I could not help but notice the steady growth in FSW membership. It seems (in the few scant weeks since I signed up) that there is a 5-10 member growth per week.

If that is indeed the case....That is GREAT!

I can't help but wondering, tho'...when will the brand new folk post? For anyone hesitant to do so, please realize that folks on this site are very friendly, patient and accepting. Otherwise, I would have been hounded off 20 posts ago.

Regards,
Crispin

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: Membership...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:46:56 PM »
My experience with forums is not vast, but indicates that most people read far more than they post in any of them. And then, there are many who "sign up," look around a bit, then never visit again. I think the moderators go through and prune the crop from time to time, so the actual number of forum members is fluid.

What we'd like to see, of course, is for more and more of those forum members to become full FSW members, and that's not always the case. I'd like to actually SEE the numbers, but respect Boston's reasons for not sharing them. The next "Jam" will be most interesting!

So, in the meantime, let's all do our best to welcome new folks and encourage them to post.
MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »
Howdy Tetoncountry, I assume that means somewhere around the Teton range ? I spent two years in Jackson when my family owned a resort up near the South gate of Yellowstone in 1973-74.
When you were in Worland did you make it out to the JAM , dinner and camp fire on Saturday night ?
We have gone through some adjustments here, we started out focasing on three North Eastern counties and then opened it up to the whole state so I don't think you will have to move. :D
Anyway welcome aboard, take a look around and chime in where you feel comfortable doing so. We are always looking for input, advise, tall tales from those who are already in Wyoming.    Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline PaulWy

• Social Type
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 12:00:56 AM »
Hi tetoncounty,

I believe FSW is a state-wide effort. Some of the most active posters on this forum live in Teton and Park Counties. I would guess that forum participants live in at least half the counties in Wyoming. Having said that, my understanding is there is an emphasis on concentration in Crook, Weston and Hot Springs counties. I moved to Crook County from the west side of the state just to enjoy living around more like-minded people, but I doubt anyone would presume to tell you where to live from an FSW perspective. I think it great that you would want to share in liberty here in Wyoming.

PaulWy
It is easy to stop one person, difficult to stop one hundred, and impossible to stop one thousand. Jack Stack

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 03:06:22 PM »
tetoncounty, Paul's right:  the FSW is a statewide org in general,
though with somewhat of particular focus here and there.

We welcome current Wyomingites, and hope that the FSW can
help serve as an additional layer of community, virtual as it is here
in this forum.

We've all flavors of personalities here, just like in real life!

Thanks for posting, and welcome.

Boston

Offline PaulWy

• Social Type
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 08:46:51 PM »
I realize the forum is virtual, but I want people to know FSW is more than just an internet club. Those of us in Northeast Wyoming don?t always post about it, but we have a pretty good (and growing!) in-person activity schedule.

We have had at least one activity (local or state-wide) every month since May. In September we are having three activities. October, November and December activities are already scheduled. The activities include gun shows, shooting, hiking, dinners, holiday celebrations, parties and others. Local FSWers have hosted over a dozen visitors interested in moving here. In addition, our local Habitat for Liberty chapter has worked on projects for five of our local FSWers. If you are not here, you will miss out on some great stuff. If you are here, let us know and we will get the word out to you.
It is easy to stop one person, difficult to stop one hundred, and impossible to stop one thousand. Jack Stack

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 07:32:22 AM »
As one of the grateful recipients of the "Habitat for Liberty" project (and so much more), I must enthusiastically agree with Paul. I moved here hoping to find a community of like minded people for mutual assistance and support. My hopes and dreams didn't come even close to the reality.

This is what society can and should be... and will be if we make it so.

I hope everyone will reserve judgment about FSW and FSW people until they are able to actually be with us long enough to get to know us. Actions speak much louder than words, and there simply are no words adequate for what's happening in Wyoming!

MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline PaulWy

• Social Type
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
I was going to thank MamaLiberty for her backup of my post, but then realized I will see her at tonight's buffalo barbecue before she gets home to her computer. I love this community!

Offline SteveM

• FSW Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 12:14:26 PM »
I can't help but wondering, tho'...when will the brand new folk post? For anyone hesitant to do so, please realize that folks on this site are very friendly, patient and accepting. Otherwise, I would have been hounded off 20 posts ago.

Regards,
Crispin

I'm one of the new folks, posted my first note in this forum last night.? This board does seem friendly and welcoming.? My wife and I are hoping to get out to Wyoming next summer to look around and hopefully meet some of you.

SteveM
Fearlessness is better than a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.
For Scirnis

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 02:08:20 AM »
I'm very pleased to read of actual on-the-ground community
reports from Paul, Jared, ML, etc. up in NE Wyoming.

This forum is great for what it does, but actually becoming
neighbors is the real goal of the FSW.  Thanks, everybody,
for making this happen.

Boston