Author Topic: Greetings from an FSP member  (Read 7606 times)

Offline thistle

• Casual Observer
Greetings from an FSP member
« on: February 06, 2006, 11:08:42 PM »
Greetings. Just wanted say 'hello' and wish you all well with your project. I've been following the FSW for a while and think you all have a great plan and much potential.

Propiety prevents me from little more than introductions and well wishes until October of this year. So for now, good luck with your project and may you find the freedom that you seek!

-Thistle
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 07:10:53 PM by FSW Forum Administrator »

Offline Fran

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
    • Freshwaterorganics
Re: Greetings from and FSP member
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:42:23 PM »
Thanks, Thistle. We hope you are enjoying freedom and appreciate your wishes.

F
With earthbags, we can build dirt cheap homes that last forever
one bag at a time. Although Wyoming isn't just for dirtbags...

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Re: Greetings from and FSP member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 02:21:04 PM »
Yes, Thistle, thanks for the good wishes, and welcome here.

Current FSPers may become FSW Friends and Associates,
as well as our forum guests. 

Also, we've a NH page in the free state movement category.

We look forward to hearing more of you in October.

Boston

Offline thistle

• Casual Observer
Re: Greetings from an FSP member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 10:16:53 AM »
Current FSPers may become FSW Friends and Associates, as well as our forum guests.

I think it would be disengenuous to have any formal relationship with the FSW while still an FSP member...even in just a "supportive" role.

I've already notified the FSP that if they do not reach 20,000 members by October 1 then my committment to them ends. So at that point I am free to pursue other options.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 10:11:23 PM »
Fair 'nuff; hope to see you in October.

Offline thistle

• Casual Observer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 01:58:38 PM »
likewise

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »
Hi all.  I have been planning on moving to Wyoming in Oct 08.  At that point I will have been in the Navy for 15 yrs.  Having children really change things...lol.  And, among many other reasons,  I'm tired of giving up my freedoms and fighting for other countries freedoms when there is so much work to be done here at home.  I have recognized Wyoming as the free-est state in the lower 48 in so many ways...and because of this I purchased 40 acres last year to make my home on.  Anyway, I stumbled across FSP last month and I think it's a great idea.  I thought it ironic that my reasons for moving to Wyoming are so similar to the FSP...lol.  And I will move there irregardless of how many others there are.  I wish everyone well, but for me there is no "minimum requirement" for wanting to live as free as I can?and always striving for more.  I say this not to offend anyone.  It's just my philosophy...take it as such.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 12:27:23 PM »
Welcome Dave, You may not want to say but what part of Wyoming is your 40 in ? Spent much time there ?  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »
Yes, I have spent a lot of time in Wyoming.  At least 4 weeks a year...mostly during Elk season...lol.  If you haven't been to Jim Bridger Nat Forest, would strongly recommend it.  You don't need permission or have to pay to camp there.  And there are some nice campsites right off Clear Creek, Little Clear Creek, Spring Creek, and Flat Creek.  I would make sure that you have a firearm though...it is cat, cyote, wolf and bear country.  I also have in-laws in Sweetwater that I try to visit a couple times a year.  My property is in Carbon.  Good dirt roads and water for a well, power, and lots of wind for wind turbines.  I picked it up on the cheap so even if I decide not to actually live there for the first few years in Wy while I build, it will still be good hunting/camping/recreation property.  I'm a strange one and actually take my time building with (mostly) my own hands.  Something that I can pass to my daughter.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Space Cowboy

• Social Type
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »
I would make sure that you have a firearm though...it is cat, cyote, wolf and bear country.  I also have in-laws in Sweetwater that I try to visit a couple times a year.

Ok, Are you saying you need a firearm for the inlaws or the coyotes???.......
You shall judge a man by his foes as well as his friends
~J. Conrad

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »
LOL...not for the inlaws...they are better armed anyway...lol.

Dave

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 08:40:07 PM »
Dave I spent 25 years in Sweetwater county, both Green River and Rock Springs. We camped,hunted,fished all over the Windrivers.  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »
That's awesome.  I'm going to be there in April.  I'm currently stationed in MD and transferring to WA.  I'm taking 30 days leave between the two so that I can spend some time in Wyoming for a few weeks and then get my family settled in WA before I have to report to the ship.

Dave