Author Topic: why???  (Read 7981 times)

Offline biathlon

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
why???
« on: April 14, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »
Folks, Molon Labe is not fiction. It's prophecy and it's our fate to fullfill it. What few in state people we have now, myself included, probably won't be able to do this alone. We need the rest of you to show up and get the ball rolling. We have a saying here in Wyoming, "Cowboy up"!! As a native born and current resident I'm intimately familiar with the culture here and I am certain we can do this. I hope you'll trust my judgement. Time's running out folks and we here in Wy. need to set the example for the other states to follow. I'll be at the FSW jamboree in may driving a white F-150 with 5 county plates and hope all of you will introduce yourselves. See ya in Worland, b

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: why???
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:35:16 AM »
Biathlon, I agree, I believe, else I would not contribute here. Can you give us more, native, insight as to the feelings of other Wyomingites, is the word being spread yet? Do you have conversations with your friends / neighbors  which leads them to join the forum?  You are correct that it can not be done alone, I am wondering how many "locals" we will see joining in?  In my 27 years in Wyoming I met many who I believe will join and become leaders. What is your impression?   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

MarthaK

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 12:25:19 PM »
I would like to think that locals would be aware of what is going on in our country, but to be honest Tom and I have found more that many are  uneducated in what is going on in our country.  In November right after the San Francisco gun ban, KidGlock and I worked a gun show to help promote the Second Amendment Sisters.  Probably 2/3rds of the people hadn't even heard about that gun ban.   :o  Talking with my friends and aquaintances is like talking to a wall.  They are more interested in what is for dinner or the local gossip.  I had one "gentleman" inform me that women shouldn't be allowed to handle guns.  He won't speak or even look at me now.  I don't know what others have found, but we've found that many, many people will not be moved out of their comfort zones.  Personally, I think it will take a major crisis before things will change.

MarthaK

Offline biathlon

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »
Wyomiles, to answer your question about the feelings and opinions of other "native" Wyomingites I'd like to say first that I'm not the only person my age(51) that thought for certain that by the turn of the century we'd have at least 4 to 6 or 7 viable political parties to choose from instead of "Do I vote for Beavis or do I vote for Butthead?" To a person ALL the sentient beings I know personally are absolutly fed up with the old 2 party dumb and dumber choices we have now. Call it providence, careful planning, divine intervention, or just blind stupid luck, the timing is perfect for a serious 3rd party to emerge. Right now I have 3 other associates here at UW who are very interested in Bostons book, Molon Labe, and this forum. I hope they will drop in and register soon. I know how things work here. Good ideas spread rapidly in Wyoming. This FSW movement is the best idea here since Tom Horne. Patience. Don't let a few bumboclots ruin your enthusiasm. Hey,,,  if I bring the ammo can I try out your FAL and Dragunov Martha? b   

MarthaK

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 03:13:13 PM »
Tom has traded his FAL for an M1, so no luck there.  However, I would be more than happy to let you shoot my draganov anytime. 

Maybe the lack of interest we have had is the age difference.  We've noticed that people our ages (late 20's to early 30's) have a happy-go-lucky attitude about the governement in general. Either that or they want the government to take care of them - I tend to get irritable with those types.

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »
Well, I'm in that age group and I have neither of those attitudes. ;D 8)
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 10:06:25 PM »
from biathalon:
Folks, Molon Labe is not fiction. It's prophecy and it's our fate to fullfill it.
Many thanks, b, for that.

The FSW is really coming along now, with people moving to
Wyoming about every month now.  I think this forum has
had a great deal to do with that, and am all the more thankful
for those volunteers who got it off the ground (especially
Joseph Hodges for hosting/maintaining it). 

The most difficult part about moving to Wyoming is...deciding to do so.
Once that's done, things will begin to fall in place!

BTW, y'all, I've a modest and temporary place of my own to hang
my hat in Wyoming.
  Please don't ask me where (I'll announce that
later, much later), but those of you already in Wyoming can expect
to bump into me here and there!

Boston[/color]

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »
Does this mean you don't owe me a beer since you beat me there? ;D
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 01:01:03 PM »
My FSW bar tab was growing too fast, so I had to do something!

Boston

Offline John

• FSW Associate
  • Wyoming Housing Provider
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »
  Please don't ask me where (I'll announce that
later, much later), but those of you already in Wyoming can expect
to bump into me here and there!

Boston[/color]

Boston, are you saying you take your privacy seriously  :o?  Who would have guessed?!

Offline ScottBieser

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • I'm here! Where are the rest of you?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 02:38:52 PM »
Well, I've been here since May 27, 2005.

I'll take a Fat Tire.
 ;D

-- Scott Bieser
Online Graphic novel: Roswell, Texas
Galllery:www.scottbieser.com
Blog: www.bigheadpress.com/TheTimeSink

Hunter

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »
Make mine Crown 'n' Coke on the side, I hate beer.
Hunter

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 01:49:16 AM »
OK, before the entire population of Wyoming tries to
put it on my tab, the drink offer was for those FSW
Members
who moved to Wyoming before I did. 

It doesn't retroactively include those already in Wyoming
before the FSW was founded.  I'm pretty sure y'all know
that, but just in case...

Boston

Hunter

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 05:54:45 AM »
OK, no prob.

I'll bring my own Crown n coke.
 ;)

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 10:52:22 AM »
Maybe the lack of interest we have had is the age difference.  We've noticed that people our ages (late 20's to early 30's) have a happy-go-lucky attitude about the governement in general.

I've definitely noticed this myself. I think this is a very human tendency, to not pay attention to things that are not bothering you. Wyoming folks haven't been too bothered by government in the past so they aren't paying attention to it. It's very different here in Oregon where half the population hates government and half love it (very polarized). Reason being, of course, that government has gotten very intrusive. The good news is that reaction is building, for example Oregon is now the only state in the nation with a constitutional prohibition on regulatory takings (this time around it survived a Supreme Court challenge  ;D ).

The inattention of average Wyoming folks has allowed a lot of foxes to be guarding the chicken coop. They'd be outraged if they understood what was going on in the legislature. Those of us who know how bad things can get, are desperately needed to help that reaction build in Wyoming, in my opinion.
Laws turn men into slaves.