Author Topic: Share the ride (in a Cessna) to Worland w/ me  (Read 1887 times)

Offline John Corry

• Social Type
Share the ride (in a Cessna) to Worland w/ me
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:44:18 AM »
I am looking at the possibility of flying out to Worland for the FSW Jamboree.

I don't really want to go alone, and would like a) company and b) someone to share transportation costs.

I'm based in NE Georgia and could pick up/drop off anyone on the way...as long as it's not too far out of the way.

The airplane is a beautifully restored 1978 Cessna 182RG. It has long range tanks, dual GPS/Wx/Terrain/Traffic and enough useful load for 2 of us with full camping/shooting gear for a week. (about 500lbs each)

I am an instrument rated private pilot working on my commercial certificate and have about 275 hours...40 of which are in this airplane.

It'll be about a 10 hour flight and cost about $2300 worth of airplane rental and fuel.

If you are a private pilot and want to fly part of the way, so much the better.

Let me know if you're interested and I can give more details.

Offline AmbGun.com

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • The Meek Shall Inherit the Gulag.
    • The Ambidextral Gunfighter
Re: Share the ride (in a Cessna) to Worland w/ me
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:16:18 AM »
No airport screeners, perfect!

If you haven't flown out west, keep in mind that landings will be at higher altitudes
Author of
The Ambidextral Gunfighter
The Philosophy in Defense of Firearms

Offline John Corry

• Social Type
Re: Share the ride (in a Cessna) to Worland w/ me
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:33:16 AM »
I did a Mountain Flying XC clinic with one of the CFIs from Rocky Mountain Pilot's Association last summer. It was very educational and one of the most memorable days I've ever spent in an aircraft.

The route to Worland looks like it's mostly over the prairie, with a few passes to cross near the destination.

I think my plan would be to fly the bulk of the route on the first day, stop and spend the night somewhere short of the mountains and then cross the pass early the next morning while it's cool.