Author Topic: Wyoming is a Beautiful State  (Read 3888 times)

Offline FSP-Rebel

• Pro-liberty 100%
    • FTL
Wyoming is a Beautiful State
« on: April 28, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
But, unfortunately the FSW won't be as viable as the FSP. I wish yall luck though. Nhfree.com shows alot of exciting pro-freedom work in progress. But, I still hope WY denies the Real-ID act.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Offline Don Wills

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Wyoming is a Beautiful State
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 03:09:11 PM »
But, unfortunately the FSW won't be as viable as the FSP.

Don't be too hasty in your judgement of impact that the FSW folks will have over the next decade.? The FSP may have had a head start, but remember the tortoise (maybe a good mascot?)!

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »
Rebel,
We can ALL work toward a common cause. Some in the East and some in the West. I hope we both exceed our expectations!
Good luck to all who share our values.
Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »
FSP-Rebel,

NH is arguably the best state back East.
But there plenty of people who couldn't live there, regardless.

So, we'll just have to "make do" out West!

I hope, for NH's sake, that the FSP hasn't peaked out...
Good luck to you all!

Boston

Offline Daveasxx

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Voting Wyoming resident!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:35:51 PM »
I haven't been following FSP.  I thought they were having major problems with numbers.  FSW can take a county with a couple of thousand, maybe even hundreds in the smallest county.  And Wyoming is starting from a much better position to begin with freedom wise.  FSP will need ten's of thousands as I understand it.  I wish them all the best as this will be a concept that spreads like fire eventually and the more Free State movements--the better.  Execpt perhaps those who are willing to move to places that the gov gives them their sandwiches...ie: NYC   I have no problem with that if that's what they want as long as I'm left alone.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Fred Rogers

• Social Type
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:41:27 AM »
How much hope do folk hold for conversions of the native population?

I don't know any card-carrying Libertarians, Democrats, or Republicans.? I've said my voter registration lists me as a Democrat, so am I at risk of being personna non grata?? If one agrees that our elected officials have overstepped the authority granted to them, is it a stretch to imagine that folk who aren't aware of the situation would be as alarmed as the more informed??

A while back, shortly after election 2000, I learned from an employee that he had voted for Gore.? I knew he was a hunter.? After a coffee break or two, he was ashamed of his vote and was glad that Gore had not won election.? Why wasn't he informed?? Michigan has 750,000 hunters who take to the woods with rifles for deer season.? You'd think that if everyone of them knew the situation, not a one would have voted for Gore, or Kerry.? I'll hazard that a good many of them did vote for the greater of two evils simply because they did not know.? Is not knowing their fault?

Men for whom God is dead worship one another.  Crews

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 01:20:29 PM »
Is not knowing their fault?

I would have to say yes.  Our forefathers fought and died to give us freedom.  And with freedom comes responsibility.  Freedom loving people by nature just want to be left alone; however, we have the responsibility to be informed, to seek out the issues, to continue the fight (through politics) for freedom, not only for ourselves, but for our children.  Yes, it is very sad that so many are not informed, but that does not relieve them from their responsibilities.  After all, with freedom comes personal responsibility.

Dave
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."? Johann W. von Goeth

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »
I should have also added this.  I spent the last month in Wyoming.  There is so much to do and see.  I spent almost every morning and most evenings fishing, shooting, hunting varmits, and tromping around.  It is very easy to get out of touch with the whole world.  It takes a conscious effort to stay informed.  Back to the original title of the thread:  Wyoming is indeed beautiful!

Dave

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 09:37:05 AM »
Dave,
Ah the good life in Wyoming!!  Have you noticed any stars at night? Have you found a place that is so quiet, you think you have gone deaf ?  What kind of fish did you catch ?  Keep up the good "work". Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Daveasxx

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 01:29:26 PM »
What kind of fish did you catch

Mostly rainbow out of the gorge and a few salmon as well.  The ice on Fontinelle (sp?) was just retreating and they were biting like crazy there too.  It was great.  I was frying fish everyday!  I could get lost there and be completely happy.  There is so much to do that it's hard to actually go home ;)

DAve

Offline Paul Bonneau

• Member, In Wyoming
  • Administrative Staff
    • Wyoming Liberty Index
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 05:51:37 PM »
How much hope do folk hold for conversions of the native population?

Well, I don't think the word "conversions" is the correct one. Probably more like, we will be selling them on some concepts, at the same time we are absorbing some of theirs.   :)

Contrary to popular belief, there are some Democrats in Wyoming. And Freudenthal's not the only one.

It is indeed easy to get out of touch in a place like Wyoming. So some of us will have to try to keep in touch with the flock of foxes guarding the chicken coop...
Laws turn men into slaves.

appaloosablue

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:38:51 AM »
But, unfortunately the FSW won't be as viable as the FSP

If that be the truth in the long run I would rather die trying in WY.? End of story as Hunter would say.

Brandy

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 05:56:02 PM »
Amen, Appalusablue!  I've only been here a short time, but I finally feel as if I've really come home and at last have enough air to breathe!

We will accomplish more by our example of integrity, self responsibility and acceptance of others as we want them to accept us. We will win more people to liberty by showing them the way than by all the browbeating or voting so many seem to feel is necessary.

Let's just concentrate on being good neighbors, trading fairly and freely with all. MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.