Author Topic: Holding down the southeast corner -- Cheyenne  (Read 2015 times)

Offline ScottBieser

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • I'm here! Where are the rest of you?
Holding down the southeast corner -- Cheyenne
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »
So's the linoleum don't roll up.  ;D

I've been in Cheyenne for almost a year now. I know few others are planning to settle near here, but maybe a few will. And being at the I-25/I-80 crossroads, a lot of you will be passing through from time to time.

As a self-employed illustrator my time is fairly flexible, so anyone wanting to stop in town for a meeting over dinner or lunch or beer is welcome to give me a shout. We have several fine restaurants and watering holes in town.

-- Scott Bieser
Online Graphic novel: Roswell, Texas
Galllery:www.scottbieser.com
Blog: www.bigheadpress.com/TheTimeSink

Offline NorthGunner

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
Re: Holding down the southeast corner -- Cheyenne
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:29:22 AM »
Hi Scott,

Renee and I will be looking forward to meeting you at the Jam!  We want to buy property up in Crook County but are thinking of living in Cheyenne for at least a year til we can rebuild our finances after the move (it helps that the company I work for has an office there).  If this happens we would love to meet with you over dinner or lunch (Renee and I are pretty open to places..Renee especially loves Chinese!).  Renee will probably have a ton of ???'s for you,lol!  We had a chance to see 'Roswell'; it's great (can't wait to see more!).

Yours In Liberty
NorthGunner
(Currently in Arizona...Dreaming of Wyoming!)
"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue" Marcus Tullius Cicero

Remember: "Evil exists because good men don't kill the gov. officials committing it"
Kurt Hofmann

Offline ScottBieser

• FSW Member, In Wyoming
  • I'm here! Where are the rest of you?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:15:57 AM »
There's a Chinese place on Lincolnway a little east of downtown I've been meaning to check out, called "Good Friends." Their menu looks good but I haven't had a chance to eat there yet.

When we get a craving for Chinese food we go to a take-out place ("Hong King Diner") near our house. There's also a "Super China Buffet" place on Dell Range if you're into buffets.

Cheyenne is booming right now, although housing is not nearly as expensive as around Jackson or even Laramie (college town). Easy to find work.

-- Scott Bieser
Online Graphic novel: Roswell, Texas
Galllery:www.scottbieser.com
Blog: www.bigheadpress.com/TheTimeSink

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:07 AM »
Scott, what is causing the boom in Cheyenne?  Same as everywhere else,gas,or is something else going on?  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785