Author Topic: Park County Newbie  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
Park County Newbie
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:33:22 PM »
 ;D  So glad to have found this forum!  We moved to WY 1-1/2 years ago and just learned of the FSW a couple of months ago - just found this forum today.

We're getting geared up for this weekend and will be at the Jamboree!  Looking forward to meeting other like-minded folks! We'll be the family of 6 - hoping and praying our boys will be able to continue growing up free!
?Political correctness is really a subjective list put together by the few to rule the many?a list of things one must think, say, or do. It affronts the right of the individual to establish his or her own beliefs.? Mark Berley, Argos, Spring 1998

MarthaK

Re: Park County Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »
Glad to have another woman on the forum!  Where exactly is Park county?  or at least which direction?  We will be the family of 5 (3 boys) at the Jam.  We are planning on arriving Friday afternoon.  We are not sure how long we are staying.  It depends on the kid with the broken leg.  Hopefully we can get together and chat.

MarthaK

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 01:10:45 PM »
Hi Martha!  Sorry to hear about the broken leg!  Park Co. is in the NW, Cody is the county seat.   Which area are you in?  I am glad to see you and the other ladies here too, it'll be nice to get to know you all and be part of the support team  ;D
?Political correctness is really a subjective list put together by the few to rule the many?a list of things one must think, say, or do. It affronts the right of the individual to establish his or her own beliefs.? Mark Berley, Argos, Spring 1998

Offline Barry Turner

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:18:51 AM »
Hi!? I'm glad to see more folks from Park County here.? I've been in Cody 4 1/2 years and Wyoming 13 1/2.? Hope you're able to go to the Jamboree.

Barry
A lie can travel halfway round cyberspace while the truth is logging into its blog.  BT

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 06:39:10 AM »
Good morning Barry! Thanks for the welcome, glad to see we're not the only ones in Park Co too! We really love being in Wy and are so thankful we were able to move here when we did. Still trying to get used to the wind and the surprise snow - especially the 3-4 inches we had the day after Easter  :o    We moved  here from NC, quite the change!

Offline Ray

• Reader
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »
"Where exactly is Park county?  or at least which direction? "

Park County is where people in Big Horn county go to buy groceries.

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »
 ;D  Ray that is so true!  We lived in Big Horn Co. for five months when we first got to WY and it's either Park Co. or Billings for a true variety to pick from!

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »
Survivalmama, Welcome! glad you found us.  I just got back from the JAM and before I get busy unloading the camping gear I wanted to check back into the forum . Did I see you guys at the Jam? I am a little confused as I met so many people it is going to be a while before I sort everyone out. :) And putting real names to forum names has me in a fog  :P . I must be getting older!
Anyway I would love to hear more about your experiences in Wyoming so far,as I am sure many others would. There are many here trying to decide on a move and all of your thoughts would be very useful to that end.  Thanks  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Wyowoman

• Mover and Shaker
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 10:50:14 PM »
Hi Miles,
I don't believe we met but I was the one chasing the twins around  ::)   thankfully they do grow up  ;D   It was a long but good day, we were at the range all day and then went to the campground around 7, left around 9:30; at least the kids slept on the way home.  DH and 5yo went back on Monday to do some more talking and shooting, they had a great time then too but I didn't think it'd be a very good idea to take the littler ones out again.  They were very good considering they spent most of their day Saturday either in a car seat or the stroller watching us shoot - very good sports about the whole thing - but I'm sorry I missed out on the company on Monday  :-\

Hope to meet more of you soon!  Hope unloading the camping gear goes by quickly for you!

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »
OK, I met DH and your little one on Monday morning while we were packing up. When our two were little they spent a lot of time in the car seats when we would travel. Now that they are teen agers I miss them as little ones  :D. At least we have lots of video to look back on the good old days. Enjoy them while they are little, they grow up to fast.  I have all the gear off of the truck but it will take me a few days to get all of the dust out of everything.  Well I hope you can make it to the Jam next year so we can visit more. Take care.   Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785