Author Topic: FSW T-shirts - Just an Idea  (Read 17859 times)

Offline Jason

• Rather Interested
FSW T-shirts - Just an Idea
« on: June 01, 2006, 01:04:41 AM »
Administrator: I think this is the right place for this post, but if not please move it.

I stumbled on the below site and it gave me an idea:

http://www.zazzle.com/
The Internet’s # 1 Website for Making Custom T-shirts

We should make a FSW t-shirt - it would help get the word out among other things, especially to those of us who aren't yet in WY. Anyone here a t-shirt designer or artist? That company will take your picture or design and words and put them on the t-shirt however you want. So, if someone has the FSW logo and a FSW slogan/tag line/whatever you want to call it, then a t-shirt can be put together very fast. I've never personally used them but they seem like a good company. And, the more you order, the cheaper the price - goes at $13.95 I think and if you buy 200 you get them for $8.95/ea. Plus the designer gets 10% of the sale/profit (not sure which) when their t-shirt is bought by another customer on the site.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think. Anyone interested in trying it out?

J
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:06:00 PM by Boston »
SP76

"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war."

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
    • Richard's tech pages and GPG public key
Re: FSW T-shirts - Just an Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:35:49 AM »
T-shirts are a great idea, but those prices are pretty high.  A friend of mine has a t-shirt business with an automatic 6-color press, and even using nice shirts and multiple colors, the price should be around four or five dollars.
Get my GPG/PGP public key at: http://www.hodges.org/rh/public_rhodges.asc
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline SteveL

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Ex-Kalifornian
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »
T-shirts would be good, how 'bout bumper stickers too.
You say cynical like it's something bad.

Offline FSW Forum Administrator

• Administrator
    • Free State Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 09:48:08 AM »
That would be more in Boston's realm than mine.   ;D

My wife an I were tossing around the idea of bringing stickers, bumber stickers, iron-ons, etc. to the Jam to sell (with a percentage of the profits going to FSW coffers of course) but in the end ran out of time to get them printed (also were unsure of any copyright toes we might step on). A friend of ours is a graphics designer, so I'll need to contact Boston and see if we can work out something.
Thanks,
The Management

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:10 AM »
I was thinking about beer (or soda) glasses with the FSW logo.  In rather low quantities, they can be less than a buck each.  As well as regular imprint colors, this company also has "satin etch" (frosted glass) which I think would look nice for the logo.
http://www.customglassware.com/printed_glasses_215.htm

I sent Boston a PM some time back, offering to have the glasses made with the FSW logo and offering them for sale, but I have not heard back yet.
If I ever find a dead cat, I will put it in a black box and give it to a physicist friend.  Then when he opens the box, I will shout, "Hey! You killed my cat!"

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »
I'm not sure what value a FSW bumper sticker would have for us already in Wyoming, but you can make your own easily with clear plastic contact "paper" and some acrilic paints. You'll need a stencil for the letters and maybe someone could come up with a stencil for the logo if anyone wanted it. You can use them on a bumper, or letter backwards and use them in the car window.

Be warned, however, that these are absolute hell to remove, so be sure you really want it first. LOL

My sister in California has one that says: I'm Out OF Estrogen and I have a Gun! BACK OFF!

I don't know why, but she's never been pulled over by the cops. She leads a charmed life, for sure.

MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Lady Liberty

• Administrative Staff
  • "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty."
    • Lady Liberty's Constitution Clearing House
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »
Good idea. That's why FSW T-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs and more are in the works.  ;D

Actually, they have been for awhile, but progress is finally being made.

NOTICE TO THOSE WHO WOULD MAKE THEIR OWN: The FSW logo, name, and other artwork (including the coin graphics) is copyrighted.

Richard, if you've got someone who will do QUALITY work (I'll need to see samples) and will accept payment and handle shipping on behalf of the group, let me know. I don't think anybody is averse to price shopping.  :)
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." Patrick Henry

Offline rhodges

• Administrative Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 08:21:05 PM »
Richard, if you've got someone who will do QUALITY work (I'll need to see samples) and will accept payment and handle shipping on behalf of the group, let me know. I don't think anybody is averse to price shopping.  :)

I don't know anyone in the business of glassware.  The company I linked seemed like the best of the few that I found on the Internet, but I have not done business with them.  As for samples, they might have some generic examples for sale (or maybe not).  Since the first order of 144 would only come to $176 ($0.98 x 144 + $35), I would recommend just placing the order and seeing how they come out.

As for the t-shirts, I don't remember getting any feedback good or bad, but I'll assume that everyone was satisfied with my friend's job last year :)

I am not in any kind of selling business, but if nobody else is interested, I guess that I would volunteer to buy the product and ship them out for exactly what my costs are (and not one penny more).  If you or Boston feel you require a royalty, perhaps you could stipulate a donation with each order. 

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 09:28:01 PM »
One suggestion on shirts, if we could get a larger logo/slogan on the back, and a couple different versions, then I'd buy several.
From what I saw the extra shirts from last year just had the logo in the "front pocket" location.

And re: stickers and shirts for people already in Wyoming, it'd be nice to have a liberty-themed design without necessarily spelling out the Free State Wyoming project, to keep it more "low profile" (i.e. go along with our existing policy of not speaking to the locals about free state/Libertarian (big "L")-type of stuff) .........

Oh, and if we could get them in Wyoming-type colors like beige and sage, that'd be great.
RazorCityRifleman, I thought your wardrobe at the jamboree weekend was great!  For those of you not there, he only wore civvie clothes but they were all in landscape-appropriate colors and it might as well have been camo.  It made me want to toss my bright colored fleeces and such. ;D

(hmm, my one suggestion turned into three..........  :D)
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Lady Liberty

• Administrative Staff
  • "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty."
    • Lady Liberty's Constitution Clearing House
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:25:30 PM »

I don't know anyone in the business of glassware.  The company I linked seemed like the best of the few that I found on the Internet, but I have not done business with them.  As for samples, they might have some generic examples for sale (or maybe not).  Since the first order of 144 would only come to $176 ($0.98 x 144 + $35), I would recommend just placing the order and seeing how they come out.

As for the t-shirts, I don't remember getting any feedback good or bad, but I'll assume that everyone was satisfied with my friend's job last year :)

We're already working with a company that will handle everything and without a minimum order to boot. I'm well aware of the quality of the work they provide, and they're excellent. I expect we'll stick with that for now.

I am not in any kind of selling business, but if nobody else is interested, I guess that I would volunteer to buy the product and ship them out for exactly what my costs are (and not one penny more).  If you or Boston feel you require a royalty, perhaps you could stipulate a donation with each order. 

No need for that, Richard, though your offer is a substantial one and certainly appreciated. For now, we'll take care of it via existing vendor relationships. We'll make an announcement here when we're good to go.

Thanks, all!

P.S. Jared, if you keep coming up with more good ideas, PM me with them and we'll see what we can do.  :)
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." Patrick Henry

Offline Money Dollars

• Casual Observer
  • Future Rapper
    • MoneyDollars.com
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »
Any word on the T-shirts?

I need one to wear in NH  ;D

Offline Crispin

• Rather Interested
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 10:39:12 PM »
Good Evening,

Any T-Shirts, left? I can think of a variety of places in the Washington, Metro area that I would wear such.

Regards,
Crispin

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 11:02:57 PM »
Quite frankly, the bottleneck to this all has been solely I/Me.

Sorry about that!
Things are now quieting down for me, so...

LL has some preliminary designs for me to approve, and
we'll have some basic FSW products soon, and likely before
Christmas.

T-shirts and ballcaps are a go, and mugs likely are too.
More details soon...

I think a poll here would be helpful.
Two polls, actually:  one for T-shirt sizes, and the other
for possible other products.

Boston

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 11:53:27 PM »
Was XL intentionally omitted?
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 12:15:12 AM »
My goof--thanks for pointing that out, Jared.
I've added XL, but please re-vote.

Boston