Author Topic: Help  (Read 1744 times)

Offline rwright

• Live Free
Help
« on: June 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM »
My name is Ron and I'm interested in FSW. My wife and I have a young family, we have three boys ages 12,8 and 7. We live in southern Vermont, and we have just started  talking about moving out to Wyoming. The only thing keeping us here is my job in security at a nuclear power plant,  that I've been at for seventeen years. We would like to know what the Wyoming job market is like, and the housing situation as well. What  would be the best area for  My family. We are Christians, my  wife is a stay at home mom her job is a lot hard than mine, I must admit. She is a wonderful women she deserves and so do our children, to live and be free. The gun laws are great in Vermont but I for see changes  heading our way. We are surrounded and are being  over run by Liberals. The Liberals want to change things to be more like the states they came from. H E L P !!!

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:05:01 AM »
Howdy Ron, and welcome here. Please see the threads in the jobs section. http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?board=11.0

Have you ever been to Wyoming ?  I spent 27 years in the South West corner of the state and raised my two kids there. We loved it. Take your time looking around the site there is all sorts of info here.
And if she would like to there is a thread for your wife to introduce herself and to get to know the other fine ladies here. http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?board=46.0

Be sure to ask if you need help navigating here.  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

MarthaK

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
RWright,

I can understand your wanting to get out of VT.  My parents and extended family all live there.  Mom and Dad hate it, and are just waiting to be able to move back west.  They tell me of some of the things that are going on there, and it is hard to believe.  Wyoming is truly a different world.  WyoMiles is right look around, there is a wealth of information here. 

I too have 3 boys and am a stay-at-home mother.  Encourage your wife to join the forum.  Ladies are sadly outnumbered on this forum  ;).  We'd love some new insights.

Martha

appaloosablue

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 08:30:51 AM »
Welcome,

The first thing that comes to my mind is can you retire in 3 years?? If you can that might make a difference in your time line.? If you can't then does the time in with the company outweigh the prospect of living in WY with like minded people?

I too stay at home with my children.? I am a RN.? We have 6 kids---------I think that 'our'(collective) children have the potential of building life long friendships with each other.? That settles my soul that there are other parents with similar values raising children.

My husband works for a uranium mine.....can your skills carryover to this field?

Questions?.....................We got answers. :D? Ok maybe not all the answers but we'll sure try.

Brandy

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 04:05:30 PM »
Welcome Ron,

There are a great many people here, most willing to help you and your family in any way possible. Once you have the determination to make liberty your priority, the rest will come along. I know that so well because I left an almost perfect job in California... at the age of 59, to move into the total unknown of Wyoming!! I was only able to do it with the help and encouragement of all the wonderful people involved with the FSW ideal.

Once you make up your mind, it will happen.

Also, consider the MUCH lower cost of living here in Wyoming and you won't be nearly as worried about things. There is plenty of work here for anyone who wants to work, and every opportunity to make a wonderful life for your family - with friends and neighbors who share your values and beliefs.

Believe in yourself and trust God. We're here to help. You will all be in my prayers.
MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.