Author Topic: Under 30s?  (Read 26400 times)

Offline Max

• Social Type
Under 30s?
« on: June 18, 2006, 01:13:48 PM »
At the Jam it became evident, in case it was not already clear, that most of the FSW people are over 30 or under 20. Besides me, Jared, Terrible Claw, and his bro, are there any other folks in their twenties?

Offline Richard

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Under 30s?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:10:28 PM »
You forgot me Max, I am 20.

Offline manfromnevada

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:27:23 PM »
I just celebrated my 20th anniversary of my 35th birthday! Does that count?
Mac
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
<Edmund Burke>

laurel

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:21:58 AM »
I'm 20 and Mikeyali1776 is 25. :)

Offline SteveL

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
  • Ex-Kalifornian
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 05:55:59 AM »
I'm 25
You say cynical like it's something bad.

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:05:26 AM »
So there are some twenty-something.... males. Now if I could just put a face to you. I met so many people at the shoot that it is hard to recall.

Now the big question: are there any under-30 women? Sgt. Slappy posted elsewhere that his to-do list included a)moving, b) building house, and c) getting a wife. I resonate strongly with that last step, though I don't like it. I imagine that I would find a woman who wants to travel together with me to build a new life in WY... but if I wait for that to happen, I may never move. "Getting a wife" seems to be the best way to put it.

So the question to all you unattached young'uns like me, and all you not-so-young'uns who solved this problem- just where do you go to find your mate when you live in small town Wyoming?

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:06:42 AM »
And not to be terribly intrusive, but where (in general) do y'all live? I would like to be within an hour's drive of at least some of you... I am looking at moving to Gillette or Sundance, FYI.

MarthaK

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 11:17:45 AM »
So the question to all you unattached young'uns like me, and all you not-so-young'uns who solved this problem- just where do you go to find your mate when you live in small town Wyoming?

I've heard Russia has mail-order brides.   ;D

I met Tom in high school and got married at 18 - had Riley 2 years later.  So I'm interested in how everyone else "hooks up". 

Martha

BTW - We arejust barely over 30.  Does this disqualify us?

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:52:18 AM »
Hogwash to being "disqualified."

My point with this thread is that folks my general age (ie, past high school, and not yet into the family years) have specific issues (such as finding spouses) that most folks in the FSW worked out (or not) long ago.

So if anybody has light to shed on these *tender* years, then please chime in.

Offline Richard

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 12:04:48 PM »
Hey Max, I am also thinking about the same type of thing.  I was the guy in the MultiCam BDU's with the beard if you remember me.

There are lots of young people in Casper, partly why I picked here to start out.  It's also a good place to start a business.  Casper College is here.   Also I have heard there are even more in Laramie, which is where the only four year college in Wyoming is.

As for crook county, I've heard that you prolly gotta drive to spearfish(I think), SD for the nearest college town to meet young single women.

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »
So maybe the plan is to move to Crook or Weston, work for a bit while scouting out the eventual place to settle down, then buy it and move to the city where more money can be made, while paying the mortgage, and find a wife there.

Glad it is not complicated  ::)

RichardF- Were you on the right side of the left pit at the RWVA?

Offline Richard

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 12:25:43 PM »
Max - I was in the right pit at the RWVA.  I only met you and your parents during the lunch break on one of the days,  I may have to post a pic eventually, lol.

I am renting an apartment in Wyoming getting started with a business and eventually get some land or something in crook county to build a place.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:56:53 AM by RichardF »

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 01:08:50 PM »
What kind of business are you starting? And are you looking for roommates, either long- or short-term?

Offline Richard

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 02:57:04 PM »
Hey Max, I am starting a web development business.  I don't think I could have a roomate right now, as my apartment is too small, and I will be working out of it also.  It only has 1 bedroom.  I need space for an office in it too.   

The apartment prices are pretty cheap, right outside of Caper also.  The best stuff in casper is at least $400/month, I have seen some for 350 though.  That is pretty cheap compared to where I am from also.  In glenrock, about 30 minutes from casper, there were two bedrooms apartments going for like 275.  Douglas is 45 minutes away, might be a better choice..

I'll send you  a more detailed PM in a little while.

laurel

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
Hey, I'm a girl! But I'm rather taken, so it's kind of irrelevant for the 'finding a spouse' discussion. Maybe I'll threaten Mike that if I don't get a ring one of these days, I'll run off with another FSW guy. ;) Kidding! Unfortunately I don't know any like-minded ladies that I can bring along just yet, save my sister, but she's only 16. I guess by the time we move, she'll be legal... Hehe!

Anyway, we're not sure where we're headed for in WY yet, as it's at least two years off (have to finish college first) but right now we're kind of leaning towards Sundance.