Author Topic: Under 30s?  (Read 26078 times)

Offline Richard

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Under 30s?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 04:45:48 PM »
Hey Laurel, I am at least glad to know that girls like you exist!  I am sure to find one around here in Casper shortly.  I haven't gotten around town to meet much people yet because I have so much stuff to do just moving into an apartment, but I will have time to shortly. 

Hey any guys, If you've ever had trouble dating women or think you'll never be able to find a girl, PM me and I can't point you in the right direction.  I suffered from "nice guy" syndrome for most of my teen years being too shy, lack of self confidence, and what not.  I am still working on it a little, but I got some reading material that will change your life if you have ever been in that position.

laurel

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »
Hey Laurel, I am at least glad to know that girls like you exist!

Well thank you! I actually have a funny story on that - when Mike and I were at the Spokane gun show the other day, we passed a table with a nice AR-15 on it. The two guys behind the table were an older gentleman and a younger guy, probably mid-twenties, military haircut, handsome. I stopped to oogle and Mike said "Hey, that's pretty much like what I want to build for you" and I replied "Oh, pretty please? Can I have it?" The younger guy behind the table stared at me for a second, turned to the other, pointed at me and said "SEE?! I need one of those!" It was rather cute, and I'll tell you what - if I wasn't taken, that guy would have probably gotten my phone number!

Anyway, I have a point here: the more I get into this liberty-lovin' life, the more I find women who share the same views and passions I do. If I can find them, so can you! You seem to have this figured out, but I'll my $0.02 anyway. Gun-toting, revolution-planning, freedom-loving women are not the type to like pretty-boys, wimps, metrosexuals, or babies. We can take care of ourselves and we know it, so we don't want a guy we have to drag around. You better be confident, independent, motivated, and willing to fight for us and your way of life. Like BTP says in the Gun Bible, women like us can fight for ourselves, but we shouldn't have to. Bottom line: be a man, be a gentleman, exude self-confidence, and be yourself - and you'll snag a FSW kinda gal in no time. :)

Offline Terrible Claw

• FSW Founding Member, Wyoming Bound
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »

Anyway, I have a point here: the more I get into this liberty-lovin' life, the more I find women who share the same views and passions I do. If I can find them, so can you! You seem to have this figured out, but I'll my $0.02 anyway. Gun-toting, revolution-planning, freedom-loving women are not the type to like pretty-boys, wimps, metrosexuals, or babies. We can take care of ourselves and we know it, so we don't want a guy we have to drag around. You better be confident, independent, motivated, and willing to fight for us and your way of life. Like BTP says in the Gun Bible, women like us can fight for ourselves, but we shouldn't have to. Bottom line: be a man, be a gentleman, exude self-confidence, and be yourself - and you'll snag a FSW kinda gal in no time. :)

I can see how quickly a guy could develop a crush on you, Laurel!? My gal will be imported with me when I get into WY permanently.? We met while serving together in the Army in '01.? She's a beautiful, strong-minded girl who is more capable than she thinks.? She's going to need some girlfriends up there.We plan on settling up in the NE corner.? She's 22 and I'm four years older.

The Mangled, Terrible Claw
(one of the Daves)
"It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible-reading people." - Horace Greeley, 1852

laurel

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »
We're looking at the NE corner as well. You should get her posting on here - have her PM me, we can chat! :)

Offline PatriotAR15

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »
I cant find a like-minded christian gal out here in NJ (with its high population density, and assumed more chances).But I have alas, I cant find anyone here. (which make sence, since most people here are brainwashed hive-minded morons) But I also havnt had much luck finding such ladies on the net either. So much for the information age;).

I figure if I plug into a good church in the area, I MIGHT find some good ole fashioned christian gal with a general distrust of the fuds, who also likes guns =). Course, that could be wishfull thinking.
Happiness is a cold gun, and a warm beer... Also could use a cure for dyslexia. - Jack

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 08:03:21 PM »
OK Max you asked for some sage advise. I am 47 , been married 21 years, two kids. I remember when I was 20 something like it was yesterday! ?Great time of life , but I remember getting caught up in thinking I had to be like my parents and thier parents before them. You know ,part of the american dream. Get educated, get working, get a wife, get a family, etc. So I was always worried that I wasn't "getting it done" I wish when I was young I could have seen things as I see them now, hence the old saying (insert your choice of old sayings).

So my advice would be to slow down, live everyday, there is no doubt in my mind that if you are to find a wife she will find you,and you will find her.
Don't tell my wife but when I was in my twenties every girl I dated was a potential wife, I spent a lot of time and energy trying to find the person I was going to share my life with. It literally drove me crazy.I was to worried about not finding her. When I was 24 I gave up trying to find her.No more women for me, I said. I went back to school and took a job at the college in the chemistry dept., washing glassware. My boss was a 23 year old female. The first day on the job ,after cleaning about a hundred beakers ,and feeling very proud of the great work I had done, She came over, looked at each beaker, and proceded to tell me that I would wash them again and again untill they were clean.... I hated her!

Today she still is my boss, but I love her. ?:) This event changed my whole life. And it was totally unexpected.

I know there are lots of women your age in Wyoming. They are in school or working at thier jobs, just like everyone else. They go shopping,go to church,go to the recreation centers. Have friends( who are probobly always triing to fix them up with someone? ) They are all around you! So I would say to you, get to Wyoming, concentrate on finding a job and a home. Spend the first year traveling around Wyoming and getting to know people. This will help you figure out where you fit in and help you decide where the best place for you is. If you are one of those guys who are very comfortable meeting new people you will soon have many friends and your wife may be among them.( I was always very shy around women so fate helped me out.) If you are shy you will grow out of it,and the people in Wyoming will introduce themselves and make it easier for you to be yourself, at least that was my experience. Just look out for yourself first, she will show up, maybe even when you least expect it. ;D ;D

Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 09:30:35 PM »
Hey, me and your sister are less apart in age than my parents. Dinner at your place, Thursday, I am happy to cook...

laurel

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 10:41:01 PM »
Hey, me and your sister are less apart in age than my parents. Dinner at your place, Thursday, I am happy to cook...

Our folks are 14 years apart, so nobody in THIS family is too phased by an age gap. ;D

I'll PM you back - Mike just headed to work, but I'll ask him what he wants to do (lunch or dinner, what day, etc.) and get back to you. Who'da thunk we'd find FSW'ers not yet in WY, and 10 minutes from us!?

Offline ZackSkrip

• Rather Interested
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 11:53:42 PM »
Max, can't believe you forgot about ME, your SKS ball-and-dummy...errr... buddy (not to mention being in WA as well)!

I hear ya about the ladies. well... kinda. I mean, dang, they're everywhere, and they really aren't that hard to talk to (as long as you be yourself, they can spot a fake just as easily...no, probably more easily than we can), but finding one that doesn't mind listening to you tell her about which gun you plan on buying next, or helping you find a used RV and also locate a family that doesn't mind you storing it on their property while you prepare for the future gun-ban and the subsequent haul-ass to wyoming, well, they are a bit more difficult to find.

So far my plan has been to be myself. The cute barrista starts asking you what your plans are for the day, tell her the truth. "Well I am going to the rifle range and work on my shooting for an hour or two, what are you doing?" Eventually we'll find one that doesn't look at us funny and then act busy for the rest of the time.

My goal right now is to work on getting rid of my financial debt and getting my own place, etc. I don't think of this as being a stepping stone (at least not towards a girl), but rather a way to get rid of the complications in my life. I want to be free to pick up and go if the opportunity strikes. Or even more short term, to finally feel like I am at "home"; I've been moving around so much because of school that I haven't been in one place for more than 8 months in the last 6 years. Totally tiring.

I don't have problems finding girls to go hang out with, but I have a major problem finding girls that I like to go out with, but this just reminded me of something a youth pastor told me. I have to become the man that would attract the kind of girl that I am looking for. I just aint him right now. (this is sooo much harder than getting the nerve to talk to her, or to keep that aweful third grade stuttering down  ;D ).

Hey Richard hook me up with that PM, I'm interested (I was the guy with the Glock on my hip and the red hoodie when it got cold at night).

Hey Miles, thanks for that. I was sitting in my room trying to wright the other day and I got frustrated because in the story I was writing I wanted to present a change in the main character from standard run of the mill cowardice to courage, but I couldn't do it. I don't have the life experience to know what courage looks like. My youth and naivete was working against me. I always appreciate hearing from guys who have been there and done that. I try to tell my younger siblings how not to make the same mistakes I did in HS and college but then they just go and do it. I can only imagine what my dad thinks of me  ::)

Hope to see you all again, sooner rather than later.

Zack

Offline Richard

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 01:04:50 AM »
Hey, Thanks for the insight Laurel. 

This turned out to be a productive thread so far.  Showing the Young Folk's( or Under 30's) presence on the board!  It's good to know.  You all just need to quit making excuses and come to Wyoming!  ;D

Ya'll at least need to plan some trips up here in the meantime.

All of you who have PM'ed me I will try to respond to them tomarrow.  I am a busy guy. 

laurel

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 01:08:46 AM »
You all just need to quit making excuses and come to Wyoming!

My big problem is not letting Wyoming be my excuse to run off from school (again)!

Must... get... degree... :D

In fact, I was just on U of W's website, thinking, "Hmmm... we could just take off for WY now and transfer..." Though with a new lease signed for at least a year, Mike having just finished training for a higher-paying job, and only two years left of school - I think we'll be stuck here for now. :D

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 12:10:27 PM »
Zack, I remember you, but only that you shoot a hell of a lot better than me. What else is there to remember?  ;D

I am wyoming bound very soon, like late August, as I just delivered my Honors Thesis and am now semi-officially graduated (transcripts come out in August).

Remind me Zack where you live.

And it is nice to know that there are some young folk around.

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »
Zack said...
 "Hey Miles, thanks for that. I was sitting in my room trying to wright the other day and I got frustrated because in the story I was writing I wanted to present a change in the main character from standard run of the mill cowardice to courage, but I couldn't do it. I don't have the life experience to know what courage looks like. My youth and naivete was working against me. I always appreciate hearing from guys who have been there and done that. I try to tell my younger siblings how not to make the same mistakes I did in HS and college but then they just go and do it. I can only imagine what my dad thinks of me ."

My reply ...

Sometimes I think just getting out of bed in the morning takes courage, living life in america takes courage. "It is the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty,danger,pain,etc., without fear. " - Webster.

Many times fear is in our own minds and for some can be so overwhelming that they cannot even leave thier house. So each of us knows what courage is if we really break it down, we use courage every day .  I ,myself, am still young and find out every week how naive I am and to what extent I have lived very sheltered from reality. Bostons writings have shown me this, this forum, and its many wise contributors,young and old, opens my eyes continually . So I have only "been there, done that" based on my jpourney through this life. There are many other folks here who have been through much more than I ,and have experienced life threatening amounts of courage. I find that I learn from people of all ages , but only if I am open to what they have to teach me. My belief in this regard is that everyone  ,everyone,  who comes into my life ,even if only for a few moments, has something to show me. The hard part is having the presence of mind to be able to recognize and accept the lesson.                                     
                              " when the student is ready, a teacher will appear." 
You made me smile when you mentioned trying to pass along your knowledge to your younger siblings. You will experience this throughout your life.   I could only escape the frustration of this when I realized that each of us is on a different journey and sometimes you can talk untill you are blue in the face, with someone you care about, and they will still have to experience the thing you are warning them about, on thier own. 

As to your father, remember he too is on a journey through life and looks at everything based on his experience. We males have  a complicated relationship with our dads. (As do the females) I myself spent a lot of time trying to please my father, and now that I am older I realize that I made a lot of bad decisions based on that. Now that I am older,and a father myself I can see that at the end of the day he loves me, it may be very deep down inside, I may have dissapointed him, and I know he was pissed at me many times for the stupid stunts I pulled, but he will always be my dad.  If you are lucky your dad is at a place in his journey to be able to sit back and look at his children with a sly, knowing, grin.

Miles

PS. If you younguns think this oldun is hijacking your thread just ignore me  and I'll go away. :D :D
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline biathlon

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »
All you young single guys need to make at least one trip to Laramie. Trust me on this one. Show up in late aug or early sept. b

Offline Max

• Social Type
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »
We have just started having the Summer Orientation for new freshman on my campus, so I know just what you mean. The pre-frosh girls are cute, but more in a scared puppy way than a 'that's interesting' kind of way.

And to all the guys, if you are going to get a college girl, get her while she is a freshman. It sounds like Mike has done this; good job. You see, freshman girls have almost no idea how to act, and they are highly impressionable. Even sophomores have a great deal more confidence- stay away from them. And once they are seniors, you are screwed, and not in a good way. They know what they want and if you are in that picture, great, and if not, tough.

(With apologies to Lauren and all other women)

(But not too many, as everything I say above is true)