Author Topic: Things like this are why I moved from Jersey.  (Read 2385 times)

Offline havoc1969

• Social Type
Things like this are why I moved from Jersey.
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »

NEWS RELEASE
?PATHETIC SHAM,? SAYS CCRKBA ABOUT JERSEY CITY HANDGUN ORDINANCE
BELLEVUE, WA ? The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) today called the one-gun-a-month ordinance passed by the Jersey City, NJ city council ?a pathetic sham? designed to give the public a false impression that this will address the city?s violent crime problems.

?These one-gun-per-month measures will not prevent dangerous criminals from arming themselves,? said CCRKBA Executive Director Joe Waldron. ?All these kinds of laws ever accomplish is to make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to buy firearms. There is no evidence that any such law ever stopped a single crime. This is nothing more than a ?feel-good? effort to deceive the good citizens of Jersey City that their council has struck a blow for law and order.

The council action came at the end of a debate involving supporters and opponents of the measure.

?Somebody in Jersey City, or any other community, is going to have to show me proof that a one-gun-a-month law has stopped a crime,? Waldron said. ?Essentially, what you have with this vote is the Jersey City Council insulting the intelligence of its residents, and we?re disappointed that some residents seem to not mind that. Law-abiding firearms owners, of course, are intelligent enough to realize they?re being penalized for the illegal acts of people they don?t know, and over whom they have no control.

?It clearly appears that this ordinance is in conflict with state law,? Waldron noted. ?Not surprisingly, this measure won the blind support of CeaseFire New Jersey. They are the same extremists that supported the ?smart gun? legislation, and they have never met a radical gun restriction that they did not immediately fall in love with.

?CeaseFire New Jersey is essentially a criminal support group,? Waldron added, ?because they fight for laws that provide a safe working environment for criminals. You do not fight crime by disarming victims.?

-END-

Offline PatriotAR15

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
Re: Things like this are why I moved from Jersey.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:41:16 PM »
Reading things like this keep getting me thinking, "I cant leave soon enough!" Even though Im on my way out. Right now im pretty much relegated to "wrapping up" loose ends here and there, and saving a few hundred dollars more.
Happiness is a cold gun, and a warm beer... Also could use a cure for dyslexia. - Jack