Author Topic: A slight change of plans...  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Jason

• Rather Interested
A slight change of plans...
« on: August 06, 2006, 06:34:51 AM »
Hello all,

As many of you probably know I was hoping to move to Wyoming this summer/fall, preferably Crook county as I have asked a few of you guys for info/help about doing something like that. My parents were uncomfortable with me moving to a place they or I had never been to, especially with no one their they knew, and on top of that that it was FSW, a completely new concept that they now do understand but are still leery of me joining straight out of high school.

So anyways, to the point of this message: My plans have changed slightly as my parents and I have settled on my starting out in Montana. The reason being is that they have some friends their who are willing to get me settled in, find housing, friends, a job, church, etc. So I will be up in Bozeman sometime around the 20th or later and will be living there for a while, probably at least a year. That way I?ll be able to check out WY before moving there, and decide which part of the state I will fit in best. While I?m there, I?ll also get a chance to check out MT and see if it might actually be doable for a free state, as well, before I make my final decision. I plan to be at the next Jam to meet some of you and if I see that WY is still the best choice, after seeing/comparing both MT and WY, I?ll plan to move there as soon as I can. My plan at the moment is to get there eventually (the sooner the better) but I never know what might happen. Hope to see you guys soon; at the Jam, or when I come through to visit and check things out I?ll make sure to get in contact w/the FSW folks in the area so I can make some acquaintances with other FSWs and freedom loving folk. 

J

SP76

"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war."

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
Re: A slight change of plans...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 04:13:15 PM »
Sounds reasonable.

Montana is a fine state (my 2nd choice), and many counties are
sparsely populated.  It does have nearly twice the residents, though,
making a free state effort more difficult.

Check out MT and Wyoming, and meet us at the Jam.
Settle wherever works better for you.

Boston

Offline Jason

• Rather Interested
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:58:34 AM »
And btw, I do plan to stay pretty active on the forums as soon as I get moved as well, as I am not abandoning FSW in any way yet...
The way I see it, I'm simply not getting to WY as soon as I had hoped, and will be in the 2nd best place until I can/do get there... Unless my plans change upon seeing both WY and MT and seeing MT as better option, which I doubt will happen with WY having much smaller pop. and the quality of the FSW folks so high  :).

J
SP76

"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war."

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:44:09 PM »
J , please see if your folks will join you at the jam. I think they will find thier minds at ease after meeting the folks of the FSW.

Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline ZackSkrip

• Rather Interested
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 11:04:16 PM »
J , please see if your folks will join you at the jam. I think they will find thier minds at ease after meeting the folks of the FSW.

Miles

I whole heartedly agree with this. I'm a young guy too, and I went to the JAM, traveling by greyhound, to go camping with a bunch of people that I had only 'met' online. I kind-you-not, there were quite a few times while on that bus where I was asking myself what in the h3ll I was doing. I mean, going camping with a  bunch of crazy libertarians, some of whom I was depending upon for a ride  :D . The first guy I met was J. Hodge (the admin) and his wife (great people!) and once he started dragging out the blonde jokes on his wife I knew this was going to be a good time! At the JAM I met quite a few guys that I still keep in contact with on a regular basis (LukeFoxtrot, RichardF, Jared) the latter two who are now in WY.

To the rest of the nation, we are crazy. we are eccentric. Even though I always thought of myself like that (but knew that I was still basically 'normal') I was still a bit apprehensive to meet all of these 'crazy' and 'eccentric' people, but once you meet them, and especially your parents, you'll realize that that are the quintessential salt-of-the-earth. Friendly, outgoing, and always willing to lend a hand. Get your parents out here for the JAM next year.

Congrats on MT, by the way. I've spent a bit of time there (driving through many many times) and I've always thought it to be one of the most beautiful states. Get in contact with some people and get invited out. I know a few guys that would probably love to have you come out for a weekend once you get to this side of the nation.

Anyway, hope your move is going well.

Zack

Offline Jared

• Wolverine
  • FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • FSW Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:36:59 PM »
The area between Butte and Bozeman is gorgeous, and there's a college in Bozeman too so you can get your Bachelor's there if you like.
And when you turn 21 you can visit Buffalo Station.  >:D >:D
"Nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for."