Author Topic: Illegal Immigrant Population Growth in WY?  (Read 1645 times)

Offline John Corry

• Social Type
Illegal Immigrant Population Growth in WY?
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »
With the jobs/economy boom, are y'all seeing a great increase in the number of illegal immigrants from mexico and central America up there?

Jed Bodacious

Re: Illegal Immigrant Population Growth in WY?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:29:48 AM »
I spent a month in the Gillette area, where all the main job growth is and I did not see many at all.

Offline Fred Rogers

• Social Type
Re: Illegal Immigrant Population Growth in WY?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »
How would you know if someone is an illegal immigrant, or not?  I suppose if someone couldn't speak or understand English?  I've only known one illegal immigrant and he was from Belgium.  Came over on some kind of student pass, stayed, eventually returned to Belgium, came back and now he's in Alaska last I heard, legal this time.

It is difficult to imagine 11 million apple pickers.  When I've travelled around in the past, I've always gone somewhere with some faith that I would find a place to stay, find a place to work, and whatnot.  With so many coming across our borders, the amount of faith that must be involved boggles the mind.  Being self-employed and knowing what I'm up against as far as someone around telling me how to operate, I begin to understand the amount of faith that is on display.  I can't imagine any of it going away.
Men for whom God is dead worship one another.  Crews