Author Topic: Wyoming cities and counties may not prohibit firearm sales, open carry, etc.  (Read 8523 times)

Offline wyoman

• Reader
2 points to make here:

1)  Exactly WHAT do you NOT understand in the phrase:  "The RIGHTof the PEOPLE" to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT be infringed?!

2) A "permit," is actually a permission to commit a crime...

Offline Warp

Wow, it's true.

Look how free we are, I mean...all I have to do is fill out paperwork, pay a fee, wait in line at the jail for my fingerprints to be made and pay for that too, wait 3-5 mos for my BG check to come back clean and then I can get a permit.

A permission slip from my county's probate judge to 'keep and bear arms'.

With my permission slip, I can carry my pistol! How FREE I AM!!

Except that, I can't legally carry it: at church or a church function, at a school or school function, at a 'public gathering', at a political rally, in any public building (such as a courthouse or highway rest stop), in any establishment that serves alcoholic beverages, in a state park (anywhere in the state park!), at a sporting event, etc, etc.

Amazing that I'd find something to complain about, I mean...after all, I can go to great lengths to get a useless permit that effectively bars me from carrying pretty much anywhere.

Another Georgia resident? If you are speaking about GA you left some places off the list. Public transportation, including a "reasonable distance" from bus stops, is all off limits. Felony "attempted hijacking" at that. Are you aware of the court rulings that say a parking lot where high school teenagers have gathered to 'hang out' consitututes a public gathering and is thus off limits for any 'deadly weapon'? Don't forget that fore most of those categories it covers the parking lot too! No Applebees parking, that's a Class A Misdemeanor!

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Come to Wyoming. The only places we can't carry (open carry) is Federal property like the post office. Most of us don't want to go there anyway!! I open carry all day, every day, everywhere I go. So far there have been no private places posted "no guns," but I am prepared to honor that. I'll just find somewhere else to go.

It may be hard to imagine, but I carry in the bank, library, courthouse, any store or business here in my little town and most of the stores in a nearby state with the same open carry tolerance.

It's not perfect, but it's good and getting better. ML
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Warp

Come to Wyoming. The only places we can't carry (open carry) is Federal property like the post office. Most of us don't want to go there anyway!! I open carry all day, every day, everywhere I go. So far there have been no private places posted "no guns," but I am prepared to honor that. I'll just find somewhere else to go.

It may be hard to imagine, but I carry in the bank, library, courthouse, any store or business here in my little town and most of the stores in a nearby state with the same open carry tolerance.

It's not perfect, but it's good and getting better. ML

That is not at all hard to imagine.

I grew up in Indiana. Some of the best carry laws in the country right there.

Recently moved to Georgia...absolutely HATING their carry laws.

Wyoming is possible...but not for a few years.   :-[

Offline MamaLiberty

• Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
I grew up in Indiana. Some of the best carry laws in the country right there.

I think you'll agree that it's better not to need a "permit" at all, or worry about various local "laws" that would trip you up. :)

From opencarry.org   http://www.opencarry.org/

Indiana

Complete state preemption of firearms law except localities may regulate the carrying of firearms in land, buildings, or other real property they own or administer.
NOTE: Almost all states allow local regulation of the discharge of firearms

Open Car Carry    Firearms may be openly carried in cars only with a permit/license.

Wyoming

Complete State Preemption of All Firearm Laws  (No town or county can pass more restrictive laws)  Private property may post no gun signs, but it doesn't involve state or local law.  (I've not seen any business so posted in Wyoming.)

Open Car Carry    You may open carry in a vehicle. It must be clearly visible.  No permit required.

No state laws regarding open carry  (Federal laws apply)

It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline bladerunner

• Casual Observer
I know this thread is old..but hey i've got a lot of reading to do and since i live in GA i know that WE USED to be able to OPEN-CARRY with no permit..and i walked around all day with a pocket-sized Bill of Rights what happened when i buckled and decided to apply for a permit?..9-month wait and a "DO OVER REQUEST..FINGER PRINTS NO LEGIBLE",and i had to pony up more $..
Then they changed the law to now..OPEN-CARRY REQUIRES a "TOTERS-PERMIT"..I have no idea what that is..but i ain't gettin one...Man i can't wait til it's Jamboree time!

Offline DontTreadOnMe

• FREEDOM NOW! For the future.

Then they changed the law to now..OPEN-CARRY REQUIRES a "TOTERS-PERMIT"..I have no idea what that is..but i ain't gettin one...Man i can't wait til it's Jamboree time!

Music to my ears! See you at the jam, dude.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

-OPTIMUS PRIME