Author Topic: How?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline J13

How?
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:37:22 AM »
hello everyone

i've read Molon Labe (a very profound and eye-opening book), have seen wyoming via i-80 (and absolutely LOVE it!!), ive also got a very strong desire to live as freely as i can - have perused some of the easily found sites about the FSW project and am wondering where i can get more info, find contacts to a realestate agency that can be trusted (preferably a referral from someone who has bought land with the relator [still can't spell worth beans] and thus has first hand experiance with them) also i need to know where i can be the most effective to assist with the goals in molon labe - but ive got to have land with trees so i guess that means higher elevation (no problem there), have used google earth to look around at the counties first mentioned and have seen some places that look good, but i need a little more info

im planning on spending a weekend or 3 attempting to figure things out while being physicaly in wyo (im a truck driver and can obtain time off anywhere in the lower 48) but because of time constraints ive got to set up things a ways in advance

my goals are:
build a home on land that i own free and clear
have a small cattle farm that provides meat and a small profit
live with the maximum amount of freedom and security that i can obtain for myself and my daughter

there's more, but im having a time with articulating it fully

thanks
J13

Offline MamaLiberty

• FSW Founding Member, In Wyoming
  • Self ownership/ personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty.org
Re: How?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
Welcome, J13! We're more than willing to help you in any way possible. You are most welcome to visit any time, and I'll be more than glad to show you my little town and the beautiful black hills here.

The real estate agent who helped me find and buy my place here is Very Huber. She has a web site: http://www.homeplaceusa.com/ Take a look and get in touch with her. She'll do everything she can to help you find the right place. I can't recommend her highly enough.

That said, most of the undeveloped land around here is in pretty big chunks and the prices are going up. Land with mature trees is abailable, but usually at premium prices. I bought a house with 4+ acres - just a few trees - and will plant the trees myself.

PM if you'd like to talk!
MamaLiberty
It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.

Offline Boston

• FSW Founder
  • FSW Rifleman
    • Javelin Press
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:21:34 AM »
Hello J13, welcome, and thanks for the kind words about Mol?n Lab?!

As you acquaint yourself more with us and our posts, you'll see that we all
have had and are dealing with many of the same questions you are.  No
need to reinvent the wheel on most of it, so please take advantage of the
generous efforts contributed here.

Hope to see you at the Jamboree next year!

Boston

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »
J13, howdy and welcome here. Sounds to me like you have a pretty good plan to start out with, that being spending time in Wyoming looking around. Here are some folks who have offered to help others in visits of their areas.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?board=10.0

And here are several threads on realestate.

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?board=12.0

I don't know your financial situation,and it is none of my business, but many here would be interested in going in together on some sort of large parcel of land and then subdividing it up somehow. So if you see a larger parcel and the cost is to high, keep that in mind and maybe we all can make it work.
Have you seen other parts of the state besides I-80? How about I-25 north?    Miles

PS  There has been a few times that folks moving to Wyoming have asked about the issue of having a moving truck available to help with a move. If you have one available it might be a way to help out and have a little side business?

" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline J13

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:58:18 PM »
while i'm not allowed to use my current company's equipment to move either myself or anyone else, after im in wy (now ive only got 1 week per month home) i'de gladly assist with driving and moving folks - starting a moving business would be one of those endevors that would be an excellent tax deduction but not a huge (if any) profit maker for a hobby-size business (ie: an independant moving company - just too many (if using a tractor trailer) must-purchase-by-federal-law types of insurances, permits, plates, ect... but something intra state in a cargo van or hotshot may be just the ticket...have to look into it...)

i would be interested in getting involved in a sub-division type of large land purchase, but would have to look at the legal stuff closely before i could make anything but the most minimal of commitments - just need to look before i leap..

unfortunately i haven't seen anything beyond what was visible from the windows as i was rolling along on i-80 in the south and i-90 in the north - would love to spend about 3 months just getting lost off of the interstate in a decent 4wd.....
J

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »
J13,  Getting lost off road is one of my favorite things to do.  Wyoming has so many places to do this and I always feel like I am a pioneer the first human to step foot on this land. I have driven all day, at times, without seeing another person and other times only a few others.  Miles
" Cultivators of the earth are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bonds" --Thomas Jefferson --1785

Offline jnojr

• Rather Interested
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 12:43:01 PM »
I would be interested in looking at partnering up with others on a chunk of land.  The first question I'm trying to figure out is, what are the various pros-cons of different areas in the state?  I know some are very mountainous, and i gather that some areas are arid, or rolling hills.

Assuming the right group got together and agreed on the right piece of land in the right area, I'd buy in.  I could own land there while still living here until it's time to leave :)

Offline wyomiles

• FSW Associate
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 02:48:14 PM »
Jnojr , here is a thread you may want to join in on or get started again.    Miles

http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php?topic=2801.0